Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Enhanced Witches (Update 16/11/23)

by PuddingFace Posted 3rd Mar 2018 at 9:52 AM - Updated 11th Jan 2024 at 10:32 PM by PuddingFace : Update

416 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 338 Feedback Posts, 77 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 17
Forum Resident
#26 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 11:47 PM
I like this, but... I have a lot of these ITUN and XML files tuned to my own personal play style. (Mosly to keep all spells non-autonomous, but there are a few other tweaks.)

Is it possible for a user to tune yours as well? Or is yours a pure scripting mod that we wouldn't be able to tune?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#27 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 1:51 AM
I have been following your progress and hoped and prayed that it could be done, and at last the miracle has happend :D Have had it in my game and the twin children who are witches from birth got home from school and had their first magic lessen. conjure an apple and convert it to something else. I loooovvvvveeee it !!!! Thank you so very much, i can finally play Harry Potter ;)
Test Subject
#28 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 2:49 AM
Thanks, I've always wanted my sim children to use magic and now they can! next up allowing children to use the training dummy and board breaker!
Scholar
Original Poster
#29 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 3:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chokolady
I'm kinda confussed about this part:
"2)Also keep in mind that a lot of the EA spells are disabled by the ITUN files mentioned above and then new spells are added using a script mod so any tuning mod that tunes the EA spells even if they don't conflict will be rendered useless since the EA spells are disabled. In the near future I'll make some xml files for my own spells with different flavors, I had a problem making them right now but they'll be there in the future."
Does that mean that the tuning I made with nraas retuner to adult spells wont work anymore with this mod installed?

Depends on the spell. If it's an object spell like magical upgrade or conversion ritual then it'll still work. If it's a terrain spell like cast fire blast on ground, that would work. But if it's a sim to sim spell like sunlight charm then it won't work.
Inventor
#30 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 8:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by skydome
Depends on the spell. If it's an object spell like magical upgrade or conversion ritual then it'll still work. If it's a terrain spell like cast fire blast on ground, that would work. But if it's a sim to sim spell like sunlight charm then it won't work.

I have some spells disabled in retuner for autonomous, like pestilence and toadify. Is it possible to tweak those spells for no autonomous for all ages in this mod? My witches misbehave a lot on their own without retuner.
Scholar
Original Poster
#31 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 10:29 AM
I have some spells disabled in retuner for autonomous, like pestilence and toadify. Is it possible to tweak those spells for no autonomous for all ages in this mod? My witches misbehave a lot on their own without retuner.

I'm not sure if Returner can do it or not, I'll have to ask the people at nraas if Returner can tune custom interactions. Otherwise I'll upload another flavor for the mod where these spells are not autonomous. Check back in like a week.
Inventor
#32 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 11:30 AM
I'm not sure if Returner can do it or not, I'll have to ask the people at nraas if Returner can tune custom interactions. Otherwise I'll upload another flavor for the mod where these spells are not autonomous. Check back in like a week.

Thank you very much for replying! If its not possible with retuner and you can find the time to upload an alternative flavor, could you please include the following spells to be non autonomous?
Curses: toadification, pestilence, hygiene curse, hunger curse, bladder curse, haunting curse.
Spells: Ice blast and fire blast also non autonomous.
Your mod is amazing and if it was tweaked to include those interactions being non autonomous, that would be dream come true!
Scholar
Original Poster
#33 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 11:33 AM
Thank you very much for replying! If its not possible with retuner and you can find the time to upload an alternative flavor, could you please include the following spells to be non autonomous?
Curses: toadification, pestilence, hygiene curse, hunger curse, bladder curse, haunting curse.
Your mod is amazing and if it was tweaked to include those interactions being non autonomous, that would be dream come true!

OK I'll make that flavor
Scholar
Original Poster
#34 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 11:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Amber Lokisdotter
I like this, but... I have a lot of these ITUN and XML files tuned to my own personal play style. (Mosly to keep all spells non-autonomous, but there are a few other tweaks.)

