Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 9:34 PM Last edited by Caitlinslash02 : 17th Apr 2015 at 9:06 PM.
Default Sims 3 Wolf Legacy Challenge!
Hey guys! I am Caitlinslash02, and I am relatively to MTS! This is my FIRST EVER challenge!
I am so so so sorry if anyone else has a similar challenge but hey, lets get into the challenge
CUSTOM CONTENT WARNING

You are a wolf, moving into a new territory with your wolf mate. Being the only wolves in the area, you have the need to reproduce and make this territory stand out as a wolf - infested town. The more generations produced, the better. Being a wolf, your sim would be quite aggressive to humans and would tend to either attack them, or run away before they got a chance to call the local wild animal hunter, which in turn would cause game over.

Basics:
You might be wondering how to make a wolf, well simply just enter a deserted world (I will put a link down the bottom for you to download a world into your game) and you have two options..

Option 1: Make a sim. Randomize them, name, traits, looks and all and when you get into your town, create/move into a lot (in this downloadable town,which you can download if you click on the link near the bottom, you would have to create a lot to live on) and make a basement on the lot. Nothing else. You will need to put the necessary living needs in it, (for example, a fridge, counter, sink, toilet, shower, bed ect) and just leave your sim to get on with their basement lives and just control the wolves

Option 2: Make a sim, again randomize them and add your new family into a world. make sure you have testingcheatsenabled on and then shift click on the sim >> object >> delete. Simple, The only thing is that when one of your wolves die, a person will comr and take away the animals because there is no sim...so I would do the same on elder wolves shift click, object, delete when it is a day or two before it dies just so your game doesn't get ruined D: Belive me, its happened to me before ;-; it ruined everything..

You can either make your own wolf or I will include a link down below, under the world link to a downloadable wolf

Eating and keeping your wolves alive
To keep your wolves alive you obviously need to eat....well adult and elder wolves can refill their hunger bar by drinking from ponds/lakes/the sea. However, pups cannot..i recommend when your wolves have given birth, stay on the home lot and use the buydebug on cheat to buy bottomless pet bowls and keep your wolves on your home lot until the pups have grown up into adults.

Rules
THERE ARE NO RULES YAY]
If you would rather have a set of rules to follow by....make your own
You can cheat up the pups hunger if you think they are going to die by dragging up the hunger bar when testingcheatsenabled is on
You can teleport the pups if you feel you are being cruel by making them drag themselves all around the map xD
You can use ANY money cheats!

AND HAVE FUN! ANY QUESTIONS, JOLT THEM DOWN BELOW AND I'LL ANSWER ASAP!

Wolves:
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail...assetId=6422960 <---- THE WHITE/CREAM WOLF
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail...assetId=6392908 < ------- THE BLACK/ DARK BROWN WOLF
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail...assetId=6389333 <----- THE MULTI-COLOUR (BROWN,CREAM AND BLACK TIMBER WOLF) my fave xD

World:
You guys can use whatever world you want but I highly recommend this one.
BTW: you will need to create a lot for it, so just go into world editor before you create a family and make a lot ready to move onto.
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail...assetId=5163025

TO DOWNLOAD THE WORLDS/WOLVES ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS CLICK THE ADD TO GAME BUTTON AND HAVE YOUR SIMS LAUNCHER OPENED, WHEN THE CHOSEN THING IS DIWNLOADED IT WILL APEAR ON YOUR DOWNLOAD LIST ON YOUR LAUNCHER, CHECK BEFORE YOU LOAD UP SIMS JUST IN CASE BUT 99.9% OF THE TIME IT WILL SHOW WITH A BAG AND A BLUE ARROW POINTING TO IT.
WHEN YOU LOAD UP YOUR SIMS, JUST GO TO NEW GAME AND SELECT THE CHOSEN WORLD! THE CHOSEN WORLD WILL BE CALLED 'Wolf Creek' THE WORLD IS AMAZING GUYS! I TOTALLY RECCOMMEND IT!

TO SELECT YOUR WOLVES YOU WOULD NEED TO GO TO PRE MADE SIMS AND JUST SCROLL DOWN THE LIST THAT POPS UP UNTIL YOU FIND IT IN THE LIST, THEN SELECT IT AND CLICK THE ARROW, THEN YOU ARE READY TO GOOOOOOO
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 4:57 PM
Sounds cool! Might try this later <3
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 10:26 PM
Default Thank You so much!!
Quote: Originally posted by Meow-Meow-Belle
Sounds cool! Might try this later <3

Thank you!!!! Its been kind of rough starting off and knowing at least one person might consider and enjoy my challenge have a turtle because..well turtles are awesome
Test Subject
#4 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 11:51 AM
I'm setting this up to play now but I wondered if we could buy like regular pet supplies for them? Like chew toys and beds or should they live wild?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 1:00 PM
Default Sure ^^
I'm setting this up to play now but I wondered if we could buy like regular pet supplies for them? Like chew toys and beds or should they live wild?

