Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Apr 2018 at 5:59 PM
Fixed Pleasantview with townies but without EP bin families?
Hello. I need help with something and I tried to google it multiple times but I just can't find it.

I want to download Pleasantview without the extra bin families. (The ones that came with EP) I want to have the Burbs and the Oldies. I have downloaded and playtested meetme2therivers (https://meetme2theriver.livejournal.com/63030.html) Pleasantview(s) but It have crashed multiple times when I load a lot or switch to neighborhood view. It would also be nice if the hood is fixed and have townies in it. (I am lazy, I don't have the patience to make them myself) I have found MATYs "Clean and Fixed Pleasantview" but the links dosen't work; http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...hp?topic=4306.0

Can anyone help me? I would appreciate it a lot! Thanks!
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 28th Apr 2018 at 7:22 PM
The "extra" families you're talkin about are the so called seath hoods: no matter which hood you'll play, if you don't replace them, you'll have those families in the bin when you first starting the game.
To avoid it you will have to replace them as well. Note that you won't have non-playable sims either, like the social group in AL or the Garden Club in Seasons, but he game will recreate them when needed (for example, the Garden Club member will be generate once you call them on the phone).
Regarding your crash issue I'm not sure, I've been using meetme2therivers for a while and never had a problem.
You might want to try with other fixed versions, like dread pirate ones.
Just remember to delete or move the folder that is currently called N001 before installing the new one (and be sure to completely remove everything related to it in neighborhood folder - don't replace the file) and delete neighborhood manager as well.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 28th Apr 2018 at 8:23 PM
This should get rid of them.
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=520751

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Instructor
#4 Old 28th Apr 2018 at 9:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
This should get rid of them.
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=520751

Thanks for posting the link, Rosebine! I've added originally but then I lost it
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Apr 2018 at 10:14 PM
Tried Dread Pirate now. Did the same process like meetme2theriver. Deleted original N001 from the Neighborhood folder. It keeps crashing to desktop when I load a lot, even though I place the N001 file(s) in Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods folder AND/OR Program files(x86)/Origin Games/TS2UC/Double Deluxe/Base/TSData\Res\UserData\Neighborhoods. There are two versions of Dread Pirates Pleasantview, I have downloaded and used the one that is not "alternative".

I have a backup of my own. I don't understand why it crashes. Is it safe to delete "NeighborhoodManager.package"? What happens if I do?

I have used my own Pleasantview hood and played with it a lot earlier.

I wonder if it is possible to make my own new Pleasantview hood without the bin families, but I do not have the original N001. (From the start of the story) Is it possible to download it somewhere or something?

Thanks for replying.
Instructor
#6 Old 28th Apr 2018 at 11:09 PM
Well, stupid question: have you tried starting the hood without the download folder? If the game crashes when you enter a random lot it might be a bad/incompatible piece of CC.
Neighborhood manager is a file that contains data related to the neighborhoods, but the game recreates it automatically if deleted (don't worry about it); it's a good thing delete it when you add/change/replace a neighborhood.
I don't think it's possible to download the original hoods online, but I'm quite sure that if you repair the installation through Origin most of the original files will be restored (this means even config files/graphic settings you might have applied, which can be annoying).
In my opinion there's something going on with your settings/files, sounds weird to me that both template crash...
Have you tried to enter a random lot in another neihborhood? Have you tried to see what happens if you *temporarily* move the whole "The Sims 2" folder from documents to the desktop?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 28th Apr 2018 at 11:09 PM
Yes, you can delete the neighbourhood manager, what it does is remake itself.

Use Jawusa's empty stealth hoods, Rosebine linked to it above.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 1:44 AM
I think the crashing causes an update of Windows 10. It crashes in multiple hoods I have when I load random lots. I am very careful with cc i download. I am using The Jessa Channels video on youtube to try to fix the crashing problem.

I think the hood will work when i solve this random crashing issue. I just haven't played in a while and the game worked well before I had updated my computer. I haven't downloaded anything new cc in a while.

Thanks for the help!

Anyways, if anyone have a working download link to the MATYs version of "Clean and Fixed Pleasantview" I would check it out too!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 2:31 AM
Those are outdated and not as clean as the newer versions.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#10 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 8:04 AM
I agree with Jo, and also you won't probabily be able to play anyway!
Now that you mentioned it, there's a recent update for the UC that helps with some issue on Windows 10:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=611178
You might want to check this as well (it's from JessaChannell, here're few useful links):
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=610641