Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Enhanced Witches (Update 16/11/23)

by PuddingFace Posted 3rd Mar 2018 at 9:52 AM - Updated 11th Jan 2024 at 10:32 PM by PuddingFace : Update

416 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 338 Feedback Posts, 77 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 17
Scholar
Original Poster
#76 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 2:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Julichi-chan
Hey, for some reason, my child wizard can't do any spells beside conjure apple, neither can play with magic or choose preffered wand. Help. Q^Q

Have you read the instructions carefully? Reread them and also make sure there aren't any conflicting mods installed or else it won't work. Check the mod conflict section for details. A lot of other witch mods will conflict with this one.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#77 Old 19th Mar 2018 at 9:10 PM
Seriously, thank you for this mod!!
I love that you plan on creating new spells! I've always thought witches on generation 3 were very lacking.
If you accept suggestions, create new spells with those big animations from that ambitions special effect spheres (meteor, electroshock, explosions, etc), or even climate and pets spells if possible. And pleeeease a teleportation Spell with a nice visual effect!!!!!
Loved your work! Congratulations!!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#78 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 4:54 AM
Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#79 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 2:05 AM Last edited by A120 : 26th Mar 2018 at 2:56 AM.
Love the mod, though I think I have some sort of issue post using the mod. At some point it seems like my sims stop gaining magic experince while using magical interactions. I had two prior mods before, but removed them on the off chance there was a conflict, such as some sort of restoration energy fix and a spellcasting dueling mod.

Still the issue persists, the only other thing I use to do was increase some sims magic skill with master controller for reasons, though it seems a couple of sims stop gaining all together. Reason I say this, is I had no issues doing that up until the use of the mod. Right now I'm still trouble shooting things. Hate to remove it as magical kids are pretty cool.

By the way the issue is with a teen sim, she already had a won but I gave her a new one since I had the mod not sure if it's an issue with the wand or not, though any help would be appriecated, seems like now cheating is the only way to progress skills.

Edit: Looks like the issue persists, even after removing the mod. It could be that the skill is so high now that it moves at a snails pace. Most of the magic actions don't seem to move the bar at all even eying it really closely. Sometimes +'s shows up to indicate gain but mostly doesn't seem to do that. All in all conjuring apples seems to be the only thing viable.

If it matters they're preexisting witches atleast 2 of them. As in I made them before the mod.
Scholar
Original Poster
#80 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 1:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by A120
Love the mod, though I think I have some sort of issue post using the mod. At some point it seems like my sims stop gaining magic experince while using magical interactions. I had two prior mods before, but removed them on the off chance there was a conflict, such as some sort of restoration energy fix and a spellcasting dueling mod.

Still the issue persists, the only other thing I use to do was increase some sims magic skill with master controller for reasons, though it seems a couple of sims stop gaining all together. Reason I say this, is I had no issues doing that up until the use of the mod. Right now I'm still trouble shooting things. Hate to remove it as magical kids are pretty cool.

By the way the issue is with a teen sim, she already had a won but I gave her a new one since I had the mod not sure if it's an issue with the wand or not, though any help would be appriecated, seems like now cheating is the only way to progress skills.

Edit: Looks like the issue persists, even after removing the mod. It could be that the skill is so high now that it moves at a snails pace. Most of the magic actions don't seem to move the bar at all even eying it really closely. Sometimes +'s shows up to indicate gain but mostly doesn't seem to do that. All in all conjuring apples seems to be the only thing viable.

If it matters they're preexisting witches atleast 2 of them. As in I made them before the mod.

Hmm OK. Well witches always had trouble leveling up once they reach a high enough level. Spellcasting duels helps level up faster. Is the blue skill progress thingy appearing above the sim's head while you use spells? Make sure your Sim isn't already level 10. Is this happening with just one sim or every sim? Also have you read the install instructions and mod conflict part?
Test Subject
#81 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 2:46 PM Last edited by A120 : 26th Mar 2018 at 8:19 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by skydome
Hmm OK. Well witches always had trouble leveling up once they reach a high enough level. Spellcasting duels helps level up faster. Is the blue skill progress thingy appearing above the sim's head while you use spells? Make sure your Sim isn't already level 10. Is this happening with just one sim or every sim? Also have you read the install instructions and mod conflict part?