You can do whatever, it is your gameplay after all and since pups cant dig holes I think chew toys would be a great idea
Test Subject
#6 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 9:37 AM
How do you create a challenge?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 11:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KittyLover1505
How do you create a challenge?

Click on Sims 3 Challenges and click on Post new thread, then you just have to create a title for your challenge and then write down a challenge and post it.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 11:06 PM Last edited by Simlover7114 : 12th Apr 2015 at 12:24 AM.
I have one quick question, how do you end up encountering a human if you use one of the deserted worlds? I was thinking that maybe you could have only a few relatively scattered and scarce lots around the world, so that as you went out trying to survive there would be more people close to the water and inner town.
I thought of a bit more for my gameplay... I will be starting with the normal two wolves and the locked up sim (not going to delete so there is no issue with the elder wolves passing), but instead of the wolves living in a deserted world, I will be making a general inner town as the only place left, and also one of the few places for food and water (once a week the wolves must raid trash cans to find food scraps.) The wolves must move only under shade of night and/or mask of trees. I will delete all but about 5 lots in the town, each having 4+ sims and being in the inner town. There will be the general store and a park or two for some water. Also the bookstore or some other leisure place for the pesky humans. My wolves will have to forage to make a place for themselves in the wild, fighting off the town's animals and fighting for food against racoons, strays, and even wild horses needing some room to roam. All of these will make it hard for the wolves to survive. (If a wolf refuses to eat or drink from the pond or do what is necessary, I assume it has starved or something and age it up so it is another lost. It keeps it more interesting with some more ideas thrown in there...

Update #1: I just finished editing that town that I downloaded (Wolf Creek or whatever that one town above is called....) and making a couple households. I decided it would be easier to make the wolves have a bit of a backstory before creating them. I made 3 wolves instead of 2, 1 male and 2 females. The females are Silver-eye and Snow, and the male is Bone. Silver-eye and Snow are sisters and ran from there pack when their mother and father, the two alphas, died. Bone on the other hand was born into no pack, his mother had mated and ran off on her own. He had 2 other siblings whom were lost, leaving his mother so distressed. Bone eventually couldn't take it and said goodbye to his mother and went off to find some other wolves, more safe and sound. He came across the two very different wolves, Snow and Silver-Eye... They traveled together a while before finding a spot up in the forest to settle. They thought of making their own pack, living out some more generations. Snow and Silver-Eye were never jealous of Bone's attention for the other though. They decided that making the pack well was highly important and there was strength in numbers. That's all for now!

"900 years of time and space, and I have never met someone who wasn't important."
Test Subject
#9 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 2:22 PM
Hey if you are going to do this challenge I did it and I didn't like the world (sorry) it was really glitchy and had lots of lag issues so I moved to a midnight sun world (Saint-Antoine) and this challenge was a lot more fun to play <3
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 7:11 PM
Hey if you are going to do this challenge I did it and I didn't like the world (sorry) it was really glitchy and had lots of lag issues so I moved to a midnight sun world (Saint-Antoine) and this challenge was a lot more fun to play <3

I have noticed the world is quite laggy but whatever fits your boot ^^.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 7:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simlover7114
I have one quick question, how do you end up encountering a human if you use one of the deserted worlds? I was thinking that maybe you could have only a few relatively scattered and scarce lots around the world, so that as you went out trying to survive there would be more people close to the water and inner town.
I thought of a bit more for my gameplay... I will be starting with the normal two wolves and the locked up sim (not going to delete so there is no issue with the elder wolves passing), but instead of the wolves living in a deserted world, I will be making a general inner town as the only place left, and also one of the few places for food and water (once a week the wolves must raid trash cans to find food scraps.) The wolves must move only under shade of night and/or mask of trees. I will delete all but about 5 lots in the town, each having 4+ sims and being in the inner town. There will be the general store and a park or two for some water. Also the bookstore or some other leisure place for the pesky humans. My wolves will have to forage to make a place for themselves in the wild, fighting off the town's animals and fighting for food against racoons, strays, and even wild horses needing some room to roam. All of these will make it hard for the wolves to survive. (If a wolf refuses to eat or drink from the pond or do what is necessary, I assume it has starved or something and age it up so it is another lost. It keeps it more interesting with some more ideas thrown in there...

Update #1: I just finished editing that town that I downloaded (Wolf Creek or whatever that one town above is called....) and making a couple households. I decided it would be easier to make the wolves have a bit of a backstory before creating them. I made 3 wolves instead of 2, 1 male and 2 females. The females are Silver-eye and Snow, and the male is Bone. Silver-eye and Snow are sisters and ran from there pack when their mother and father, the two alphas, died. Bone on the other hand was born into no pack, his mother had mated and ran off on her own. He had 2 other siblings whom were lost, leaving his mother so distressed. Bone eventually couldn't take it and said goodbye to his mother and went off to find some other wolves, more safe and sound. He came across the two very different wolves, Snow and Silver-Eye... They traveled together a while before finding a spot up in the forest to settle. They thought of making their own pack, living out some more generations. Snow and Silver-Eye were never jealous of Bone's attention for the other though. They decided that making the pack well was highly important and there was strength in numbers. That's all for now!

