Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#3176 Old 4th Apr 2019 at 7:54 AM Last edited by HarVee : 4th Apr 2019 at 8:14 AM.
What PC is that set from? I remember it's from the store, but I don't remember what set.

My game? Well I decided to actually give the ITF pack a play despite having it all these years. Bought my first plumbot, which I named M1DNIGHT-AI1. Traveled back to Midnight Hollow and built an basement for my founder Sim to stash the bot building and charging stations and some of the futuristic items. Kind of a mini labratory thing. Installed some vintage CC cars and bought a '32 Ford. But MAI1 didn't like that, so I had to also buy a Renault Twizy for him because he's a picky robot. Last time I played he was riding the premium store carousel I had placed at the titanic toy shop lot.

My goal is to eventually overrun Midnight Hollow with plumbots. And getting that challenge thing form the time almanac along the way to that and then changing Oasis Springs into the dysoptia version to make it sort of like a story that by changing the timeline and introducing the plumbots into the past fucked shit up essentially.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Advertisement
Scholar
#3177 Old 4th Apr 2019 at 10:43 AM
I’ll get imgur soon...ish. I’ll do it!

Right now? I’m learning what havoc Shimrod’s faster autonomy mod can wreak in a house full of sims. I have 8 and with his mod, they don’t *ever* wait for a command. My original sim’s husband is the worst. He runs off and accuses everyone in the house of being a diva (he’s a diva, so I guess he thinks it’s a good thing to do.) if no one is around, he wanders around giving all the decor in the house a critique (avant-garde) he really hates the toilet paper roll in one of the bathrooms. He will run in and start booing and giving the thumbs down to it – embarrassing the heck out of whoever is using it. With 8 sims in the house and only 2 bathrooms, someone is always using the it. I ended up making all the bathrooms shoo-less because nobody could shower. The diva kept barging in to gripe about the toilet paper.

My original sim was living in her little junkyard shack alone. Once a lot is complete in my nothing is free challenge, I move everyone out except for one sim. The diva just maxed out his consignment shop, so everyone moved on to the next lot except for him. He very briefly moved back in with his wife, my original sim (thanks to story progression.) but they immediately got divorced and then she moved into his big fancy house and left poor diva in the grungy old junkyard shack. There’s no toilet paper roll in the outhouse, so he’s happy..

my original sim has the hots for her adopted paperboy once he turned adult. I married him off and kept her away from him, but she kept writing him love letters and calling him. That was not cute!
Field Researcher
#3178 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 5:07 AM Last edited by tysika : 5th Apr 2019 at 5:19 AM.
@Harvee I'm not sure if I understood right but if you're asking about the computer in my pic it's from here:

https://store.thesims3.com/setsProd...ategoryId=12266

Ugh I wish plumbots can have baby plumbots ):

EDIT: Made more rooms! XD

Mad Poster
#3179 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 7:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tysika
@Harvee I'm not sure if I understood right but if you're asking about the computer in my pic it's from here:

https://store.thesims3.com/setsProd...ategoryId=12266

Ah. That's definitely a set I don't have.

Scholar
#3180 Old 7th Apr 2019 at 6:32 AM
So, this kid...

I don’t make perfect sims and want them to look gorgeous, but....

https://i.imgur.com/37szIgC_d.jpg?m...fidelity=medium

Really? This is what my legacy has to work with?

And seriously... why can’t I post images here.. I swear I used to do it... now I can’t pick the right link to save my life
Scholar
#3181 Old 8th Apr 2019 at 3:51 AM
@HarVee If you don't mind my asking, wherever did you find that car? The '32 Ford, I mean. What a little beauty! I've searched all over 20s or 30s vehicles.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Scholar
#3182 Old 8th Apr 2019 at 5:00 AM Last edited by kewpie : 8th Apr 2019 at 8:08 AM.
Ok I’m sharing this and even if my pics don’t work, you gotta see this! I’m doing a Nothing is Free Challenge. I just unlocked the graveyard. I have an unofficial rule that a lot isn’t complete until it’s 3 stars. I had to get *really* creative to get this lot up to 3 stars. It’s kinda hard to spend lots of money on a graveyard.... especially when I made it small.. oops.

