Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 11:12 PM
converting skins from 3 to 4
converting skins from 3 to 4 could it be done have some custom skins that i had to pay for and would like to use them
in the sims 4 they show up in cas but the sim is black and when i click start to go into the game CTDs
Advertisement
Eminence Grise
#2 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 1:14 AM
Yeah, you will definitely not be able to use ANY TS3 content directly in TS4.

Moving to CAS Parts.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 6:30 AM
You definitely can't convert any skin directly from TS3 or TS2. The skin mapping is extremely different in each game, so trying do do a direct conversion would just result in a large mess. I wouldn't say it's impossible, but it would need a lot of work (by a lot, I mean around months worth of work).

The Sims Forever
Test Subject
#4 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 7:52 AM
Actually not months of work, moving around a texture and repainting some bits isn't that hard, and each template can take you from 15 minutes to I guess an hour or at least that's how long it takes normally for me, If you have both the textures for them you could probably try liquify in photoshop and then fix everything up after. It does require some experience with textures and a drawing program though.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 4:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Raikov
Actually not months of work, moving around a texture and repainting some bits isn't that hard, and each template can take you from 15 minutes to I guess an hour or at least that's how long it takes normally for me, If you have both the textures for them you could probably try liquify in photoshop and then fix everything up after. It does require some experience with textures and a drawing program though.

Oh... I'm not really experienced with Photoshop/GIMP, so thanks for clearing that up. I've once tried to refit a skin texture from TS2 to TS3, but I've had unsuccessful results. Also, in TS4, there are around 300+ skin textures (from what I heard) for adults, so that's why I thought it would be a lengthy process. There would be many for children as well, of course.

The Sims Forever
Test Subject
#6 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 3:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimsForever15
Oh... I'm not really experienced with Photoshop/GIMP, so thanks for clearing that up. I've once tried to refit a skin texture from TS2 to TS3, but I've had unsuccessful results. Also, in TS4, there are around 300+ skin textures (from what I heard) for adults, so that's why I thought it would be a lengthy process. There would be many for children as well, of course.
I have seen success from some people in creating skins using skin details though, and I'm trying to figure out currently how to make a face only skin using face paints, I think it can be done yeah.