Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Aug 2013 at 7:01 PM
Default The Sims 4 Prima Game Guide..
Soo.... um, is there gonna be one?

vanilla-breyers.tumblr.com
Advertisement
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#2 Old 24th Aug 2013 at 7:09 PM
Ask Prima, I guess. No one knows yet.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Aug 2013 at 7:12 PM
I wish Greg Kramer would wright it, I miss him. Whoever wrote the Sims 3 game guides weren't as funny.

One Minute Ninja'd
#4 Old 24th Aug 2013 at 10:35 PM
I think there needs to be a game before a Guide can be written, and we're not there yet.
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#5 Old 24th Aug 2013 at 10:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
I think there needs to be a game before a Guide can be written, and we're not there yet.

You'd think that....but I seem to recall the TS2 Prima Guide was apparently written before the release of the game and so had some discrepancies.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Alchemist
#6 Old 24th Aug 2013 at 11:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227

Maybe they could write one for EA for the development process.

How to Lose a Customer in 10 Days
1) Alienate current fanbase
2) Attach everything to Facebook/Twitter
3) Withhold base game items/features for EPs
4) Withhold base game items for Store
5) Tweak CAS/Build/Buy Mode for tablet users and sideline PC users
6) Eliminate random death to placate "speshul snowflaeks"
7) Eliminate suggestive sexual interactions to appease Mrs. Crumplebottom
8) Replace everyday life simulation with grand, epic quests and challenges
9) Serve burritos without legs
10) Make fetch happen (i.e. persistent online connection)

Here's hoping the above don't happen.
Theorist
#7 Old 24th Aug 2013 at 11:07 PM
True! Also, Sims 3 guides came out with some cheats which were removed I think. Obviously Prima get a copy of the Golden Master Edition before the public to make the guides - sometimes some small changes can happen.
I highly doubt the trend of guides will stop with Sims 4 -- though I've never really thought to buy one, are they any good? I used to like reading the ones that came with TS2 expansion packs, though, when the game loaded.

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Eminence Grise
#8 Old 24th Aug 2013 at 11:36 PM
Yeah, typically Prima guides are written months before release... which explains all the errors Takes a long time to physically produce a print book!

However, Prima doesn't just work of the game as shipped, they also have access to the devs and code while writing.

IMO, the TS2 guide were well worth the price... they included a lot of detail about underlying gameplay mechanics (exactly what formulas determine the success chance of every interaction, for instance) which otherwise you could really only find out by code diving, way more than is covered in online wikis and guides. However, that stopped with TS3 and I doubt it will come back, so..... I am happy relying on community info
Forum Resident
#9 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 12:14 AM
Why do people need the guide when you can read all the help you want on this forum?

I own the prima guide for TS3, and its def not anything special.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 1:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by residenteviloutbreak
Why do people need the guide when you can read all the help you want on this forum?

I read the TS3 guide, and it was alright. I just didn't care for the author, she tried too hard.

But the TS2 guide, I still have it. I wore that sucker out, I studied it like I was preparing for a test. Today it's covered in tape, collecting dust on my book shelf. I paid 20 dollars for it at Barnes and Nobel, and it was worth every penny.

I took notes on the book, I processed every page, I even high lighted things.

I even tried to write a letter to Greg Kramer.... I was such a loser.

Mad Poster
#11 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 1:37 AM
I too have the guide book to The Sims 2 and the Nightlife Expansion pack.

I guess having a physical book means that you can look up info while in-game without messing with the RAM usage levels.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 1:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Original_Sim
Maybe they could write one for EA for the development process.

7) Eliminate suggestive sexual interactions to appease Mrs. Crumplebottom

The people of EA were tired of being beat on by a prude old lady, so they just went with her ideas.

Alchemist
#13 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 3:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by residenteviloutbreak

Knowing some before asking everything is good... for the rest of forum residents.

Just call me Nikel
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#14 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 4:41 AM
The only Prima guide I have for the Sims3 is the one for Pets, and that I got in a store a week before the games release. I was a minor celebrity on Facebook that day, since I could tell people exactly how to get a Unicorn.