Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 12:44 PM
Default Curved fences seems to be confirmred.
Now do the walls.

Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 12:58 PM
Not on the subject, I know, but I did notice the other bathroom pictures in the corner...Could it be that we don't only have modern chunky furniture?

Oh, joy! (okay, it's chunky traditionnal furniture, but that's something at least)

And yes, nice about the fences...T'was not killing me, but nice.

Walls now?
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 4:20 PM
Yesssss! It's such a random little thing to have but I've wanted curved walls/fences for a looong time, I wonder if we'll even get curved stairs? They could make it the same way you do curved pools, y'know, where you choose how many sq's long/wide you want it to be and then boom you just place it down wherever

You gonna do something killer?
C'mon give it a try...
Test Subject
#4 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 5:06 PM
Where are these from?
Inventor
#5 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 7:14 PM
We'll get curved fences, I can confirm as much.

Not sure if I can comment on the walls so I won't.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#6 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 7:16 PM
Well at least if we can raise foundations it's a help for making staggered stair landings without a cheat

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Instructor
#7 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 7:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crinrict
We'll get curved fences, I can confirm as much.

Not sure if I can comment on the walls so I won't.

Nod twice for yes and once for no.
Inventor
#8 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 7:36 PM
nodding 7 times :P
Scholar
#9 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 7:37 PM
Three nods? That sounds ...hopeful?

EDIT - Seven times?! *eyes boggle*

...Titanium white...
Inventor
#10 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 7:40 PM
Yeah, sorry. I edited. I didn't want to make it sound like it was a yes/no.

It's still mostly a I can't tell and also also a bit of conflicting info on it (just slightly but still)
Instructor
#11 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 7:41 PM
nodding 7 times :P

I'll just interpret that as 3 corners of the house are curve-able (yay new word?) but the 4th one has to be... normal. Square?

Inventor
#12 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 7:45 PM
really. There's no meaning to it at all. I was trying to be funny. Guess I failed (too tired).

Guess I should not post anything. It's safer that way
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#13 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 8:09 PM
Well, there is this article:
http://www.simtimes.de/die-sims-4-i...entation-14125/
There it says: no curved walls.

Are they breaking the contract?
Eminence Grise
#14 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 8:14 PM
rofl please don't do that! We love your posts and promise not to over-interpret any more

Good news on the fences, anyway. I am wondering if the the possibility of curves is related to the new building tech (everything is a blueprint).

Since you confirmed on curved fences, can you confirm whether those curves are directly editable, or are they fixed shapes like pool corners?

Something else I'd like to know... BUT ONLY IF YOU'RE ALLOWED TO TELL... in the videos, it looks like maybe wall length is not tied to tile size? Or at least, maybe we can now have half-tile walls. Can you resize walls freely without snapping to tiles?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 8:34 PM
Yeah, sorry. I edited. I didn't want to make it sound like it was a yes/no.

It's still mostly a I can't tell and also also a bit of conflicting info on it (just slightly but still)

simsvip already confirmed that there would be no curved walls :/
Inventor
#16 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 9:21 PM Last edited by crinrict : 25th Aug 2013 at 9:57 PM. Reason: Typo, typo and another typo
See that's where it gets all fuzzy.

The problem is as follows: We are allowed to talk about what we saw on build/buy on the producer presentation. We're not allowed to talk about what we saw at the MasterClass.

Now there was a German producer presentation that was different from the one producer one we saw at SimsCamp. There's four people who seen both. Simfans.de, simtimes.de, sims-3.net and myself. Simtimes also had another reporter at the german producer presentations so they kinda know what they can talk about for me it's a bit blurry. So if SimTimes says there are none, then I guess it should be ok.

To me what was said at the German producer presentation was slightly different from what the MasterClass one said. I do have to read around if I remember correctly (which I can't do at this stage of me being very tired). Tbh, I was a bit upset and at loss at the German presentation so I also might have missed stuff when I tried to get an answer from our community manager in the middle of the q/a session.

At this point, I'm not going out on a limb and not answer any buy/build mode questions.

Check the following German sites that were only at the German producer presentation (I know you need to google translate). We were told we can say anything that was shown there.

- SimForum: http://www.simforum.de/showpost.php?p=4493428
- SimGlobe: http://simglobe.de/2013/08/11/simglobe-gamescom-2013/ (don't think there's a post yet)

There were others and I'll have links in my blog once I write my article. There was also some sites from other countries (France ? Italy ?)
Alchemist
#17 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 10:58 PM
Would be very interested what upset you about the presentation, Crin, since you seem to have such an admirably low boiling point.
Inventor
#18 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 11:12 PM
It upset me that the people in the German presentation got to talk about stuff that we Campers thought was under Embargo and that it was so utterly unclear to me is under embargo and what not.

They did not have to sign anything.

And in RL, my boiling point is the opposite than what it is on the net (just ask my hubby)
Alchemist
#19 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 11:23 PM
Surprising they didn't have to sign anything. I thought for sure they would.
(And husbands' opionions are always unique, so they don't count.)
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#20 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 11:25 PM
Oh there is always some confusion and discrepancy in these embargos. I think it depends which EA employee talks to whom last. Anyway all the facts will come out in due course, regardless of who actually posts them first. What is less easy to obtain is a frank appraisal of the features revealed. I hope at least some of you will feel able to give us that - although of course it risks not getting a repeat invitation.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Alchemist
#21 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 11:31 PM
Ah, Inge. That was done with such subtleness.
Inventor
#22 Old 26th Aug 2013 at 8:16 AM
You're getting my honest opinion of what I SAW but remember that we saw the things that worked well, we saw bits and pieces what they plan to do. If it's going to be in the final game is a whole other topic. We did not get to play the game. Only CAS so they made our mouth water with presentations, but will the final game live up to that ? Well, the final game will tell.

I really liked what I saw but will you guys like the final game because of what they showed us at the camp ? Can't tell you that. If you don't like the graphics, you probably won't.

And I'm pretty sure that they know that they won't get all praise from me when they invited me otherwise it would make me wonder.