Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Mar 2013 at 3:36 PM
Default Object texture looks blurry while in normal live/buy mode, high definition in CAST
Hello everyone. I need an advice what to do with object creation that had been made and tried to be tested in-game live/buy mode. The problem is, the object texture looked blurry when in live/buy mode normal gameplay, but when the object was in CAST mode (select the color & pattern) immediately the object became more normal-looking, high definition in term of overlay texture.
Object texture looks blurry while in normal live/buy mode, high definition in CAST.

I used TSR Workshop to create the object, I had set all: high/low poly mesh, shadows, texture, choice of patterns, properly. I tried many times; begin from the start, repeat all the set: high/low poly mesh, shadows, texture (overlay, mask, multiplier), choice of patterns, test in-game.. the object still looks blurry while in normal gameplay , but not in CAST mode. All object (EA's, other CC made by other users) look normal whether in live/buy mode and CAST mode, except only my object it still looks blurry.

Did I do something wrong? Is there any step in TSR Workshop I should have done or else the object in creation would not showing correctly?

I need (hopefully) quick answer because I want to upload the object for Multicultural Theme before the deadline date coming this end of March (31st). Any advice I will say thank you for everyone.

I moved my downloads to Simblr thebleedingwoodland
My newer quality downloads on my blog The Bleeding Woodland
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#2 Old 28th Mar 2013 at 5:11 PM
Stick to the original size and DDS format of the cloned object.
Also texture as png or bmp, when satisfied you compress the texture.(do not re/edit dds files)
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 3rd Apr 2013 at 9:55 PM
I was just going to post about this exact problem! I've been using the Texture Tweaker to replace an image for a rug. I exported the dds and replaced the image with the one I wanted to use. It was a png. Then I saved it as a dds and imported it to the rug. The original rug looks fine but my edited one is blurry in live mode. Then it looks hi-def in CAST. I've used the Texture Tweaker many times without problem but occasionally this happens with some of my projects. I have no idea why.

If I understand your advice Bloom, I think I followed what you said and I still get the same result. Is there another approach to this I should consider?
Forum Resident
#4 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 9:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shanna86
I was just going to post about this exact problem! I've been using the Texture Tweaker to replace an image for a rug. I exported the dds and replaced the image with the one I wanted to use. It was a png. Then I saved it as a dds and imported it to the rug. The original rug looks fine but my edited one is blurry in live mode. Then it looks hi-def in CAST. I've used the Texture Tweaker many times without problem but occasionally this happens with some of my projects. I have no idea why.

If I understand your advice Bloom, I think I followed what you said and I still get the same result. Is there another approach to this I should consider?

BUMP. I know this might be a little old.. but i have something similar. The thing is that in my cas it is blurry in CAST, when you click ok and go to live mode is perfect. The object is a 3x2 painting from latenight that i cloned with S3OC and used texturetweaker for the variations. Then edited in workshop.. this is the third time i do things like this and it's the first... :/