Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#33626 Old 19th Apr 2024 at 6:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Andrew apologises for turning his back on us, but he said he really did want to get on with that painting. Julian says, "I'm not completely topless. I'm wearing that pendant that Andrew gave me as a token of his love -- and I'm wearing a watch!" The gentleman in red playing chess is Carl Marks, who is of course a politician. He had come to visit Garry. Playing against him, and almost hidden behind Julian is none other than Jack Gill.

Last night I kept looking at these teenage formal shorts with long socks, trying to remember how I made them, or indeed if I could think of a better way to do them. I looked at the Maxis girls' school uniforms, and indeed at the schoolboy outfit that Alexander Goth wears. I couldn't get any of them to work, and I was getting more and more tired. Eventually I decided to take the shoes from a Maxis boys' formal suit, the long socks from the kilt hose by jadedicara , and of course the Simphany.com shorts, both of which I already have in my game. ("Hose" is what we Scots call the long socks we wear with our kilts.) But I was too tired to do them last night, so I went to bed. (I seem to be permanently lethargic since my fall in February.)

This evening I made the children's formal shorts, with long socks and black shoes, and I think they look at least passable. I brought those kids (they're called Alan and Ursula) back to model them for me in CAS.

Julian may be the half naked one, but it was Andrew's butt I stared at for too long. XD

I had totally forgotten these. They're Hogwarts uniforms, but they'd totally work for muggle girls as well. XD Shirt with tie here https://modthesims.info/d/209408/ho...s-amp-ties.html, and pleated skirt with knee length socks and shoes here. https://modthesims.info/d/135999/ho...ovie-style.html And boys, for the shirts (no shorts). https://modthesims.info/d/208486/ho...s-amp-ties.html

Hope you feel better soon. Take care of yourself!
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#33627 Old 19th Apr 2024 at 10:48 PM
Do y'all ever forget some features exist in the game because you haven't used them in so long?

In the past 2 weeks, I've rediscovered pet jobs, the uni secret society, and assigning uniforms for business employees. Pet jobs I still won't bother with, but the other 2 are actually useful and now I have 2 new secret society members and my employees actually look fitting for the business they're employed at.
Mad Poster
#33628 Old 20th Apr 2024 at 4:47 AM
Any other creators have a weird downloads spike yesterday? It looks like almost all my uploads got downloaded at least three or four times yesterday, which is definitely more than most days, and it doesn't have a matching spike in views or thanks, so I'm not sure what to make of it!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#33629 Old 20th Apr 2024 at 9:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
Any other creators have a weird downloads spike yesterday? It looks like almost all my uploads got downloaded at least three or four times yesterday, which is definitely more than most days, and it doesn't have a matching spike in views or thanks, so I'm not sure what to make of it!

I had a fairly high number of downloads overall yesterday, but the views matched them. I didn't go through and check individual downloads.
Mad Poster
#33630 Old 20th Apr 2024 at 10:02 AM
Not really. I had slightly more on the 19th than the 18th, but there were fewer on the 19th than on the 17th, 16th, and 15th and the downloads chart matches the views chart pretty much exactly.
Mad Poster
#33631 Old 20th Apr 2024 at 10:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra

I downloaded a few of yours a couple of days ago!

Re: Pet jobs, I always thought they were pretty stupid, but recently I've taken to giving some of my Police sims a canine companion that they are expected to train in the Security career.

And in one game, I decided Jodie and Jason Larson would be pet trainers for animals to appear in films/tv (Showbiz career).

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Field Researcher
#33632 Old 20th Apr 2024 at 11:05 AM Last edited by iforgot : 20th Apr 2024 at 11:26 AM.
Anyone know how to fix inconsistencies between the lot imposter and the real lot? I updated the roof and the imposter shows the roof correctly, but it's still doing this.

The imposter:

The actual lot:

The issue is the ground showing as green. Any ideas how to fix it?

Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
I downloaded a few of yours a couple of days ago!

Re: Pet jobs, I always thought they were pretty stupid, but recently I've taken to giving some of my Police sims a canine companion that they are expected to train in the Security career.

And in one game, I decided Jodie and Jason Larson would be pet trainers for animals to appear in films/tv (Showbiz career).