It's my first time actually playing with Witches so I have no idea how hard it is to level them late level seems more diffcult than normal skills at that level, but all of them are like 7-8 ish thanks to master controller showing hidden levels and all. The progress bar is above their head, sometimes it has pluses like other skills other times it doesn't maybe the pluses is just an occasional visual cue I don't really know. It the bar just doesn't apper to move even to the smallest of notches on the meter either through spellcasting, upgrading items magically, dueling anymore, or magical conversion. Seems like the effect happens to that sim's mom as well. And as far as reading the conflicts yeah, though right off the back I'm not that savy to spot any conflicts so I just removed the mods I thought that were conflicting, leaving only the files necessary for this mod, then removed all mods and no change.

When I have more time I'll try the Delphy tool and see if those mods would show up or not there.

Edit: Alright after using the tool it says no conflicts with either of the other magic mods installed.
Scholar
Original Poster
#82 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 11:56 PM
It's my first time actually playing with Witches so I have no idea how hard it is to level them late level seems more diffcult than normal skills at that level, but all of them are like 7-8 ish thanks to master controller showing hidden levels and all. The progress bar is above their head, sometimes it has pluses like other skills other times it doesn't maybe the pluses is just an occasional visual cue I don't really know. It the bar just doesn't apper to move even to the smallest of notches on the meter either through spellcasting, upgrading items magically, dueling anymore, or magical conversion. Seems like the effect happens to that sim's mom as well. And as far as reading the conflicts yeah, though right off the back I'm not that savy to spot any conflicts so I just removed the mods I thought that were conflicting, leaving only the files necessary for this mod, then removed all mods and no change.

When I have more time I'll try the Delphy tool and see if those mods would show up or not there.

Edit: Alright after using the tool it says no conflicts with either of the other magic mods installed.

I think it's the normal thing you're getting, not because of mod. Witches take a long time to level up, especially in higher levels. You can use Nraas Relativity mod to increase skill gain rate for spellcasting skill. The spell book from the store also increases spellcasting skill faster.
I think EA wanted it to be very difficult to become high level witches. They wanted high level witches to be rarer. That's why it's happening.
Your problem is happening only at high levels right? Not at lower levels?
Test Subject
#83 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 12:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by skydome
I think it's the normal thing you're getting, not because of mod. Witches take a long time to level up, especially in higher levels. You can use Nraas Relativity mod to increase skill gain rate for spellcasting skill. The spell book from the store also increases spellcasting skill faster.
I think EA wanted it to be very difficult to become high level witches. They wanted high level witches to be rarer. That's why it's happening.
Your problem is happening only at high levels right? Not at lower levels?

Don't really have any other low levels in the world I'm playing so hadn't tried. The world's Starlight Shores so any witches there are likely made by me. If necessary I could make another witch to test it out or lower one of the levels. I didn't seem to have that problem until getting lvl 6 or more. Of course each higher skill level has a higher experience scale. Though if it's anything like trying to level up werewolves which I'm more familiar with then the scaling is higher than say typical skills. Either way, thanks for your help thus far. I'll continue to use the mod as it seems now to make no difference whether it's there or no. Maybe I'll try turning them in to normal sims and then turn them back to witches to try and 'reset' them. Granted I don't think they loose the experience they gained as a witch.
Scholar
Original Poster
#84 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 3:18 AM
Don't really have any other low levels in the world I'm playing so hadn't tried. The world's Starlight Shores so any witches there are likely made by me. If necessary I could make another witch to test it out or lower one of the levels. I didn't seem to have that problem until getting lvl 6 or more. Of course each higher skill level has a higher experience scale. Though if it's anything like trying to level up werewolves which I'm more familiar with then the scaling is higher than say typical skills. Either way, thanks for your help thus far. I'll continue to use the mod as it seems now to make no difference whether it's there or no. Maybe I'll try turning them in to normal sims and then turn them back to witches to try and 'reset' them. Granted I don't think they loose the experience they gained as a witch.

