Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 9:16 AM
Default TS4 should have TS2-like mosaics. TS3 ones are too big.
The Sims 4 should have a mosaic similar to the ones in TS1 and TS2. It is rather ridiculous when you can't even see any of your Sim at all in the bath. in TS2, you can at least see part of their arms and legs, and there are smaller mosaics and two for females. In TS3, there is one RIDICULOUSLY sized one for both genders. I feel the ones from TS1 and TS2 are better than the ones in TS3, and it gets rather annoying when they are so HUGE, and I don't see why they did that.
Advertisement
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#2 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 9:19 AM Last edited by ButchSims : 26th Aug 2013 at 3:50 AM.
You know you can just use a mod to get rid of them, right?

edit: I don't know why this got a "disagree", since whether you choose to do it or not, you CAN use a mod to get rid of them. Jus' sayin.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 9:20 AM
I don't like getting rid of them. I would rather have the HUGE OVERSIZED JUMBO ones than have NONE. I just don't see why they changed them.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 9:39 AM
The sims 2 mosaic is huge if the sim is a toddler. It covers their face when they are on the potty. Used to be with the base game they had a cheat to change it's size, but they got rid of that I think with the Uni EP. I use a mod to be rid of the thing.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 12:10 PM
I wish they would just give us the option to turn them off - some of us are grown-ups :-)
Mad Poster
#6 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 12:16 PM
I think they should make the mosaic to cover up the sims' faces and leave the rest alone.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Forum Resident
#7 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 12:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rexydallas
I don't like getting rid of them. I would rather have the HUGE OVERSIZED JUMBO ones than have NONE. I just don't see why they changed them.
Did TS3 also laze by not having a naked pregnant don't-know-the-word at all because of the huge mosaic or am I completely misremembering? And it would be absolutely lovely if sims would pull down their pants to go potty.
Alchemist
#8 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 2:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LadyAngua
I wish they would just give us the option to turn them off - some of us are grown-ups :-)

Get your hopes down. EA doesn't seem to want to repeat their previous mistake. http://gamespot.com/news/sims-2-con...coffee-6129609?

Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
The sims 2 mosaic is huge if the sim is a toddler. It covers their face when they are on the potty. Used to be with the base game they had a cheat to change it's size, but they got rid of that I think with the Uni EP. I use a mod to be rid of the thing.

It's huge in The Sims 2? Then I don't know what word to describe in The Sims 3 when it comes to toddler. I can barely even see anything when my toddler takes potty.

Just call me Nikel
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 4:29 PM
I never got the point of the mosaic. The sims stay undercovers for Woohoo, they keep their clothes on when going to potty.
The only time I get a view of a Sim's butt is when they shower or streak in UL. And again, they are Barbie dolls. Kids play with Barbies all the time.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 4:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
The only time I get a view of a Sim's butt is when they shower or streak in UL

Glad I'm not the only who did that.

vanilla-breyers.tumblr.com
Mad Poster
#11 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 6:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tzigone
Did TS3 also laze by not having a naked pregnant don't-know-the-word at all because of the huge mosaic or am I completely misremembering? And it would be absolutely lovely if sims would pull down their pants to go potty.

YES. lmao
Theorist
#12 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 6:44 PM

Like some players, I don't care about the mosaic. I just ignore it. An on/off option would be good for those that dislike it. I don't use a mod obviously but my husband does in his game. To each their own. This is the Sims.... play it your way And this is a nit, not huge thing that could make or break the game, there are bigger concerns like build mode, CASt, open worlds, pregnant sims able to change clothes.... so let's concentrate on those instead

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Alchemist
#13 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 6:55 PM

Hear hear!
Alchemist
#14 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 6:56 PM
Maybe instead of mosaics, they could use a barely noticeable blur that only censors the sim's breasts and nethers, while leaving the face and body alone.
Eminence Grise
#15 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 8:30 PM
or black bars, or, yknow... unremovable g-strings and pasties?

Whatever we get, it'll be modded off within moments, so not fussed.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 26th Aug 2013 at 12:35 PM
black bars would be feasible but it wouldn't look as good. i vote for g-strings and pasties. nothing suggestive here, nope.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#17 Old 26th Aug 2013 at 1:02 PM
Never Nude trait. For all of them. By default. Problem solved.

It's not that they profit in any way from being nude. It doesn't seem to be necessary for baby-making in any case. I've watched it once what they do under those sheets. It's not a pretty sight: they dissolve into single limbs and meaty pieces and create a huge mess of body parts and shortly before they reappear from underneath the sheets they reassemble each other again. Babies seem to happen when this reassemby leaves some surplus material that can then be shaped into a burrito.
Forum Resident
#18 Old 26th Aug 2013 at 1:15 PM
They should make small ones to simply cover the genitals and buttox of both sexes, and boobs of the woman.

OR, to add humor, how about "Black Bars"?

These are always funny when they appear in shows.
Forum Resident
#19 Old 26th Aug 2013 at 1:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear
black bars would be feasible but it wouldn't look as good. i vote for g-strings and pasties. nothing suggestive here, nope.

Can the guy wear the G-String too?
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#20 Old 26th Aug 2013 at 1:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by residenteviloutbreak
Can the guy wear the G-String too?
And nipple clampspasties, too, please.

But honestly. As a child I was already used to the sight of nuditiy, so whenever I saw those black bars I was actually more curious because I thought that there was something else to see, or that maybe they wore those bars because they lacked something that would normally be there and were ashamed because of that.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 26th Aug 2013 at 1:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
Whatever we get, it'll be modded off within moments, so not fussed.

I think so, too. As far as I remember, No-Censor-mods were more or less the first mods that were done for all Sims games, some even within a couple of days (maybe even hours?) after the first release.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 26th Aug 2013 at 10:08 PM
i'm all about gender equality. let there be gstrings and pasties for men as well.
Scholar
#23 Old 26th Aug 2013 at 11:19 PM
I want TS2 mosaics in TS4, TS3's where WAY to big.