I've been grabbing new mods also
Screenshots

Shabado... sha..ba..doo..badooo
Mad Poster
#33633 Old 20th Apr 2024 at 11:48 AM
Looks like you have a few problems. Some of your stairs and fence on one lot are flashing blue and you have a totally black window on another house.
Mad Poster
#33634 Old 20th Apr 2024 at 1:24 PM
The big black "window" will actually be a public toilet stall next to the outside wall. I always get that in my neighbourhood views. I don't think there's a fix.

I can't actually see the problem with the ground colour, but I do know some neighbourhood effects don't show up in lot view.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#33635 Old 20th Apr 2024 at 1:46 PM
The ground problem is that in neighbourhood view there's grass under the statue and in lot view it's actually a stone floor. Plus the benches around the edges are a different colour and the monkey bars appear to be in the wrong place.
Field Researcher
#33636 Old 20th Apr 2024 at 2:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Looks like you have a few problems. Some of your stairs and fence on one lot are flashing blue and you have a totally black window on another house.

They're not flashing blue, that's just their colour.

I went with a blue theme on that lot, at the time:

(And now I look at it again, I'm debating changing it to match the others)

The big black "window" will actually be a public toilet stall next to the outside wall. I always get that in my neighbourhood views. I don't think there's a fix.

That's exactly what it is (hence in my newer builds I do a separate wall, it happens with elevators and stairs too)

I can't actually see the problem with the ground colour, but I do know some neighbourhood effects don't show up in lot view.

The ground problem is that in neighbourhood view there's grass under the statue and in lot view it's actually a stone floor. Plus the benches around the edges are a different colour and the monkey bars appear to be in the wrong place.

Yeah :-/
Screenshots

Mad Poster
#33637 Old 20th Apr 2024 at 2:43 PM
I'm going to actually go with 'lot impostors are just buggy'. The blue stairs in your lot view look normal, whereas in the hood view they're extremely blue and off to one side.
Mad Poster
#33638 Old 20th Apr 2024 at 9:56 PM
Yep, lot imposters are buggy.

I would guess that the ground is slightly raised and the game thinks that the grass should show over the stone.

You could remove the stone, paint under it with a dark terrain paint like the ocean floor, and then replace the stone.

My random question: What causes crashing on saving? I never get this but I've been building on a large/complex lot today and I've had multiple crashes. The first was the most annoying because I got out of the habit of saving every few changes so I lost quite a bit of work. Luckily a lot of it was figuring out how to do something so I could recreate it fairly easily but I forgot exactly how I had decorated certain parts of the lot and had to start again. I saved every few changes after this but still had CTD another 2 (maybe 3?) times.

Mad Poster
#33639 Old 20th Apr 2024 at 10:08 PM
When Sims autonomously prepare a meal, is there any sort of game logic to which meal is selected or is it randomized?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#33640 Old 20th Apr 2024 at 10:08 PM
My random question: What causes crashing on saving?

My guess would be memory overload of some sort (especially with a large and/or CC-heavy lot), or issues with CC.
Mad Poster
#33641 Old 20th Apr 2024 at 10:45 PM
Yes that could be it because this hood does lag somewhat. How annoying. What does memory overload actually mean in the context of sims? Video memory, RAM? My graphics card has the full 4gb and I have the 4gb patch and it works. I have 16gb RAM so I would have thought that would be enough as well.

I remember in the early days of the sims 2 I had 256mb of RAM and I was always coaxing the game to even start up at all and closing every possible other running process including print spoolers why why why do I face the same issues today with a ridiculous amount more??

Mad Poster
#33642 Old 20th Apr 2024 at 10:51 PM
I've noticed the game tends to be a bit more unstable when parts of it are in swap memory (you can check this with RAMMap, which I also use to keep an eye on the standby memory).

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#33643 Old 21st Apr 2024 at 1:25 PM
What is swap memory?
Mad Poster
#33644 Old 21st Apr 2024 at 3:33 PM
What is swap memory?

If you run out of space on RAM, the system will start moving things to virtual memory on disk. It's much slower.

Field Researcher
#33645 Old 21st Apr 2024 at 3:44 PM
I would guess that the ground is slightly raised and the game thinks that the grass should show over the stone.

