Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 7:50 PM
Modding Clothes causes ragged edges, Help!
I'm Making my own clothes for my sims and after modding I get ragged edges, not smooth like the in game clothes. does anyone have any ideas as to what I might be doing wrong, or how to fix this problem. All I'm dong right now is placing PNG images over T-shirts, after saving and repackaging the clothes edges look terrible.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 8:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KMT1073
I'm Making my own clothes for my sims and after modding I get ragged edges, not smooth like the in game clothes. does anyone have any ideas as to what I might be doing wrong, or how to fix this problem. All I'm dong right now is placing PNG images over T-shirts, after saving and repackaging the clothes edges look terrible.

it might have to do with how you are aliasing the edges. It seems like a lot of their files are greatly compressed from much larger detailed files, and so the edges get a very clean aliasing on the shader and the image file. just editing the files directly seems to produce really jagged edges, as you describe. you could also play with the opacity of your tools.
Eminence Grise
#3 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 1:19 AM
Moved to CAS Parts