Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Oct 2006 at 4:47 AM
Default Has anyone downloaded their pre-order breeds?
I'm just asking, since I was on amazon, and I downloaded a file called "CAFQW7BD", and i'm wondering if that's the file that has my purple pug in it. There was also another one that had a code in it, thinking that this code is to download the purple pug, so I want to know if anyone else has found this file somewhere.

CODE LYOKO!!!!!!!!!
Advertisement
#2 Old 17th Oct 2006 at 8:11 AM
hmmm,,,,that might be the code to unlock the pug in the game.i dont know.
it said on the site that you dont D/L your bonus,you insert the code while in CAS (or wherever you insert it) and unlock it there
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 17th Oct 2006 at 1:13 PM
It should be the code for the game. Because they're not actual downloads.. you just get a code to unlock them.
Test Subject
#4 Old 17th Oct 2006 at 1:34 PM
I pre-ordered Pets on play.com and they're giving me a code to unlock the "star dalmation".

It's not clear where to enter the actual code, I'll enter it in CAS and see what happens.

I do not suffer from insanity...I enjoy every moment of it.
#5 Old 17th Oct 2006 at 9:01 PM
if that's the actual code, shouldn't you remove it from your post?

(I got the bandit cat anyway, didn't want purple pug)
Scholar
#6 Old 17th Oct 2006 at 9:03 PM
oh you have a good point but why would they name a file the same as the code?

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
#7 Old 17th Oct 2006 at 9:04 PM
oh, wow... looked at my code, mine is 19 digits, so that can't be it, disregard, hehe
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 1:40 AM
Yea, i have another one with a code, so i know that can't be it. But I thought that the code is only for the console version of the sims?

CODE LYOKO!!!!!!!!!
#9 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 1:49 AM
The codes can be inserted at option menu.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 1:57 AM
I remember reading it, and it said that it was for the console where you had to input the code...maybe it's just me.

CODE LYOKO!!!!!!!!!
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#11 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 2:02 AM
1. Start The Sims 2 Pets.
2. Enter a Neighborhood, click the FAMILIES button, then click
CREATE NEW FAMILY.
3. Click the Options icon (the "...") and then click the Game Options
icon (the cogs).
4. Click the Blue Key icon which opens the Unlocked Sims Gift Code
dialog box.
5. Click the Enter a Code Key icon, enter the code above, and click
the Check Mark icon. If your code is valid, the Bandit Cat will
appear in the Breed Bin.
6. Click the CREATE FAMILY button, click the CREATE A SIM button,
then click the CREATE A CAT button.
7. Click the CHOOSE A BREED (#2) button and you'll find the Bandit
Cat.

This is the instructions I received with my bandit cat. As the game hasnt arrived yet, or is at my post office tomorrow waiting on me (hopefully!) I havent actually entered the code yet.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 2:13 AM
Oh, so maybe it really is a code! But wouldn't that be "unsafe" for people who didn't really pre-order it getting the code and just use it? It can be really THAT easy, unless certain copies have something special to unlock the breeds, and once you unlock one, you can't unlock another.

CODE LYOKO!!!!!!!!!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 2:56 AM
It says in the hint guide that you can give your unlock codes away and even personalize them like a gift. :-) So yes people can distribute unlock codes.

There are lots of unlockable things listed in the hint guide.

Edit: Although I am not sure if the promo unlock codes work the same way as the ones you earn in game.

What is history but a fable agreed upon?
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#14 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 3:14 AM
The unlock codes are definitely 19 characters long (numbers/letters). They get entered inside the game, so don't mistake it with your serial number for installing the game.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 3:18 AM
I already got the code for the Bandit Cat.
In a email
And i unlocked it heres how
Go to Familys
Click
Create a Family (let the screen load)
And then go to Game Options
And on the bottom their should be a KEY on the bottom corner and it says view all unlockables
Then when u click it and let it load it says
NO Unlockable Unlocked
Theirs a nother key on bottom corner of that new screen
and then type in the code and taa daa you ethier got the code for the Bandit Cat or the Dog which ever one this is the way you unlock it.

I allso have a big bug problem when playing Pets it deleted all my OFB things and says that OFB was uninstalled but it realy was not uninstaled and is still on my PC.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 3:18 AM
Hmmm...then I wonder what that download was then.

CODE LYOKO!!!!!!!!!