I can confirm this was the issue! Though, the stone is a terrain paint, so looks like there's not much I can do. I noticed it on another lot too where it was more visible that the ground is shown as raised to the rest.

What is swap memory?

Swap is a filesystem partition or file (depending on the setup) which the operating system (OS) can use as additional system memory. This will be stored directly on your storage device and have a limited size. Depending on the configuration of your system this file may be used to for memory data that is not being used/accessed very often or it may only be used when your main system memory (RAM) runs low and the OS needs to use it in order to keep running. When using the data within the swap file/partition the system will swap the data between the partition/file and your system memory while using it, thus the system starts "swapping" which can slow things down under heavy load.

Mad Poster
#33646 Old 21st Apr 2024 at 4:17 PM
If it's the neighbourhood terrain which is raised, you could move the lot, then flatten it using the cheat, then move the lot back.

Thanks for the RamMap tip. I downloaded it. However, I have literally no idea what it's telling me is there a RTFM anywhere?

Mad Poster
#33647 Old 21st Apr 2024 at 4:29 PM
Thanks for the RamMap tip. I downloaded it. However, I have literally no idea what it's telling me is there a RTFM anywhere?

In the first tab, 'Use Counts'. you can see how much of the memory is in swap (it's called Page Table in the list).

In the processes tab you can see which processes are using it in the 'page table column.

Also, note this blue section:

There's a glitch where the standby cache can fill up all of the available memory. If that happens, Empty > Empty Standby List can clear it out.

Note that the program doesn't automatically refresh itself. Use File > Refresh or the F5 key.

Test Subject
#33648 Old 21st Apr 2024 at 11:55 PM
What could be the issue when some cc clothes look perfectly fine in cas but broken in live mode? It happened with some toddlers and child clothes. I thought I may have deleted the mesh accidentaly, so I redownloaded the files but the issue persists, it also happens with some default replacements.

Screenshots
Mad Poster
#33649 Old 22nd Apr 2024 at 12:34 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 22nd Apr 2024 at 3:20 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by mocuna
What could be the issue when some cc clothes look perfectly fine in cas but broken in live mode? It happened with some toddlers and child clothes. I thought I may have deleted the mesh accidentaly, so I redownloaded the files but the issue persists, it also happens with some default replacements.

Do you have "Sim/object Details" and "Texture detail" on high? If not, the game is probably reading the original clothing LODs. TS2 CAS CC meshes rarely, if ever, have LODs (low-definition versions) included.

Turn those on high, and the clothes should look fine (This is especially true for 3t2/4t2 meshes, since those have extra groups, which may or may not show without those two settings).

(you can see it on the mesh, which doesn't look like the t-shirt - it's clearly reading the wrong mesh, which is in turn reading the wrong texture - it's not reading the extra group for the shirt, but the "body" group that doesn't have a texture. Plus, I think I can spot the three last fingers on each hand being block-shaped, which is a classic sign of the "sim/object detail" being set to low)

CAS uses somewhat different graphic settings from what you see on-lot, so what you see in CAS isn't always what you'll see on-lot, and vice versa.

"Texture detail" on high helps if you're getting low-res textures close up, or you get the wrong textures.
Test Subject
#33650 Old 22nd Apr 2024 at 2:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Do you have "Sim/object Details" and "Texture detail" on high? If not, the game is probably reading the original clothing LODs. TS2 CC meshes rarely, if ever, have LODs (low-definition versions).

Turn those on high, and the clothes should look fine (This is especially true for 3t2/4t2 meshes, since those have extra groups, which may or may not show without those two settings).

(you can see it on the mesh, which doesn't look like the t-shirt - it's clearly reading the wrong mesh, which is in turn reading the wrong texture - it's not reading the extra group for the shirt, but the "body" group that doesn't have a texture. Plus, I think I can spot the three last fingers on each hand being block-shaped, which is a classic sign of the "sim/object detail" being set to low)

CAS uses somewhat different graphic settings from what you see on-lot, so what you see in CAS isn't always what you'll see on-lot, and vice versa.

"Texture detail" on high helps if you're getting low-res textures close up, or you get the wrong textures.

THANK YOU!!! "Sim/object Details" was, in fact, on low. So simple, now I gotta redownload stuffs
Page 1346 of 1349