Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Jan 2016 at 3:52 AM
Default Sims 2 UC and Scriptorium
Okay, perhaps this has been asked already and answered elsewhere but so far searching hasn't helped. I have Sims 2 UC installed, and I would like my custom stairs, fireplaces, et cetera. However, I have no idea exactly how to go about installing Scriptorium so that I can have my CC. Has anyone figured this out yet? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh, I should mention that I am using Windows 10. Thanks everyone!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 7th May 2018 at 6:06 AM
So the package files and the scriptiom blue shortcuts should be in your download folder correct? And did you put the txt files into the scriptorium_stairs folder right?

Sorry that I can't remember where the script files go as at the moment i don't have access to my computer at the moment.
My game had the problem where they showed up ingame and were working correctly till suddenly they disappeared from the build catalogue. Uninstalling the scriptorium and reinstalling via its internal method fixed it. They now appear correctly for me again.

Give that a try if you haven't already.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 7th May 2018 at 7:02 AM
The Scriptorium works perfectly with UC.
It installs perfectly with the auto-installer as well.
If you have problems, try to uninstall it per Numenor's instructions by running the auto-installer and then run it again and install it again. This has worked for some other players
Scholar
#4 Old 7th May 2018 at 8:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
The Scriptorium works perfectly with UC.
It installs perfectly with the auto-installer as well.
If you have problems, try to uninstall it per Numenor's instructions by running the auto-installer and then run it again and install it again. This has worked for some other players

It worked great for me 2 weeks ago, both uninstalling it and reinstalling it. I have UC on Win10

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Mad Poster
#5 Old 7th May 2018 at 11:38 AM
I also have UC and Windows 10 - but I used UC for some time on Windows 7 too. The Scriptorium works fine on both.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 7th May 2018 at 8:21 PM
I've also noticed that as of the latest set of updates it's not really working anymore. I'll reinstall and see if that solves the problem.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 7th May 2018 at 8:27 PM
I did the latest update, @terula8 - I reinstalled it as well.
With every update, there are a number of things that I need to do: reinstall the graphic rules, reinstall the camera mod, do the 4GP patch again, sometimes reinstall the scriptorium and sometimes reinstall the CEP.
As for the last update (I did post about it elsewhere) I wasn't sure if it really changed anything. But then a day or so later, I found that it did - I found some bunk beds in my buy catalog that never showed up before!
Instructor
#8 Old 8th May 2018 at 2:58 AM
@Sims2Christain

Installing and using Scriptorium:

Auto Install file:
Link: http://modthesims.info/d/192613

Download Scriptorium Setup file.
Make a file folder for it where you keep Sims 2 Utlity files, then uzip it.
Run the Scriptorium Setup file. Make sure you are not running the Sims 2 game while installing.
Accept the agreement. Next you will see the options in the install. You have a choice to either install Gundmod's Radiant mod or not (I chose this option), leave everything else alone. Click 'Next'.
You will get a message about getting help regarding the program, hit 'OK'.
It will automatically install.

Now how to use it.
You have custom stairs you want to install and they came with a (.txt) file. They will not work unless you have this file. The one piece stairs do no need a Scipt. Just the expandable ones do. Do not modify this file. The only reason you would have to is because it may not have been formatted right (which I have run in to before, and it will not run correctly in the game).

Correctly Formatted:

#Marvine_rockstairs

modularStairs 301
objectID landing 0x00063E8D
objectID placeholder 0x00063E8C
objectID step 0x00063E8E
objectID topStep 0x00063E8B
objectID bottomStep 0x00063E89
catalogTextIndex 301

Not Correctly Formatted:

#Marvine_rockstairs

modularStairs 301

objectID landing 0x00063E8D

objectID placeholder 0x00063E8C

objectID step 0x00063E8E

objectID topStep 0x00063E8B

objectID bottomStep 0x00063E89

catalogTextIndex 301

This file is line spaced by 1.5 instead of 1.0, highlight from under title of stairs to end of file. Change line spacing to 1.0 and no extra line spaces after. Leave a single line space between title #(title of script here) and script. See correct format above.

If your file is good, exit out to the 'File Explorer' where you can see the (.txt) file, now open up a duplicate 'File Explorer' Window in Windows. Place the two 'File Explorer' windows side by side. Go to your Sims 2 download folder in one of them and you'll see the Scriptorium selections with the icon to the left of them. Click on the Scriptorium your script is for. You'll notice in the file location bar above that it goes directly to the scripts in your EA Games folder.

Example:
C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Deluxe\Base\TSData\Res\Catalog\Scripts\Scriptorium_ModularStairs

This is right. Now, go to the other 'File Explorer' Window where the (.txt) file is. Pick and drag it into the other Window into the Script Window you have open. That's it. Make sure you place your (.package) file in your MY DOCUMENTS/EA GAMES/THE SIMS 2/DOWNLOAD folder (I made a separate file folder for my content that uses Scripts). Hope this helps.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 8th May 2018 at 3:06 AM
While it is necessary to reinstall the scriptorium once in a while, the stairs are still there and will show up after the reinstall.
Scholar
#10 Old 8th May 2018 at 7:23 AM
Thanks @suzymarie64.
I found nothing wrong with the files just Scriptorium thanks to Justpetro I was able to reinstall it and the files appeared correctly.

Your detailed instructions would have quite useful when I was dreading that the files were modified as I had no idea how I was going to fix it. Luckly they were fine.

Now I can get back to stylistic building. No strange green stairs where a natural rock stairway should be.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 8th May 2018 at 12:11 PM