Is it possible for a user to tune yours as well? Or is yours a pure scripting mod that we wouldn't be able to tune?

If you have S3PE you can tune those. I have created tuning files for my interactions
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 11:55 AM
Originally Posted by chokolady

OK I'll make that flavor

That flavor sounds great for my game as well, may I please suggest that love charm stays non autonomous in that version too! :P
Scholar
Original Poster
#36 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 12:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simrune
Originally Posted by chokolady

That flavor sounds great for my game as well, may I please suggest that love charm stays non autonomous in that version too! :P

Yes love charm will not be autonomous in that flavor
Site Helper
THANKS POST
#37 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 3:21 AM
It's been a lot of fun watching you learn how to do this!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#38 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 7:15 AM
Yay! Thank you very much for adding the tuning files! ^_^
Scholar
Original Poster
#39 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 7:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
It's been a lot of fun watching you learn how to do this!

Haha yeah. Very happy to finally get it done.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#40 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 8:13 AM
OMG!!!! Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 12:06 PM
I've been thinking about it too but I think it's a bit above my skill level right now. I was thinking something like Pokemon.

Oh you mean like attacking in terms and having a healthbar? that would be epic! I can see how that would be above any modders skill level tho

I had some other cool suggestions btw:
- witch themed teleport
- making objects act like they're possessed
- making sims ugly (like inner beauty with fairies) or pretty
- stealing other peoples life force (filling their age bar while emptying yours by same amount) or giving them yours
- turning sims into pets or small pets
- making sims delerious (random series of moodlets for few hours)
- repell burglar/repo-man
- change weather
Scholar
Original Poster
#42 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 2:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by still-playing-sims3
Oh you mean like attacking in terms and having a healthbar? that would be epic! I can see how that would be above any modders skill level tho

I had some other cool suggestions btw:
- witch themed teleport
- making objects act like they're possessed
- making sims ugly (like inner beauty with fairies) or pretty
- stealing other peoples life force (filling their age bar while emptying yours by same amount) or giving them yours
- turning sims into pets or small pets
- making sims delerious (random series of moodlets for few hours)
- repell burglar/repo-man
- change weather

Yea like turn based attacking. A Nraas mod like menu will pop up every turn and you select fight or run or use item then if you choose fight choose a spell or use an item like an Alchemy elixir.
A lot of those same ideas I've had for spells. Except the turn into pets is not supported by the game. The console version of Sims 3 had that feature but the PC version doesn't seem to support that. I really wanted to make that too
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#43 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 3:29 PM
Looks great, Skydome! Now witch (or wizard for males) children can fight!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#44 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 5:04 PM
This is so great mod! Thank you! Btw is it possible to add those fairies spells to witches? I'm playing mostly with witches and the only thing that stop me to add a fairy is that pesky wings and flying animations. So that would be cool
Scholar
Original Poster
#45 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 5:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by martlet
This is so great mod! Thank you! Btw is it possible to add those fairies spells to witches? I'm playing mostly with witches and the only thing that stop me to add a fairy is that pesky wings and flying animations. So that would be cool

If you use Nraas hybrid and master controller you can have a witch fairy hybrid. You can also get rid of wings with Tremerion's hidden wings mod. I don't have the link but if you Google you can find it.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#46 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 5:51 PM
I have always thought that witches should be able to cast spells on burglars.
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 7:18 PM
Yea like turn based attacking. A Nraas mod like menu will pop up every turn and you select fight or run or use item then if you choose fight choose a spell or use an item like an Alchemy elixir.
A lot of those same ideas I've had for spells. Except the turn into pets is not supported by the game. The console version of Sims 3 had that feature but the PC version doesn't seem to support that. I really wanted to make that too