Witches take a really really long time. When I first played with a witch that I got frustrated and turned static needs on with cheats and made them constantly use magic and even then it took me 2 days. Yes my witch was practicing magic constantly non stop for 2 days to get to level 10.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#85 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 4:07 AM
This is what I've been looking for since 2014! Thank you for sharing!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#86 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 4:29 PM
Thank you for your hard work and dedication to make this mod possible,Skydome. You've just made the game even better.
Lab Assistant
#87 Old 27th Apr 2018 at 4:48 PM
This mod looks amazing, thank you! But could you please include Arsil's fix for the restoration ritual? I wouldn't ask you to make your mod compatible with other types of mods, but this one is a fix that should have been in the game to begin with.
Scholar
Original Poster
#88 Old 28th Apr 2018 at 2:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by arinabean
This mod looks amazing, thank you! But could you please include Arsil's fix for the restoration ritual? I wouldn't ask you to make your mod compatible with other types of mods, but this one is a fix that should have been in the game to begin with.

From what I know. It already is compatible.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#89 Old 30th Apr 2018 at 4:05 AM
I just started playing with Supernatural installed and this is exactly what I needed. Thank you oh so much for creating this mod!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#90 Old 4th May 2018 at 9:02 PM
LOVING these new spells! You are great!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#91 Old 4th May 2018 at 10:18 PM
Just saying thank you. I am happy that better people than myself at this level of modding create these mods before I forced myself to attempt it. Overrides are one thing for me, but didn't want to try this. Thanks to you, now I don't have to.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#92 Old 12th May 2018 at 6:34 PM
Thank you for the updates , all work as it should and my witches thanks you for every spell they can cast :D
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator THANKS POST
#93 Old 20th May 2018 at 3:40 PM
Thanks! These are super cute!
Test Subject
#94 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 2:27 AM
I have an idea, could you perhaps add the option to conjure poison apples at will so that witches will be able to choose what kind of apple they want? You can add a chance of failure, at which a normal apple will be conjured.
Scholar
Original Poster
#95 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 12:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DoomDesire666
I have an idea, could you perhaps add the option to conjure poison apples at will so that witches will be able to choose what kind of apple they want? You can add a chance of failure, at which a normal apple will be conjured.

Yea I can do that maybe next update.
Test Subject
#96 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 1:21 AM
I'm always looking this mod for new spells. I loved the teleportation one!
I suggest some offensive spells. A "hate curse" that is the love spell but if the target talk with someone they turn enemies, a powerfull-ice spell that makes sims frozen for like a week (altering the moodlet timer) or a "midas spell" that makes the same thing but with permanent.
Scholar
Original Poster
#97 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 6:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Thesims3sexy
I'm always looking this mod for new spells. I loved the teleportation one!
I suggest some offensive spells. A "hate curse" that is the love spell but if the target talk with someone they turn enemies, a powerfull-ice spell that makes sims frozen for like a week (altering the moodlet timer) or a "midas spell" that makes the same thing but with permanent.

Like those ideas Although permanent Midas might cause glitches especially if used on too many Sims. So maybe you'll like a long lasting one instead? The hate curse was something I've been planning for a while. I'm thinking of changing the special effect for it like making black hearts instead of red hearts.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#98 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 6:57 PM
this is great, but i would like to play this mod in my language (brazilian portuguese), is there any way i can translate it? or can someone here do it for me?
Scholar
Original Poster
#99 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 10:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shaula
this is great, but i would like to play this mod in my language (brazilian portuguese), is there any way i can translate it? or can someone here do it for me?

Currently you can't translate it because I hard coded the spell name in the code. In the future I will make it so it can be translated. I didn't do this earlier because there wasn't much demand for translations. And it was a lot easier to just hard code it. But I have been thinking about doing it for awhile.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#100 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 5:54 AM Last edited by Frechi : 10th Jan 2020 at 12:05 AM.
Yay! Genius <3

The Cordial sisters will be having fun with this

Page 4 of 17