Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 2:36 AM
Default Using Blender to Create A New Top
I just downloaded Blender in order to try to create a new top for a female sim. I tried to install the scripts from this thread -> http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...ghlight=blender but the scripts do not show up in the add-ons window in user preferences, so I cannot enable them and install them. What do I do? Can anyone here help?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 9:20 AM
You use a blender version is too old, please try blender v2.6 version and blender v2.6 geom plug-in.
Click here
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 7:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by luluke0325
You use a blender version is too old, please try blender v2.6 version and blender v2.6 geom plug-in.
Click here

Thank you very much! I will try that.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 12:32 AM
Ok so I've finally gotten the plugins to work and import the geom file, but now I'm stuck. I can't find what I'm looking for in the Blender manual so hopefully someone knows here. How do I transform the mesh? I haven't really used 3d programs much, just photo editing software, and it's nothing like that. I can't figure out how to pull the body how I want it to go. I went into edit mode, and highlighted I guess one of the vertices, and moved the x axis to pull it out but it's not looking how I want. It's all pointy. I can't figure out how else to manipulate the mesh. Which brings me to my next question. How can I even redraw a new mesh over the .obj sim body I imported? I looked at tutorials for making objects in Blender but they didn't help with trying to manipulate the mesh. I hope someone can help.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#5 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 11:52 AM
simlover87, which tutorials were you looking at? The section on 2.6 on blender.org doesn't have a lot of tutorials (yet) it seems, but for basic modelling info the ones for older versions may also still apply.

This one also looks good to me, for instance: http://www.raywenderlich.com/49955/...make-a-mushroom

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 12:59 AM
Hi plastic box thanks for the website link. I was looking at sims 3 specific object creation tutorials before, but it wasn't helping. Hopefully this one will help me!