Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jul 2014 at 12:23 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Neighborhoods clickable box like the others?
I have downloaded neighborhoods in the past,, but I was only able to see one, and I dont know how that was. Every other neighborhood I had to go and create it custom because it didnt show up like the others. Can someone tell me why, or what I'm doing wrong?

What is a beginner to do? My Website My TOT My Forum My website
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 1st Jul 2014 at 3:13 AM
No; because we don't know what you're doing.

What neighborhoods did you try with? Where did you get them? Which neighborhoods could you not see? Which one could you? Where did you put them? What're the folders named? Were any of them contained in multiple folders? Did you click all the way to the end of the menu? Are you sure?

Give us some details and maybe we can make helpful suggestions.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Jul 2014 at 5:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
No; because we don't know what you're doing.

What neighborhoods did you try with? Where did you get them? Which neighborhoods could you not see? Which one could you? Where did you put them? What're the folders named? Were any of them contained in multiple folders? Did you click all the way to the end of the menu? Are you sure?

Give us some details and maybe we can make helpful suggestions.

i remember downloading Portland from here, and I could see it as a neighborhood. But when I downloaded Pirri Pirri Beach, I couldnt see it. I know u are supposed to download all the files, but I try too do it, but I guess I fail to put them in the right spot or something. So I wanna know how are u supposed to download neighborhoods?

What is a beginner to do? My Website My TOT My Forum My website
Mad Poster
#4 Old 1st Jul 2014 at 6:44 PM
Download, unzip, and place in the MyDocuments/EAGames/Sims2/Neighborhoods folder. If you don't unzip it, or don't place it in the Neighborhoods folder it won't appear. Some neighborhoods are large enough that they have to be placed in two or more zips, so make sure you follow the directions for unzipping and placing them correctly. If the creator is still around, don't be afraid to contact them to ask for clarification if the directions confuse you.

The neighborhoods load in alphanumeric order, which is why Belladonna Cove (E001) comes first and Veronaville (N003) last when you have all EPs loaded and no custom hoods, and your first custom hood (automatically named N004 by the game) will come after Veronaville. So make note of the name of the folder you place in the Neighborhoods folder. Most creators name their shared neighborhoods N###, where ### is some absurdly high number that won't conflict with anybody's custom neighborhoods (Riverside is N107), but I named Widespot PGWS so it would be distinguishable at a glance and there was absolutely no chance of a conflict with anybody else's hoods, and someone else might name theirs E### in order to make it appear earlier in the array. Taking note of where the neighborhood falls in alphanumeric order will tell you where to look for it. PirriPirri Beach is N073, so it should appear after Veronaville and any custom hoods you have.

If you unzipped it properly, placed it in the correct folder, and clicked through looked at all the screens, and the neighborhood doesn't appear, something is wrong with that copy of the neighborhood. I'd go back to the site and double check that I'd gotten all the files. Looking at PirriPirri Beach, I see that it is contained in five zip files, all of which would have to be downloaded and unzipped properly in order for the neighborhood to work. If it were me making a mistake, that's where I would make it - I would either miss a file, or do something wrong in unzipping them because I got confused.

Looking at the description, I see that the files weren't set up to automatically unzip in order (as Mark did with Riverside), but that the creator gave an eight-step procedure for unzipping and placing the component files in a certain order. That'd be easy to screw up, and I suspect is where the problem arose, just because it's so easy to get lost in a multi-step process. I'm copying and pasting the instructions below:

1. Download the files Pirripirri CC.rar and Pirripirri Community CC.rar
2. Extract them to My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Downloads
3. Download the file N073.rar
4. Extract it to My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Neighborhoods
5. Download N073 lots 2.rar
6. Extract and move the contents of the folder (N073 lots 2) to My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Neighborhoods/N073/Lots
7. Download N073 lots 3.rar
8. Extract and move the contents of the folder (N073 lots 3) to My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Neighborhoods/N073/Lots

This is presumably the procedure that the creator used and tested and so is known to work, so following it carefully even if it doesn't look like it should matter which Lots file is added first would seem to be indicated.

If you know you have all the files in the correct place, perhaps your computer hiccuped while downloading them, so trying again would seem to be the next step.

After that, I don't know. But perhaps someone else will. Good luck.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)