Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Oct 2006 at 3:18 PM
Pets released in Brazil since yesterday*...
People in Brazil are buying The Sims 2 Pets! It's released there!
They're posting pics at:
http://www.osimbr.net

This fansite is updating every time with new pics!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 16th Oct 2006 at 6:23 PM
what is getting me a little worried is that in nonen of the pictures i see custom content. Not only that, on the previous pet event they said CC was not compatible with EP (just like with University, when we had to make it "Uni compatible")

Gosh, dunno f i will have the patience\time\organization to update every single object :-(

how terrible will be to see pets in shelves and not buy it (i prefer my cc).

"I'm just pretending to be a poser"
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 16th Oct 2006 at 6:29 PM
It could be that the people play on a computer without cc. I have one with and one without cc I wouldn't worry about that too much.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 16th Oct 2006 at 6:37 PM
How awful!

Me too! I choose my CC. Screw Pets if it's that way....
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#5 Old 16th Oct 2006 at 6:39 PM
I am really annoyed - howcome when there's a set release date, all these countries sell it earlier?
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 16th Oct 2006 at 6:47 PM
it must be some "genious' idea" from EA's marketing people. You know, stores themselves cannot decide when they will release things.

Hey, pprmarques, have you got it? does it "reject" non-official objects?

"I'm just pretending to be a poser"
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#7 Old 16th Oct 2006 at 6:51 PM
Oh some stores do decide when they release things. There's been a few that put stuff out early.
#8 Old 16th Oct 2006 at 6:54 PM
uh,.... i can't use my cc???
Test Subject
#9 Old 16th Oct 2006 at 7:00 PM
Maybe the person who posted the pics took out all the cc and plans to put it in again at a later point. At least, that's what I will do just to be on the safe side.
What I did hear however is that some objects are now usable by pets and maxis had to work on that all over again (I'm guessing counters, sofas etc). I hope some of the geniuses here will come up with a solution for that problem.
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#10 Old 16th Oct 2006 at 7:06 PM
It's most likely, Mikkey - it's highly advisable that you remove custom content, hacks/mods etc after installing and then add stuff in slowly to see what works and what does not.
#11 Old 16th Oct 2006 at 7:27 PM
hyes, I'll be doing that today since I'm planning on getting the game on Wed.

edit:
Hey, is it me or does her makeup look custom?
http://www.thesims2.br.ea.com/image...917-terra01.JPG
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 16th Oct 2006 at 8:21 PM
Dischordkitty, the reasons of it being sold earlier in countires ohter than the U.S. and many other countries is alot of hte time based on crime rate and piracy rate..thats a main reason why they get it here in the middle because the U.S. rate is MUCH higher than in brazil and in switzerland(which usually get it before us also)

Take a look at a new sims2 chat site ran by Tease. There are mods and we are working to get teh site off of its feet. You can look around and if you feel like joining that would be great for the site. Thanks

Original Poster
#13 Old 16th Oct 2006 at 8:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cereja-chan
it must be some "genious' idea" from EA's marketing people. You know, stores themselves cannot decide when they will release things.

Hey, pprmarques, have you got it? does it "reject" non-official objects?

I don't know yet...
:/
I don't have the game... but I can ask someone.
But a person in EA Brasil tell me that all versions they played "reject" non-official objcts :confused:
but... maybe the final version suport... I don't know
Scholar
#14 Old 16th Oct 2006 at 8:45 PM
I thought Pets was supposed to come out on October 17th!! Now they're telling me its the 18th 8-| And whn I got GLS stupid wal-mart didnt even put it on their shelves yet...had to wait a day more to get it at EB Games. The laziness of their employee's ticks me off when they say "no, we dont have it" or "go check over there" It really ****** the hell out of me

Call me Paco!
Rhymes with Taco

I'm currently taking requests until August 12th.
#15 Old 16th Oct 2006 at 8:57 PM
weee

why do the online banners say the 19th?
#16 Old 16th Oct 2006 at 9:10 PM
Well my first thought would be that they installed and booted up the game. Went on a picture taking frenzy without enabling custom content and restarting lol But I could very well be wrong.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 16th Oct 2006 at 9:53 PM
Well, the release date probably is the 17th, but different stores will sell at different dates. The local Target is releasing on Thursday, and the local best Buy on Wed.