I’m sure die hard Nothing is Free folk might say I broke rules to get this lot, but honestly I don’t care. I got a bit creative.... take a look.
So I thought I could just buy a bunch of huge expensive statues abd be done with it. This isn’t too wild. Except that the ladder in the pic leads to a second mausoleum. It turns out you need two if you want to 3 star?.?my lot was way too small to buy giant statues. S I had to get creative

So I turned a bonehilda coffin into a grave. I figured she’d fit in fine. And she’s expensive! Still not enough money spent.

so I added an all-in-one outhouse and used CAST to make it look kinda like a grave. Then I put in a reflecting pool. The sims think it’s a hot tub...

Also put in the fairy house since I had those weeping fairy statues... and that was more cash...

I decided I needed more trees. The kids treehouse is a tree... in fact it’s the most expensive tree you can buy that isn’t also bigger than my entire lot.

There’s also a pond with a death fish and a death flower, of course.

Now I didn’t check to see how many official rules I broke. I figured it’s my sims money. They bought it all, and I tried to make it fit in. And it was a heck of a lot more fun than that I would hav made. And so I declare it job well done!

OMG!, my pics work!! Sorry they are tiny and grainy.. but look, you can see em!

Update: sent “dad” out to jog and pick up seeds. I got busy doing something else. When I got done, I caught him using the toilet-grave!!!

Edit: this lot drives home how much I missed CAST while I was playing TS4. It’s not just about having everything match (but that’s a big issue too) with CAST and a mod to get rid of stencils and stuff, you can ‘disguise’ objects and use them in unexpected ways on the fly. I tried doing a build a city style challenge in TS4 and there are so many limitations.. won’t go into al of them, but CAST isn’t just about recolors... it’s so much more.
Mad Poster
#3183 Old 8th Apr 2019 at 7:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elynda
@HarVee If you don't mind my asking, wherever did you find that car? The '32 Ford, I mean. What a little beauty! I've searched all over 20s or 30s vehicles.

https://thesimscars.wixsite.com/mods/TS3CarList

Scholar
#3184 Old 8th Apr 2019 at 9:26 PM
@HarVee. Great! Thank you very much.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Mad Poster
#3185 Old 11th Apr 2019 at 9:10 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 13th Apr 2019 at 5:26 PM.
Well, it's looking bleak.

First, Lee Unkrich marries simself, Erik Estrada then cheats with her and he leaves, only to move across the street like a creepy stalker.

Then, Erik Estrada marries simself, is a victim after Grant Imahara starts moving in. After Erik beat up Grant, the divorce was finalized due to his behavior as a guest as he left before divorcing.

I don't know if 3rd time's the charm. For one thing, Grant's the one with baby fever (Lifetime Wish: Surrounded by Family) and her frame of reference is children can do chores and must do so to earn an allowance of any sort. (Actually, that frame of reference for children is what molded me to push forward on writing projects. I had usually higher grades in creative classes.)

Maybe if I deleted the school (I did this numerous times without consequences) and install a no-curfew mod, my personal farm challenging might be of value. I could send a few children to collect resources for farming and alchemy each day and since I have the right Nraas mods for a large family like mine is already. (The one thing about the 8 person limit that prohibited me was I couldn't portray my grandparents, my uncles, aunts and my father is because they (my dad and his siblings) were born over the course of 14 years, making my eldest uncle a teenager and that's 10 people in a large house in a white and nerdy neighborhood. Doing legacy challenges with my family was too damn impossible.) I wish to thank twallan for one of the best series of mods for The Sims 3. But regardless of how things are...I'm trying to get them to marry.

Funny thing how the message in Disney's Enchanted was bludgeoned over the audience's head in Frozen...

"You can't marry someone you just met"
Elsa

Funny how in Enchanted, Nancy, who dated Robert for 5 years (WTF dates for 5 years? My parents got married 1.5 years after their first date) after he had his heart broken (the reason he is against fairytales), runs off with Prince Edward and they just met and marry, which Nancy is played by the same woman as Elsa - Idina Menzel.

It took 6-7 years to convey the message. 2007 was the year Enchanted was released, 2013 was Frozen's original release at that years holiday season, but it was heavily marketed in 2014.

But I guess I am guilty of another Simmer sin, which proverbially spits in Elsa's eye: I raise the relationship bars as quickly as possible, make them lovers, then spouses, then parents within the window of the afternoon. (Both in-game and real-life, to boot!)

