Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 3:35 PM
Default Explosion in rodent cage?
Hello all,

Having just installed a few small pets in the house I was playing, I just happened to glance at the rat cage at the moment there was a small explosion in the cage. There appears to be no damage to the pet or its cage.

Has anyone else seen this and might you explain the phenomenon to me or is this just a one-off?

. . . because sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hang onto.
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 3:58 PM
Rodents are having interesting life during nights, when other sims sleep. Explosion is one of their night activities.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 6:00 PM
I clicked "agree" because I see this as a feature rather than a bug.

But seriously, please describe what you mean by "explosion." Loud bang? Fire? Flash of light? Asking for a friend of course.
Test Subject
#4 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 8:37 PM
LGR shows some of the activities they can do, the explosion is shown there:

https://youtu.be/z6kYZJKnmVU?t=5m11s

I put it a bit before the actual effect in order not to cut a sentence or something.

Just read my posts with the frenchiest accent you could possibly imagine.
Scholar
#5 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 9:32 PM
Nuclear blast detected! This might seem silly to some, so you can prevent it from happening by buying dumbing down treats for your rodents on the computer.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 2:38 AM
>earth-shattering kaboom

NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN' ABOUT

And just when I'd decided not to buy that pack. :D
Mad Poster
#7 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 9:54 AM
The team felt it befitting to give rodents secret lives, so expect them to fly off in a rocket ship soon and send your Sims post cards.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 11:52 AM
They hold raves, too, but the explosion is a pretty good ka-boom - even if you're not watching the cage, you hear that one.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 4:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ryuusei86
I clicked "agree" because I see this as a feature rather than a bug.

But seriously, please describe what you mean by "explosion." Loud bang? Fire? Flash of light? Asking for a friend of course.

It looked like the little mfer spontaneously combusted. I've often been heard muttering "burst into flames" though I've never actually seen it happen.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 4:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by spidergirl79
Nuclear blast detected! This might seem silly to some, so you can prevent it from happening by buying dumbing down treats for your rodents on the computer.

Shortly after the explosion I began to think about those treats. We don't want that little pyro getting too much smarter.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 4:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MissLogicielle
LGR shows some of the activities they can do, the explosion is shown there:

https://youtu.be/z6kYZJKnmVU?t=5m11s

I put it a bit before the actual effect in order not to cut a sentence or something.

I am dead. Absolutely dead. That commentary though . . . .

Theorist
#12 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 7:43 PM Last edited by ShigemiNotoge : 5th Apr 2018 at 1:30 AM. Reason: poor wording lead to misundertanding
Quote: Originally posted by spidergirl79

what do you mean might and some?

It should seem silly to everyone

Great if you're a twelve year old who likes silly things, but really ruins the experience for a lot of adults who like to play with a more serious tone.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 11:43 PM
@ShigemiNotoge you just contradicted yourself that not everyone finds it over goofy. Just let it be...
Theorist
#14 Old 5th Apr 2018 at 1:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
@ShigemiNotoge you just contradicted yourself that not everyone finds it over goofy. Just let it be...

I said everyone should find it silly, but that some people like silly things. There was no contradiction.

I have amended the sentence so there is less confusion
Forum Resident
#15 Old 5th Apr 2018 at 3:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
what do you mean might and some?

It should seem silly to everyone

Great if you're a twelve year old who likes silly things, but really ruins the experience for a lot of adults who like to play with a more serious tone.

That's a pretty big assumption. I haven't bought the pack because I don't like the concept of a DLC for a DLC, but I actually really wanted that rodent. My hamster was a kamikaze fighter and I remember that one time he craxled up a curtain and jumped off of it as if he had a parachute and landed on the couch exactly in front of me with his smug I-deserve-a-treat-face. I guess, if I had given him some explosives and a rocket, he would have send me a postcard from Mars, too.A little sillyness here and there is funny sometimes for me personally.
Edit: And I remember, Joker loved to put shoelaces in his cheek pouch and than drag the whole shoe to his cage. That hamster was glorious...
Instructor
#16 Old 5th Apr 2018 at 4:16 AM
I'm sorry, but that title made me laugh so hard. Only in the Sims.
Theorist
#17 Old 5th Apr 2018 at 11:13 AM
Since when am I suddenly in the minority for thinking the My First Pet stuff pack is silly?

Man the brainwashing goes deep... Did they suddenly offer it for free or something?
Field Researcher
#18 Old 5th Apr 2018 at 4:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
Since when am I suddenly in the minority for thinking the My First Pet stuff pack is silly?

Man the brainwashing goes deep... Did they suddenly offer it for free or something?

I am with you a silly stupid SP. I have no desire to even spend 1$ on it.