Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Gender Preference Set

by azoresman Posted 30th Apr 2016 at 7:09 PM - Updated 3rd Jan 2021 at 3:27 PM by azoresman : Compatible with 1.69.59

237 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 184 Feedback Posts, 52 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 10
Test Subject
#126 Old 2nd Mar 2017 at 11:25 PM
Default French translation
A big thank you for this mod !

I translated it in french (I know it's easy to understand, but I like everything in my game to be in the same language).
I attached the file in this post, maybe you can include it so that french users can get it too?

Also you talked in an earlier post about making this mod a cheat that only shows if you press Shift. I would be interested in this possibility, is it difficult to do? I didn't find what you need to change in order to achieve that. If it's complicated don't bother as I can simply take the mod out from my mod folder when I don't need it.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  French String Table for Gender Preference Set Mode.zip (500 Bytes, 26 downloads)
Test Subject
#127 Old 7th Mar 2017 at 1:16 PM
This is the italian translation, the correct file.

I apologize for my mistake.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  gender preference italian translation.zip (470 Bytes, 13 downloads)
Test Subject
#128 Old 18th Mar 2017 at 9:22 AM
Does this mod lets us control the gender preference of the entire population, i.e., npcs & unplayed sims/households in addition to active sims/household?
Instructor
Original Poster
#129 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 9:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dsanyal1234
Does this mod lets us control the gender preference of the entire population, i.e., npcs & unplayed sims/households in addition to active sims/household?

Yes you can click any sim anytime and define their preference.
Instructor
Original Poster
#130 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 9:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nioc28
A big thank you for this mod !

I translated it in french (I know it's easy to understand, but I like everything in my game to be in the same language).
I attached the file in this post, maybe you can include it so that french users can get it too?

Also you talked in an earlier post about making this mod a cheat that only shows if you press Shift. I would be interested in this possibility, is it difficult to do? I didn't find what you need to change in order to achieve that. If it's complicated don't bother as I can simply take the mod out from my mod folder when I don't need it.

Thanks for the translation
Instructor
Original Poster
#131 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 9:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Eámanë
This is the italian translation, the correct file.

I apologize for my mistake.

Thanks for the translation, will be added soon along with the cheat option so it doesn't always show in the pie menu and the toddlers/vampires .
Test Subject
#132 Old 18th May 2017 at 9:20 PM
Is this 100% functional with patch 1.29?
Instructor
Original Poster
#133 Old 29th May 2017 at 2:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Draconicrose
Is this 100% functional with patch 1.29?

Yes it is, and with 1.30 is also working fine.
Mad Poster
#134 Old 3rd Jul 2017 at 1:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by azoresman
Yes it is, and with 1.30 is also working fine.

Also works fine with 1.31.
Banned
#135 Old 15th Jul 2017 at 9:03 AM
this mod isn't working for me. there is no "gender preferences" in the pie menu
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#136 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 1:36 PM
I defined male on my sims but it can still dredge other girls, is it normal?
Instructor
Original Poster
#137 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 1:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NeganTheSavior
I defined male on my sims but it can still dredge other girls, is it normal?

Do you have any mod that changes romantic interaction?
Not normal if you don't.
Instructor
Original Poster
#138 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 1:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Reitanna
this mod isn't working for me. there is no "gender preferences" in the pie menu

Do you have mods enabled in the game option?
Did you Unpacked the .RAR file and ended up with ONE .Package and ONE .ts4script file in your mods folder no more than ONE subfolder under the main one?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#139 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 4:33 PM
you did a great job!!

but if im play another family

the original family' s Gender will visible ?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#140 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 2:07 PM
Thanks
Instructor
Original Poster
#141 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 12:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by milk19940309
you did a great job!!

but if im play another family

the original family' s Gender will visible ?

It will not change unless you change it later
Test Subject
#142 Old 21st Sep 2017 at 9:58 AM
Awesome! No clashes with other mods (including wicked whims) either.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#143 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 7:30 PM
Thank you so much! This was really needed!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#144 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 9:05 AM
This mod is great! I'm gay & as such generally play gay sims. This makes it so much more fun, Thank you so much!
Instructor
Original Poster
#145 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 8:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by phildog
This mod is great! I'm gay & as such generally play gay sims. This makes it so much more fun, Thank you so much!

I'm glad you are
It serves a good purpose

And taking the chance to tell everyone, that despite the multi patch/updates new packs etc, and as I expected, the mod runs as intended like on the first time .
As soon as I have cats and dogs It will finally be updated to support pets as well.....
Instructor
Original Poster
#146 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 5:51 PM
Just to let you Know that this one wasn't broken by the latest updates and it's good for pets as well.
Lab Assistant
#147 Old 28th Nov 2017 at 11:29 PM Last edited by Athena Apollos : 28th Nov 2017 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Typo
I just got a LastException that mentions this mod. Here is the link on Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/fE2fS8id
Instructor
Original Poster
#148 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 8:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Athena Apollos
I just got a LastException that mentions this mod. Here is the link on Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/fE2fS8id

Hi @Athena Apollos !
Thanks for reporting and for the the last exception file.
As far as I can see, there was a problem in the interaction cue triggered by an animation state machine "ASM" , that caused the interactions to build in excess of the regular maximum of 6 interactions cue.
I bet WW was in use at the time.
My mod has nothing related to animations, and MCcommandcenter was also in the file that could mean maybe you have to set the same fashion settings in both Mc and WW.
My mod was just caught in the middle of a fight between the two.
I know WW and MC still have bugs, I use them both here and use mine as well and have not seen exceptions like yours.
I don't use Height sliders which could lead to errors during animations like the file mentions.
File "/Users/amydemarco/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Mods/Tuning Mods/ - this is where my mod is located in your folders.
Make sure you don't have any ts4script mods like mine more than a subfolder under the main Mods folder - Both files (*.package and *.ts4script) must be on the same folder.
If the errors persist, please let me know so we can try to track down what the problem is.
Best regards,
Lab Assistant
#149 Old 11th Dec 2017 at 2:18 PM
https://pastebin.com/qqv1p387 The people over at MCs discord keep saying your mod is broken
Instructor
Original Poster
#150 Old 11th Dec 2017 at 10:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HumALittle
https://pastebin.com/qqv1p387 The people over at MCs discord keep saying your mod is broken

Try removing Lagfix mod, and see what happens
Mod isn't broken, otherwise, I'd have the same exception.
Of all the mods mentioned in the file, the only one I DON't have is Simulationlagfix !!!
I'll pop on Discord and try to see what's happening.
Report if you can, after removing simulationlagfix please.
Thanks for reporting
Page 6 of 10