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#3186 Old 15th Apr 2019 at 12:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat

Maxis toddler hairs are horrible. I need to do some cc shopping for this little squirt.

Is that a Babilon offspring?
Well done, I guess...
#3187 Old 15th Apr 2019 at 12:45 PM
I guess, because you never know how they turn out once they grow up; she might sport a facial stubble then, you know.
#3188 Old 18th Apr 2019 at 1:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
(...)

If anybody has cool boy names you care to share, I'm up for suggestions.
Evaristo
Mad Poster
#3189 Old 21st Apr 2019 at 2:46 AM
So far, Grant Imahara married my simself and they moved into the Alto mansion, kicked out the Altos and their yappy curly haired dogs.

Then I split the original save into two saves. Now, if you remember, Grant's Lifetime Wish was Surrounded by Family. I was going to stuff in both saves large numbers of children. In one save, children with Organization XIII names and likenesses. In the other, children name after sacred animals from China that also resonate with Japanese mythology.

So far, in the Organization XIII save, Xemnas Imahara was just born. He is still in the burrito baby stage of life, so I will browse the downloads section for decent hair for when he becomes a toddler.

Xemnas was created via the Instant Baby options in the Nraas Master Controller mods.

Dumpling, our tuxedo kitten is still shaken from my divorce from Erik Estrada. Apparently, Dumpling remembered Erik fondly. Makes me wonder if they were doing shots of Reddi-Whip.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

Scholar
#3190 Old 22nd Apr 2019 at 6:24 AM Last edited by Elynda : 31st Aug 2019 at 12:39 PM.
Corina Fordyce isn't having much luck throwing parties. Her first day back at uni she held a bonfire party at the Tri Fruhm sorority and...

I mean what are the chances? There must be a giant meteor magnet under that lawn!

This time there was a fatality. I was afraid there'd be more, but as soon as the fires started Grim remembered he had business elsewhere.

And now Cori's life looks like becoming more complicated than usual...

Still, a least there's still somebody in the house willing to do the washing up.

Mad Poster
#3191 Old 22nd Apr 2019 at 6:43 PM

So after days of unsuccessful attempts, the Laws family is finally expecting their third child. What could possibly ruin this wonderful moment?

The Receptacle still lives!
Lab Assistant
#3192 Old 24th Apr 2019 at 3:45 PM Last edited by SimyourLife : 24th Apr 2019 at 4:12 PM.
Well, this is awesome.

Currently, playing only one custom world: Strangetown.

Johnny Smith married Erin Beaker (as always.) They are busy working while raising 2 toddlers & another on the way (likely multiples!) They have a male basset hound named Butters.
They are shopping for a larger house to accommodate. Jenny Smith moved in to help raise the kids/help take care of the house. She quit her med career. She will eventually (hopefully) marry General Buzz Grunt without much of a fight.
Johnny is a firefighter & Erin is a journalist.

PT9 & Jill Smith are living together.

Circe & Loki Beaker are up to their ‘ol schemes, in the same career positions that they were in TS2.
Circe loves starting fires & being cruel. Loki is up to his usual mayhem & gadgets.

Don Lothario moved to Strangetown & is loving a new crowd of ladies to have one-nighters with. He is currently unemployed (big surprise there!)

Bella Goth still wanders around aimlessly. She was dating Don, but left his cheating hiney. She aspires to be a detective (what are the odds?!)

Dina & Nina Caliente also moved to ST & each are expecting the fruit of Don’s loins- certainly not without the expected drama! Nina has joined the sports career & Dina is unemployed (also another surprise there, with her gold digger aspiration. ) Their babies are due within about a day of each other.

That’s about it for now! Never a dull moment in Strangetown. :P
Mad Poster
#3193 Old 25th Apr 2019 at 12:29 AM
So, out of the three saved maps I had of Traverston, I deleted the pre-child map and the Organization XIII named children map.

Now they have the animal named kids map and so far, they have 4: Mouse (male), Cow (female), Tiger (male) and Rabbit (female)

I think in a save I had long ago, prior to TS4's release, I created a family of two parents of a mom and dad and about 20 kids. Of course, with the numerous mods found here and twallan's Nraas, it was like being a manipulative creator goddess.

Mad Poster
#3194 Old 1st May 2019 at 10:17 PM
Update...I think I went crazy. I went from 4...to 13...to 17 babies. They are still in burrito form.