Also, does anyone know if Body-shop made items are compatable or not? Most of my CC is skins and hair meshes, so All I feel the need to back up are a few families and mods.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 16th Oct 2006 at 10:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Onsimsnow
Dischordkitty, the reasons of it being sold earlier in countires ohter than the U.S. and many other countries is alot of hte time based on crime rate and piracy rate..thats a main reason why they get it here in the middle because the U.S. rate is MUCH higher than in brazil and in switzerland(which usually get it before us also)

I am sorry but I dont really understand your point about the piracy issue and Brazil/Switzerland! Are you saying that we have higher piracy levels outside the US?

Ever since I have been playing the Sims( and I go waaay back) I have yet to even here where to purchase or even seen a pirate copy of the game.

From what I know from the distributor I usually received my game from is that they release the game when they get it in.

But this time there was some very heavy pressure applied to them not to release the game as early as they have in the past. If things would have stayed the way they were before , I would have already had my game last Friday.
Test Subject
#19 Old 16th Oct 2006 at 10:54 PM
I am in Canada and it is realeasing here on the 19th.

Lori
Test Subject
#20 Old 16th Oct 2006 at 10:58 PM
Generally I'd have to say that anyone that gets the game on the 17th-18th are getting it early. I'm getting it on the 19th and even that seems to be a long time to wait. I can't even begin to imagine those who'd get it later.
As for why, well, I think I recall EA doing that with OFB or I'm just messing dates up.
It might be that Brazil and Switzerland has different policies on release dates for games than other countries or something.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 16th Oct 2006 at 11:12 PM
Raye1.. someone told me that no.. the reason you get it earlier.. is becuase levels are LOWER than here in the US.. basically in a general sence.. theres more of a chance that they will be sold here illigally or not even sold here.. compared to other parts of the world

Take a look at a new sims2 chat site ran by Tease. There are mods and we are working to get teh site off of its feet. You can look around and if you feel like joining that would be great for the site. Thanks

Lab Assistant
#22 Old 16th Oct 2006 at 11:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Onsimsnow
Raye1.. someone told me that no.. the reason you get it earlier.. is becuase levels are LOWER than here in the US.. basically in a general sence.. theres more of a chance that they will be sold here illigally or not even sold here.. compared to other parts of the world

Ok I understand your point now. From what the shops here say they also think that its unfair we are not offered any of the bonus items . So basically they checked the laws to see if they were in violation to sell the games as soon as they got them in. According to them there was nothing in the laws here in Switzerland to prevent it.

But this time they have succumed(or atleast some of the shops have) to the pressure applied by EA Games to not sell the game early.

Funny how this happens when the EP I wanted the most comes out! LOL!
#23 Old 17th Oct 2006 at 3:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by raye1
Ok I understand your point now. From what the shops here say they also think that its unfair we are not offered any of the bonus items . So basically they checked the laws to see if they were in violation to sell the games as soon as they got them in. According to them there was nothing in the laws here in Switzerland to prevent it.

But this time they have succumed(or atleast some of the shops have) to the pressure applied by EA Games to not sell the game early.

Funny how this happens when the EP I wanted the most comes out! LOL!

I can wait a couple of days if you can! Just breathe. Breathe.

I bet the reason there's no custom content is they removed it. I know I'll be removing all my custom content before I install it until I know everything's okay.
#24 Old 17th Oct 2006 at 3:45 AM
http://snootysims.com/petstemp/pets13.jpg

That Ipod shirt is totally CC.

There's hope yet.
Stupid people are stupid
#25 Old 17th Oct 2006 at 9:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by raye1
I am sorry but I dont really understand your point about the piracy issue and Brazil/Switzerland! Are you saying that we have higher piracy levels outside the US?

Ever since I have been playing the Sims( and I go waaay back) I have yet to even here where to purchase or even seen a pirate copy of the game.

From what I know from the distributor I usually received my game from is that they release the game when they get it in.

But this time there was some very heavy pressure applied to them not to release the game as early as they have in the past. If things would have stayed the way they were before , I would have already had my game last Friday.

I was waiting for you to post pics and everything
Page 1 of 2