Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 5:12 PM
Default Managing aging households with no mods.
So here's the setup: I'm trying to do a legacy but I'd like the world to change as time moves on: people getting married, having kids, dying, ect. The death part is no problem: its the rest that I'm having trouble with.

This is specifically for games where you're only actively playing one house, since everyone else will be aging at the same time. I know there's something akin to NRaas for the Sims 4 (MC Center I think?) but I share the game with someone who doesn't care for that mod. And maybe there's others who'd like to play this way and have more control over who marries who and so forth so why not just brainstorm with the community?

So I've been trying to figure out a couple of things:
1) exactly when I should change things in the town. (weekly, biweekly, after certain special events, ect)
2) exactly HOW many households should be effected each time.
3) how to decide which households are effected. (that i could probably use a random number generator though to make it interesting)

I debated doing it weekly but I usually play on short lifespans so i'll miss out on a lot. The main issue I would have would be toddlers and pets: I may miss opportunities to have playdates and I straight out have no idea how I would decide what families would adopt or have litters of pets. I could just add toddlers in as soon as a baby is born into the household, but again how many kids and more importantly, deciding if households get 1, 2, or 3 kids per "birth".
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 3:57 AM
I also share my game with someone who doesn't use so many mods; in my experience it's easier to just move the Mods folder to the desktop, but I guess that's not ideal for everyone.

The randomization sounds like a good idea to me. You could make a couple tables with possible outcomes and "roll" a number for each category. (Here's a mod that won't affect anyone's saves. ) If you're not actually going to be playing any other households, I think bi-weekly would be a good idea. Specifically in the very early mornings when your main family isn't busy anyway. Personally I fix things in the world on Sundays and Wednesdays and switch back to my household by the time it's 8 o'clock.