The 13 intended are named after Japanese Zodiac animals. The four that came after are named Turtle, Crane, Phoenix and Qilin (Qilin are these goat-like, one-horned mythical beasts with relatively long necks for goats and there are five patches of color of red, yellow, green, blue and purple on their backs).

As for the statis for the nurseries, the magic orchids help and for every 8 people, you put 1 vase. If there is more than one, add an additional one. Keep this in mind that for 8, put 1 in; for 16, put 2 in, and so forth depending on the multiples of 8 as the maximum in each room.

Still, I hope to play after my operation. I may have to yank out the wireless plug in the USB port to prevent me from going online.

Mad Poster
#3195 Old 4th May 2019 at 11:50 PM
Well, I have 13 of the 17 kids at the Child stage. Chicken, Dog, Boar and Cat are still babies (burritos).

I also got to play with the new content from the Silver Moon blogspot blog.

Lab Assistant
#3196 Old 5th May 2019 at 4:33 PM
I'm playing my simself as a teen but I'm making things up as I go along. I live in, what I consider to be, the worst home in Twinbrook with my 'mom' and she works as an Investigator while I'm feuding with a girl over a boy I like and she's dating him.
Scholar
#3197 Old 7th May 2019 at 5:43 AM Last edited by Elynda : 31st Aug 2019 at 12:52 PM.
Big changes are afoot in the Fordyce household.

Top Secret Researcher
#3198 Old 8th May 2019 at 3:01 AM
Bah! My efforts to repopulate starting with an empty world have failed. It's funny, when I was in real life college I worked with an anthropology prof writing a computer program to generate kinship systems. I should have known better.
I started with two couples (1st generation), and they each had a batch of kids (2nd generation). Then the kids intermarry and have kids (3rd generation)... Great huh? Seems like a done deal. Then it all came to a sudden halt with the 3rd generation. ! They're all first cousins, of course! And this generation is related to EVERYONE. So, no potential spouses. A little experimenting shows that the game allows 2nd cousins to marry. Duh! That was a waste of two days of game play.
The Picture is Grimlox - the hero of simmanity. He worked very hard to scrounge up those first two couples - getting DNA samples from sims (alien kidnappers, tourists, etc), cloning them, building time machines, using the relationship transmogrification to marry them off. I never played a plumbot as a main character before, just witches, vampires and aliens mostly.
It can't really be done. You need 8 unrelated sims to start off. That leaves no room for 2nd generation children.
Screenshots

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
#3199 Old 9th May 2019 at 2:32 AM
I had no time to play since the days leading and day of my operation.

But lately my Simself had cosplayed as Sailor Galaxia and Eternal Sailor Moon and upon my opinion, Grant dressed up in a tuxedo, but it was pretty bare bones. No top hat or masquerade ball style mask. Just square frame glasses.

The kids eventually are coming of age and once winter ends, I'm going to send them to collect for farming and alchemy.

Top Secret Researcher
#3200 Old 9th May 2019 at 9:54 PM Last edited by Emmett Brown : 9th May 2019 at 11:25 PM.
Default Still trying to repopulate the world...
Okay, Grimlox is out, and Algar the Alien Genie is in!
The solution presents itself: I can't beat the 8 sim limit without using a genie who can add sims to the household for 4 hours with the genie ensorcell command. That way, I can get them to try for baby in the time machine.
Also, genie's beat the hygiene problem with the magically clean sim command, and the hunger with the summon food.
But to rob the graveyard and bring dead sims back to life, I need a sim with the science skill (money to buy new couples their homes and to clone life fruit), fishing (to get a death fish) and cooking to make ambrosia. I use the major master to get the ltw points for the philosopher's stone so I don't have to learn alchemy.
To pair couples off, the social networking skills. To get all these skills, you just have to go with an alien! Because aliens beat the sleep requirement with a bag of space rocks.
Put 10,000 ltw points towards an iron bladder and all you have to worry about is "fun" and "social". Use the loner trait and a laptop computer and you fixed both of those!
(anyone else notice that "add files" often doesn't work?)
Also, find any metal, and with the "transform" alien power (and a big bag of space rocks) and the science clone skill (level 9) you can make supernovium - worth about 10,000 simolians a wack. Or find some cheap gem that cost less than 100 simolians, and have a go at making tiberium!
Screenshots

Sims are better than us.
Page 128 of 161