Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Apr 2018 at 7:16 PM
Default Merging Objects/Sets/Build with simpe Sims 2
so i add Files and packages to SimPE package editor to merge in game so i load the packages in SimPe. then save them all together in one file so i then load the game and search for the file and it doesnt load all the mesh in the game. Does anyone know what i am doing wrong or help me with it as i getting stuck and frustrated with it
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 27th Apr 2018 at 7:27 PM
You might be interested in reading about this here :
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...ghlight=merging

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#3 Old 27th Apr 2018 at 8:37 PM
I don't believe meshes can be bundled, at the very least object meshes can't. Not without merging resources as well. Objects require the mesh they used to be listed in 3d model text list, and you can only have one text list of the same instance number in the same package, and all 3d model lists have to have that specific instance number. Don't remember if that's the case for bodyshop meshes too, but there's a bunch of stuff that there can only be one of in a package and it wouldn't surprise me if bodyshop meshes have some things like that too.

Have you read somewhere that meshes can be bundled, or have you seen people do it and succeed?

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Alchemist
#4 Old 27th Apr 2018 at 10:47 PM
from my understanding, different groups in one file would not conflict with each other.
multiple files with same group combined into one file; I take there would be limits.
just a girl
#5 Old 28th Apr 2018 at 10:57 PM
Merging objects with custom group numbers, whether meshes are included or not, is a PITA. Sometimes it can be done, but not for all types of objects. (We can merge separate recolors, though.)

The most obvious pain would be to fix resources that have the same instances. Some of them you can merge by placing things on different lines and edit the references to those lines from other resources (like merge model names and edit graphic index in respective OBJD). But should you run into two BCONs #1000 or something like that - you more or less screwed.
There are also more subtle things. Example: BHAVs can be called by name, and if one of the objects is not supposed to have a BHAV with particular name or a few of the merged objects are supposed to have different responses to its call, you'd have to edit the BHAV to differentiate all the objects in the package (test which object is being invoked).

Combining is best done when you create your own objects and write resources keeping in mind that all objects in your package will share them. Even then it's easy to overlook stuff.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 2:46 AM
Some things work, some things don't.

I've never tried to bundle meshes, even with their own recolours, because there's always a possibility that I'll want to edit the description, or change the price so I can move it around in the catalogue. If it's not bundled with a bunch of other things, that's easier to do.

So I'm basically bundling recolours. Hair and clothes work fine. Most build and buy objects do too, though they're more fiddly. I often find that I have to add them to my package file one by one, or some of the resources get combined. You also have to go to the MMAT once you've added everything to your bundle and update the instance numbers to be unique.

The build and buy objects that don't seem to bundle are the ones that are more clone than recolour. Things like fences or modular stairs, or seasons-enabled plants. Hood deco as well. I just let those stay as they are, and tell myself that I've already massively reduced my file count by bundling those 100-odd bedding recolours, so I can live with some stuff staying as individual files.