Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 11:17 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Game Freezes When I Shift Click to Place Floor
Whenever I shift click to place flooring on an area in build mode the game freezes for 2-4 seconds depending on the size of the area. I never had this problem before, it started happening recently. I figured it was happening because I've been downloading a bunch of mods lately, but when I tested the game without any mods nothing changed, I also tested it in different neighborhoods, but no changes either. Can someone help me? Should I be worried about this?

I'm running The Sims 2 on a laptop with windows 8.1 x64, 8GB RAM, and a Intel Core i7-4500U CPU@ 1.80GHz processor and I have all expansion packs and stuff packs untill bon voyage, all of them patched.

Also I don't have this problem when I do the same thing with wallpapers. And I don't have any custom content floor and wallpapers.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 11:30 PM
It's probably nothing very wrong. Sometimes the game just decides it wants to start lagging for certain things, like a new piece of CC or placing a very large floor, or it throws in a bit of lagging while moving the camera around. 2-4 seconds doesn't sound like a very bad lag.

Do you know which graphic card you have? Also, is the computer new, or is it starting to get old? If it's getting old (4+ years) it could mean something is starting to get fried. If the computer is newish, I don't think you need to be too worried.

The only time I noticed bad lagging (worse than usual, anyway) in my game was the last time I played the game on my old laptop. Placing floors didn't take 2-4 seconds, but more like 3-10 minutes. I decidied the ting was useless for gaming, and I was right, because it wouldn't even start the next time. Just a heads-up if your computer is getting old. Mine was around 5 years, was probably in the minimum requirement area, and I'd been playing sims almost daily for most of those years.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 11:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
It's probably nothing very wrong. Sometimes the game just decides it wants to start lagging for certain things, like a new piece of CC or placing a very large floor, or it throws in a bit of lagging while moving the camera around. 2-4 seconds doesn't sound like a very bad lag.

Do you know which graphic card you have? Also, is the computer new, or is it starting to get old? If it's getting old (4+ years) it could mean something is starting to get fried. If the computer is newish, I don't think you need to be too worried.

The only time I noticed bad lagging (worse than usual, anyway) in my game was the last time I played the game on my old laptop. Placing floors didn't take 2-4 seconds, but more like 3-10 minutes. I decidied the ting was useless for gaming, and I was right, because it wouldn't even start the next time. Just a heads-up if your computer is getting old. Mine was around 5-6 years and I'd been playing sims almost daily for most of those years.

Thanks for replying, and gee, 10 minutes is a long time! I just googled how to know which graphics card I have, and I have a Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, and my computer is only 1 years old. I can live with this issue, I was just worried my game could be broken or something.
Instructor
#4 Old 30th Jun 2014 at 9:08 PM
Yep, happens to me too. Especially with very large areas it can take about 10 seconds to unfreeze and place the flooring. So you're all good!