Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th May 2018 at 8:03 AM
Default Mortar Board (academic cap) and Wellington Boots for teenage boys
Does anyone know of any mortar boards (academic caps) or wellington boots for male teens? These are two separate things I'm looking for, not one outfit featuring both.

Don't worry, I don't have any 13-year-old geniuses ready to graduate. It's just Andrew wanting to dress up.

Ideally the mortar board wouldn't spoil his hair, and it would be nice if the boots could be worn with short shorts, but Andrew and I will be happy to look t anything that fits the bill.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 18th May 2018 at 8:14 AM
Would these work for mortar boards?

Simphany's graduation caps for males of all ages: http://simphany.com/Hair/Meshes/Sim...shes-Hair-9.htm
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th May 2018 at 8:56 AM
Thanks Sketching! Andrew will just have to comb his hair up inside the cap. I should have known about that one; Simphany.com is one of my favourite Sims sites. Andrew wears simphany shorts most of the time.

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 18th May 2018 at 12:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
These are two separate things I'm looking for, not one outfit featuring both.

Thank you for the mental image of Andrew naked besides the above. XD
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th May 2018 at 2:28 PM
Charity, please don't put ideas into his head! He's bad enough without you encouraging him!

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd May 2018 at 7:31 PM
May I, ever so gently, bump this thread? Andrew has got his mortar board (thanks Sketching!), but still can't find any wellies.

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 23rd May 2018 at 9:59 PM
I found some accessory wellies, but they are for teen females. I wonder if anyone has converted them for boys?
http://2-f0r-u.de/accessorymesh2.htm
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 24th May 2018 at 9:58 PM
While looking for Large over-sized statues that could possibly be used as parade balloons, I found these deco Wellies .

Cheers!
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 24th May 2018 at 10:16 PM
I found these - but I think it's just for females.
http://modthesims.info/d/279611
Mad Poster
#10 Old 30th May 2018 at 1:52 PM
@AndrewGloria

Clear some room in your PM box. :P
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 31st May 2018 at 8:07 AM
Charity, Andrew loves you! :lovestruc

He's delighted that you made a pair of wellies for him. Here he is trying them on at the Comandgo Emporium in downtown Veronaville. The shorts are just what he wanted too: right colour, right length, and a new style that no one else is wearing. Of course he bought the outfit! It was just what he was looking for. (He bought 3 new tops while he was at it, including that shirt he was trying on. So it was an expensive shopping trip: eight hundred Simoleons on new clothes, none of which will fit him when he goes to university. Gloria is glad he's now got enough money to pay for his own stuff.)

Thanks too everyone else for your suggestions. I'll see how I can use them. Sadly the German site that @simsample linked to seems to have gone the way of all flesh -- the link was dead when I tried to access it. I'll try and see if I can reach it with the Wayback Machine.

Thanks again everyone! I'll let you all know soon just what Andrew wanted all this stuff for.
Screenshots

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mad Poster
#12 Old 31st May 2018 at 11:38 AM
Nice. I've just finished the rest of that outfit and am about to upload it and Andrew will be pleased to know that he'll still be able to wear the same shorts and boots when he goes to Uni. Also, I hadn't labelled the colours yet and picked one to give him at random, so I'm glad he liked it; he could have got bright orange. XD
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#13 Old 31st May 2018 at 9:25 PM
@AndrewGloria
Web archive does have it:
https://web.archive.org/web/2007030...essorymesh2.htm

Andrew looks great in his new outfit, Sim Sample is hoping to see him out on the town some time! Well done @Charity ! :lovestruc
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#14 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 12:22 PM
In case any of you haven't worked it out yet, you can see what Andrew wanted this stuff for in Jones's Outfit of the Day Challenge, starting at post #10.

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Field Researcher
#15 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 1:54 PM
How about this cap? I've got some really good wellies, but they are not for teens, unfortunately.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#16 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 4:22 PM
Thanks Aileena! Andrew likes that mortar board cap better than the Simphany.com one, because it doesn't spoil his lovely hairdo!

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!