Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 9:10 AM
Default A way to skin a cat?
Can anyone tell how to make a pet use a custom skin?
It's possible.

But how?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 9:48 AM
while my comment will be entirely useless, id like to say, theres some ways people could misinterpret this title, and let me tell you, i did. literally i was thinking "wtf? wtf? wt-" while i squint my eyes in confusion then i realised what you meant. sorry im not helpful, i hope someone can help you out
Instructor
#3 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 12:09 PM Last edited by AngieMFAK77 : 20th Dec 2017 at 12:24 PM.
Are you sure these aren't pet markings? Which would be perhaps Horse Accessories disguised as a skin?
(Like, I have an invisible mane to create a no hair look, and a HD coat mod to make their hides shine!)

http://simshorses.blogspot.co.uk/20...equus-sims.html

MKATSONP is a Sims 3 Medieval Comedy Drama on Youtube and Tumblr
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#4 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 3:29 PM
This is an EA horse coat, isn't it?* I've seen it combined with regular markings and different fur colours but with the bones remaining unchanged, so I guess it's some kind of stenciled overlay.

*I cannot recall whether it is in all games or only some special pre-order-limited-registration-Origin-only versions.
Theorist
#5 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 3:33 PM
Yeah it would be nice to have a ˜pig skin coat to layer on to an animal to make it a pig, or something like that.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Mad Poster
#6 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 7:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
Yeah it would be nice to have a ˜pig skin coat to layer on to an animal to make it a pig, or something like that.

Please, please tell me when someone designs this that it will come with a free lipstick makeup option! :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 11:21 AM
Yeah, found it. A shame, this is vanilla skin. And the treble clef cat below turned out to be made of blots. And the cake is a lie too.
Initially, I was hoping to make a scaly scary hellhound. Do you guys have any ideas how to?
Like, where can I get big dog overlays or blots or whatever I can repaint to look like scales?

Test Subject
#8 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 11:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Himiko Hayley
while my comment will be entirely useless, id like to say, theres some ways people could misinterpret this title, and let me tell you, i did. literally i was thinking "wtf? wtf? wt-" while i squint my eyes in confusion then i realised what you meant. sorry im not helpful, i hope someone can help you out

Exactly what I thought LOL
Forum Resident
#9 Old 26th Dec 2017 at 8:40 PM
I am told there are several ways to skin a cat.

I don't know any of them, though.