Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Nov 2012 at 10:15 PM
Default Multicolored pattern - how?
Okay, so, I've been reading different tutorials but haven't been able to find an answer. Basically what I need is a two color pattern, with both colors being seperate. I can use the CAP tool to make a multichannel pattern but not this.

What I mean is... well, like a... let say a chair has two color boxes in create a style section, one for the frame (wood) and one for the cushion (fabric). Now I need to be able to choose two different materials for my pattern, as well. How do I do that?

This is the pattern base:

The black parts would be concrete and the the white would be paint.

The tools I have are CAP, Paint.Net, the TextureTweaker and TSR Workshop.
Advertisement
Interstellar Traveler
#2 Old 22nd Nov 2012 at 2:06 PM
First you need to enable another recolorable channel in order for the game to be able to pick it up. After you have done that, you need to create a mask for this pattern. You are pretty much taking that image above, but adding the color channels to them. The color channels are: Red - 1st Channel, Green - 2nd Channel, Blue - 3rd Channel, and Orange/Yellow/Purple - 4th/Alpha Channel. So, you are pretty much filling in those spaces with the colors for what channels you want. Each colored area represents a space for where a pattern will appear, so everywhere where red appears, a certain pattern will appear.. everywhere where green appear, a different pattern will appear. (Masks are so hard to explain).

If you still don't understand:
- So, let's say you replace the black space with red and the white space with green. Now, when you open that pattern in CAST and select a wood pattern for the first channel, the wood pattern will appear where red is on the mask (Where the black area is currently). You select a fabric pattern for the second, and now the fabric pattern will appear where there is green (where the white space is currently).

I hope this helped!

Formally SeeMyu | Retired Mod
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Nov 2012 at 2:29 AM
Thank you. I think I understand. I'll have to go and see how it goes. Hopefully I'll get it right. Your explanation helps a lot.