Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jun 2013 at 11:36 PM
Default Island Paradise not loading with mods
Hi, I hope someone can help me out somehow. I've just installed Island Paradise ancd launching the game with the mods it tells me there could be some modification that could prevent the game from running or could crash it and then quit or continue if I click continue the game simply doesn't load. Launching the game without any mod it loads perfectly.

Is there a way or a tolls that can tell me exactly which mod causes the problem?

Thanks to anyone that can help me
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 28th Jun 2013 at 11:49 PM
Do you keep all of your mods in one place in the package folder? If so remove all of them, insert one by one, restarting the game each time. Yes this is a pain but could find your problem. Make sure you update each mod you have. You might also want to check sliders and xml tuning mods as well. A slider was my issue.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 28th Jun 2013 at 11:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rachaelstar713
Do you keep all of your mods in one place in the package folder? If so remove all of them, insert one by one, restarting the game each time. Yes this is a pain but could find your problem. Make sure you update each mod you have. You might always want to check sliders and xml tuning mods as well. A slider was my issue.

What slider was that?
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 28th Jun 2013 at 11:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MinghamSmith
What slider was that?

(http://sclub.mktm.co.uk/en/2012/09/ts3-slider-hack/) The name of the package file is s-club [ts3-mod] Slider Hack [v1.50.56] 5x
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 29th Jun 2013 at 12:01 AM
Oh, you mean the slider hack? You had me worried there for a second, I thought you meant one of the sliders themselves was broken. I've never used that- I just set Master Controller to do the same thing. Thanks for letting us know that mod is incompatible and needs updating, though.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th Jun 2013 at 12:10 AM
I have all the mods in the package folder yes, but unfortunately the mod causing the problem is a package with tons of mods I repackaged together, my mistake, everything was fine up to Island Paradise but now something in it is causing the problem.

There are also hair and clothing in it but I don't think they could be the problem.

If there is any tool or game log that can tell me where the problem is I think the only solution is to redownload all the sliders and erase from my package all the files of each slider
Scholar
#7 Old 29th Jun 2013 at 12:22 AM
It's a bloody task, which we have to go trough everytime they patch the game. And, you would think this would be bloody but useful - but most of the times the patchers break more things than it fixes. Oh well~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 29th Jun 2013 at 12:32 AM
I found the problem. I've been lucky at the first try. XCAS core mods needed to be updated to the 1.55 version
Eminence Grise
#9 Old 30th Jun 2013 at 3:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by andyjessy
I found the problem. I've been lucky at the first try. XCAS core mods needed to be updated to the 1.55 version

Virtually every core mod (and most script mods and some XML mods) need to be updated for a new game version. That's patches as well as EPs.

Lesson learned, I guess
Test Subject
#10 Old 1st Jul 2013 at 10:29 PM
For me it was the addLotSize Mod/cheat just update it to the latest version and it should work if you have it.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 1st Jul 2013 at 10:44 PM
But overall, CC other than core/tuning mods still works fine? I heard rumors that the patch pretty much broke most CC and wanted to make sure before I install it.
Eminence Grise
#12 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 2:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DClick
But overall, CC other than core/tuning mods still works fine? I heard rumors that the patch pretty much broke most CC and wanted to make sure before I install it.

Core, tuning and script mods. And scripts can be included in object mods (anything that has new or altered sim interactions for instance). The types of mods that most likely DON'T need to be updated are CAS stuff; anything else is worth checking, though if it's just something like a table or a painting that doesn't do anything special it's probably ok. That's no different from any other patch/EP.

IP (and its patch) didn't break any more CC than any other EP, and less than some (*looks meaningfully at Pets*). It DID however apparently break some of EA's game code, hence lots of issues that have nothing to do with mods. Course that's not unusual either :/
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 2:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
Core, tuning and script mods. And scripts can be included in object mods (anything that has new or altered sim interactions for instance). The types of mods that most likely DON'T need to be updated are CAS stuff; anything else is worth checking, though if it's just something like a table or a painting that doesn't do anything special it's probably ok. That's no different from any other patch/EP.

IP (and its patch) didn't break any more CC than any other EP, and less than some (*looks meaningfully at Pets*). It DID however apparently break some of EA's game code, hence lots of issues that have nothing to do with mods. Course that's not unusual either :/

hm... Do you think that the resorts freezing the clock permanent had something to do with an introduced issue in IP or something like that... because I was playing the sims just fine without IP and then boom! The game turns into a total screw up when i get into a resort...

Kinda shame because I do act like I own the place because I do own the place lol!

Little Kitty!
Test Subject
#14 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 3:31 AM
I have the same problem...
Eminence Grise
#15 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 3:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pelagato
hm... Do you think that the resorts freezing the clock permanent had something to do with an introduced issue in IP or something like that... because I was playing the sims just fine without IP and then boom! The game turns into a total screw up when i get into a resort...

Well, since resorts are new in IP, I'd say that relates to an introduced issue with IP, yes

As for getting your problem resolved, I see you've posted in another thread more relevant to the topic, so let's keep the discussion there!
Test Subject
#16 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 9:56 AM
Isla Paradiso does also have serious routing issues, worst than bridgeport apparently(though I have never had game freezes in Bridgeport).
Instructor
#17 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 10:37 AM
Yeah, Isla Paradiso froze my game, although that might also have been the resort bug with self-employed sims.

I hate the fact that EA uses it's playerbase as unpaid beta testers.
Test Subject
#18 Old 21st Sep 2013 at 7:24 PM
I have played Sims 3 with most EP's and CC for years and this is the first time I can't fix my game. I started having trouble with mods on patch 1.55. Then I bought IP and still couldn't get any mods to load. Now I have uninstalled and reinstalled and followed the guides step by step, ending up with patch 1.54, and I cannot get any mods to work. I have the framework file set up properly and have DEP and Cleared caches and the mods will either not show up or totally crash the game. I am trying one mod at a time. As soon as I take mods out, the game loads fine. Please help ! !
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#19 Old 21st Sep 2013 at 8:08 PM
You do realise a lot of mods get updated each time there is a patch/ep don't you? It's best to remove all your mods, finish installing the game and patch 1.57. Then look at the removed mods folder and go and find out for each one whether there is an updated version you need.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
#20 Old 22nd Sep 2013 at 12:09 AM
Thank you for your response. Yes, I do realize the mods need to be up-to-date. I was trying to have a skill mod (either study-skills-online OR complete skill book mods), both said they were up to date and neither worked. the reason I did the un-reinstall was to avoid this patch 1.57 because it crashes my game even if its vanilla, no mods. I just can't seem to get it running. Its crashes once the game is 99% loaded. Just have to restart or sometimes get an error message launcher has to close. I have even tried bypassing launcher. Thanks Again
Forum Resident
#21 Old 22nd Sep 2013 at 7:49 AM
I have patched to 1.57 and have had no problems at all. I even use the launcher. I have mods too but I always check for updates before I patch. I didn't even have to remove the mods before I patched. I wish I could suggest something to help you other then what has been suggested already.