Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Downtown's Sim Center North ~ Now with SWIMMABLE Lake!

by CatherineTCJD Posted 22nd Jun 2018 at 7:12 PM - Updated 22nd Jun 2018 at 8:04 PM by CatherineTCJD

13 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 9 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#2 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 7:26 PM
You are getting very bad for my downloads folder But this is perfect. Thank you.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 8:07 PM
Aw, thanks Petro
I didn't use much CC here - just stairs and invisible floors (and you've got those already, right?)

Thanks for commenting - I love reading comments!

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#4 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 12:57 AM
Thanks for the conversion! I've often wondered when someone would remake those parks!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#5 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 4:20 PM
This is fabulous thank you so much I adore swimable (if that's a word-) lakes perfect!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 5:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sparky1922
...swim[m]able (if that's a word-)...!

It is now! LOL
I'm glad you like it - and left a comment :lovestruc

and Vintage Stuffeths
Field Researcher
#7 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 9:26 PM
I love this lot :lovestruc thank you!!

Twilightsims
Forum Resident
#8 Old 23rd Jul 2019 at 4:26 AM
Very nice, but - the "invisible flooring " isn't totally invisible. It has a plastic-like edge that's entirely too visible from most angles, and when a Sim dives in, it looks like light-blue planks. Have had other problems too, like Sims trying to "swim" through the surrounding terrain (weird, huh?).

Any chance of any future improvements?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 27th Jul 2019 at 2:34 AM
@Sims2Maven - That sounds like problems from earlier 'invisible' floors. Are you sure you installed the one i included with this lot? Maybe you have an older version that is over-riding this one? Read through Frillen's post (linked in my write-up) and you'll see that it is completely invisible.
I hope this helps - and I'm glad you like the lot

and Vintage Stuffeths
Forum Resident
#10 Old 28th Jul 2019 at 2:20 PM Last edited by Sims2Maven : 28th Jul 2019 at 3:39 PM.
The eyedropper said the tiles were "Now You See Me, Now You Don't". Overwrote them with Frillen's and was able to get rid of most of the Plexiglass look, except right under the diving platform. There's something weird about that area, with 45 degree angle Plexiglass that can't be fixed or changed nohow. It works anyway, just looks peculiar from some angles.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 28th Jul 2019 at 5:00 PM
Thanks for letting me know - I'm glad you got it working... Did you try 'shift click' to replace all the tiles at once? (That usually also replaces the 'broken' warped tiles that are necessary to build the dock/platform) Maybe 'shift click' everything to linoleum, then back again to Frillen's invisible tile.

and Vintage Stuffeths
Forum Resident
#12 Old 1st Aug 2019 at 3:54 AM Last edited by Sims2Maven : 1st Aug 2019 at 4:43 AM.
There's one small problem with Frillen's tiles - they're under Buy, not Build, and they behave like a Buy item, not a Build item. Will try the "constrainfloorelevation" cheat and see if that helps.

Edit: Nope, that didn't work either. Guess I'm stuck with the weird Plexiglass structure right under the diving platform. (Moved the ladder to the inboard side to get it clear of the Plexiglass, just in case.)
Field Researcher
#13 Old 13th Aug 2019 at 9:39 PM
I used Frillen's invisible tile on all but one of the flat tiles. If you leave a flat tile, you can use shift-click to make the remaining tiles invisible with an invisible tile from the build catalog. I did that, then used Frillen's invisible tile on the remaining flat tile. That leaves only the floor edges on the slanted tiles, which could be passed off as a kind of reflection from the platform. I also use Voeille's pond water , which may make a difference.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#14 Old 14th Aug 2019 at 6:09 PM
Thanks @Cher64 - that looks great!

and Vintage Stuffeths