Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Aug 2014 at 5:53 AM Last edited by aaa125 : 23rd Aug 2014 at 3:33 PM.
Default How to create custom (or just recolor) skintone ?
[U]I think it sounds really silly and i can't even write english well. But I really want to create some male custom skin for my sim(s).
I am so noob at modding. (It sounds so silly...) usually i don't post in internet because i can't write english. (korean still middle school , plus i'm not the type of internet or non-face to face communicate )
And I know it sounds really silly. (i know i said 3 time...) But please? anyone? I can't write english but I can fully understand english so anyone?
It's so so so hard for me to post something. I'm going to hide from now on

+ I want to re-color default skin
like some overlay layer + increase saturation = BOOM! perfect color skintone(at least for me :D)
Screenshots
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 23rd Aug 2014 at 1:41 PM
I think reading this thread might help you some:
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...5#startcomments
Do you know how to use s4pe?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Aug 2014 at 2:59 PM Last edited by aaa125 : 23rd Aug 2014 at 3:23 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by DiAnkhiar
I think reading this thread might help you some:
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...5#startcomments
Do you know how to use s4pe?

I'm not sure i can use s4pe... (but at least i tried :D)
And thank you for helping me
I'll try my best to do...that.....wat.....i think my head is going to explode...
it's going to be long journey
super-noob detected
Instructor
#4 Old 23rd Aug 2014 at 5:14 PM
We all gotta start somewhere! I'd help you with s4pe but I'm learning myself. I'm also a noob.

EDIT: I was being an idiot, oops. I just noticed you actually did it! May I ask how?
Test Subject
#5 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 3:35 AM
We all gotta start somewhere! I'd help you with s4pe but I'm learning myself. I'm also a noob.

EDIT: I was being an idiot, oops. I just noticed you actually did it! May I ask how?

No, i just edited capture....
I'm trying hard but none of them work...
I guess i have to wait then...
Instructor
#6 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 4:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pak
No, i just edited capture....
I'm trying hard but none of them work...
I guess i have to wait then...

Oh, I see. Yeah, hopefully someone else with the knowledge will have a tutorial on it soon.
Test Subject
#7 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 5:44 AM Last edited by pak : 24th Aug 2014 at 6:09 AM.
Oh, I see. Yeah, hopefully someone else with the knowledge will have a tutorial on it soon.

I did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I finally did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lovestruc
wow....I can't even breath right now....
i don't give a fudge about my grammar........
WOWWWW...
Ok...I can tell you how I made skin. Before that I need little korean - english translation...!!
Wait a hour?..or minute?
Screenshots
Test Subject
#8 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 6:07 AM

Okay..i hope you can understand me...I really hope...And I'm very very very very sorry for my 15yearold korean girl grammar.
1.you need s4pe (latest version), photoshop or gimp( plus dds helper plug-in ), and my attached files.
+ I used http://jessiesims4.tumblr.com/post/...-a-skin-its-the this XixuChan's skin-tone to shove my skin to in-game. (used s4pe codes not the texture)
2.Go to photoshop or gimp and open .dds file. And edit them.
3. save your dds file BC3/DXT5 and generate mipmaps (Gimp) or save DXT5 (Photoshop)
4.Open up s4pe and Open XixuChan's skin.
5. find tag UNKN and right-mouse click it. click ' Import From DDS ' and select your edited .dds file.
6.click save as... and save.
7. use it. ( how to apply - see XixuChan's preview3.jpg )
Attached files:
File Type: zip  DDS.zip (1.01 MB, 34 downloads) - View custom content
Instructor
#9 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 8:30 AM Last edited by DiAnkhiar : 24th Aug 2014 at 9:07 AM.
Thanks for the help. That really came in handy. Sadly, it is not what I'm looking for exactly. I'm looking for a way to replace the skintone presets, not the greyscale files themselves.

EDIT: I forgot to ask, who made your custom eyes? I like them.
Test Subject
#10 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 6:35 PM
DiAnkhiar - Me too. Hopefully one of us, or someone else, will figure it out soon. :D