Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 8:51 AM
Default Missing Preview for CAS
Hi!

I am able to upload a new package to the mod section of the game and can see my dress render. For some reason, the preview does not render. Do you have any idea why? I have tried removing all of the files except for "UNKN" (From S4pe) as well as leaving the rest in, but it does not seem to change the affect. What is causing this?

Here's the full list of artifacts

Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 9:01 AM
Moving to CAS Parts. Might be useful if you state which versions of which tools you used.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#3 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 10:13 AM
Did you at first have a version of this dress that was invisible, and later fixed it? If so, you have to delete the thumbnails package so the game will generate a new one.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 8:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Did you at first have a version of this dress that was invisible, and later fixed it? If so, you have to delete the thumbnails package so the game will generate a new one.

I just did another dress from scratch and the thumbnail appeared. So I think it might be as you say, perhaps I need to delete the thumbnail package on my other dress. My question is - where is that?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#5 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 11:59 PM
It's in your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 folder, and it's named localthumbcache.package. You can just delete it and the game will regenerate a new one.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 12:35 AM
Thanks!