Wauw that's a pretty well thought out concept, it would probably leave the loser quite devestated with all those curses

maybe it could work like this: when cast, the sim will disappear (like total annihilation in nraas MC) and a pet will appear with only the same name (and maybe similar traits). that way the sim doesn't literally transform but to the player it looks like it. My modding skills are next to zero tho, so I don't know if that'd be an option.

either way i'm already impressed and exited by this version, gonna try it out tomorrow
Test Subject
#48 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 8:31 PM

The Door of Life and Death (that store item) can reencarnate sims into pets for a small chance.. I think a spell based on these codes can work too, not in living sims but in thombs..
Also, I have some spell ideas too.
- An aging spell, that turn sims into babies or make them old
- Teleportation
- Eletrocutate with lightning (small chance of death)
- Banish sims (like genie's) / Powerful banish : make sim disappear forever
- Rain and Snow spell/ Temperature control spells
- Mummy's curse
- Poison spell
- Iniciation spell (turn sims into witches)
- "Plantification"- turn sims into plants for a short time (plantsim's photosynthesis code)
- "Ghostification" (generation's ghost potion)
- Coma spell - sims fall into a long sleeping curse (using the moodlet that make sims pass out after a mummy's fight, but longer, with 4 weeks of duration or something similar)
- Control spell, like genie's
- Invocation (store spell)
- turn a sim immortal
- Making a sim being hated/liked by everyone
- Friendship spell
-Sex change spell
-Cloning spell
- Summon alien (spell casted on the ground, select one random sim to be abducted)
- Summon servant (create a imaginary friend for the caster)
- Summon familiar - a teleportation spell for the active family's pets / add a random pet for the active's family
- Death curse : randomly kill a sim / Powerful death curse : kill a sim and delete their thombstone. (drain the life of the caster)
- Time spell : make interactions like work, do homework or reading books to be faster
Scholar
Original Poster
#49 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 8:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by still-playing-sims3
Wauw that's a pretty well thought out concept, it would probably leave the loser quite devestated with all those curses

maybe it could work like this: when cast, the sim will disappear (like total annihilation in nraas MC) and a pet will appear with only the same name (and maybe similar traits). that way the sim doesn't literally transform but to the player it looks like it. My modding skills are next to zero tho, so I don't know if that'd be an option.

either way i'm already impressed and exited by this version, gonna try it out tomorrow

Hmm but then the Sim will be permanently gone, I'll have to find a waay to temporarily hide that Sim. Unless you're talking about permanent animal trap. Hope you have fun with the mod
Scholar
Original Poster
#50 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 8:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Thesims3sexy
The Door of Life and Death (that store item) can reencarnate sims into pets for a small chance.. I think a spell based on these codes can work too, not in living sims but in thombs..
Also, I have some spell ideas too.
- An aging spell, that turn sims into babies or make them old
- Teleportation
- Eletrocutate with lightning (small chance of death)
- Banish sims (like genie's) / Powerful banish : make sim disappear forever
- Rain and Snow spell/ Temperature control spells
- Mummy's curse
- Poison spell
- Iniciation spell (turn sims into witches)
- "Plantification"- turn sims into plants for a short time (plantsim's photosynthesis code)
- "Ghostification" (generation's ghost potion)
- Coma spell - sims fall into a long sleeping curse (using the moodlet that make sims pass out after a mummy's fight, but longer, with 4 weeks of duration or something similar)
- Control spell, like genie's
- Invocation (store spell)
- turn a sim immortal
- Making a sim being hated/liked by everyone
- Friendship spell
-Sex change spell
-Cloning spell
- Summon alien (spell casted on the ground, select one random sim to be abducted)
- Summon servant (create a imaginary friend for the caster)
- Summon familiar - a teleportation spell for the active family's pets / add a random pet for the active's family
- Death curse : randomly kill a sim / Powerful death curse : kill a sim and delete their thombstone. (drain the life of the caster)
- Time spell : make interactions like work, do homework or reading books to be faster

A spell like that could work on but you probably won't get the human sim back.
Some of those are doable.
Page 2 of 17