I think its very creative choosing a different world, its always a good idea to try and add your own little details into things. I think its a great idea to move under the cover of darkness and have some beings in the world, instead of it being deserted :D. I cant wait for further updates from your game!
Field Researcher
#12 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 10:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Caitlinslash02
I think its very creative choosing a different world, its always a good idea to try and add your own little details into things. I think its a great idea to move under the cover of darkness and have some beings in the world, instead of it being deserted :D. I cant wait for further updates from your game!

Thanks! I have already had the first generation making the new generation... I accidentally added a copy of the family with the wolves in it... Now there is a new wolf pack in town that Bone and his pack have to fight whenever they have an encounter. Also I decided on something. If the next generation has a bad relationship with their parents or other members of the pack they might, if they gain enough relationship on their own, end up going into a rival pack. Just some things I might try with it... I have some pictures from my play of this...

"900 years of time and space, and I have never met someone who wasn't important."
Instructor
#13 Old 14th Apr 2015 at 8:09 PM
Started messing around with the challenge and gave the world a try. You might want to put a CC warning. Had a handful of CC plus boots that made me really nervous that they were the boots that stick to everything.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 14th Apr 2015 at 10:10 PM
Hey... My wolf pack has grown a bit, it is now up to 6 wolves. Now there are 4 females and 2 males. Snow had a male and a female while Silver-Eye had a female. Bone has been anxiously awaiting their growth so that they can keep working to expand the pack, keep it going and strong. I have made another rule for myself. In addition to that one trip to town to raid trashcans, I have to add 2 days for every pup. Currently Bone is heading to town daily. And also all mothers have to stay within the lot or possibly a little bit out of it, only far enough to get to the river down the hill. Only one of the mothers can leave the lot at a time. Now I have to add some story to it...

Ever since their first few days on the land the 3 wolves call home they were anxious to let their pack grow. It was amazing when Silver-Eye had her one little pup and Snow had two. The rapidly growing pack is quickly getting hard to handle as they have to go into town, risking capture from the humans, to bring home food for the pups more often. It is only Bone going out now while Silver-Eye and Snow are working hard to keep their little babies in line. Bone is scrambling day and night to find food, water, and time to give himself what he needs, to keep the pack thriving. The days can't go by fast enough for Bone, until the pups are ready to leave the den and head out to fend for themselves and the rest of the pack. During the days while the pups play with their mothers and bond with them to a large extent, Bone is out facing rival packs, scrounging from trashcans to find some food for the pups to take back. Agonizing work going through the mountains, into town and back again and again. Day after day. Constantly grabbing scraps of stale bread, old meat, and spoiled fruits until there is time during the fall where things aren't as spoiled.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 8:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Luckk
Started messing around with the challenge and gave the world a try. You might want to put a CC warning. Had a handful of CC plus boots that made me really nervous that they were the boots that stick to everything.

Im so silly! I should've put a CC warning in the first sentence ahh!! Im terribly sorry!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 8:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simlover7114
Hey... My wolf pack has grown a bit, it is now up to 6 wolves. Now there are 4 females and 2 males. Snow had a male and a female while Silver-Eye had a female. Bone has been anxiously awaiting their growth so that they can keep working to expand the pack, keep it going and strong. I have made another rule for myself. In addition to that one trip to town to raid trashcans, I have to add 2 days for every pup. Currently Bone is heading to town daily. And also all mothers have to stay within the lot or possibly a little bit out of it, only far enough to get to the river down the hill. Only one of the mothers can leave the lot at a time. Now I have to add some story to it...

Ever since their first few days on the land the 3 wolves call home they were anxious to let their pack grow. It was amazing when Silver-Eye had her one little pup and Snow had two. The rapidly growing pack is quickly getting hard to handle as they have to go into town, risking capture from the humans, to bring home food for the pups more often. It is only Bone going out now while Silver-Eye and Snow are working hard to keep their little babies in line. Bone is scrambling day and night to find food, water, and time to give himself what he needs, to keep the pack thriving. The days can't go by fast enough for Bone, until the pups are ready to leave the den and head out to fend for themselves and the rest of the pack. During the days while the pups play with their mothers and bond with them to a large extent, Bone is out facing rival packs, scrounging from trashcans to find some food for the pups to take back. Agonizing work going through the mountains, into town and back again and again. Day after day. Constantly grabbing scraps of stale bread, old meat, and spoiled fruits until there is time during the fall where things aren't as spoiled.

Im glad this challenge is working for you! And its so cute that Snow and Silver-Eye have had their pups already, along with Bone protecting the territory from rival wolves!! :D
Test Subject
#17 Old 3rd Dec 2015 at 11:00 PM
So decided to try this challenge. My alpha is Zing. I decided to use the darker wolf for him. His mate is Misu. I used the normal fur for her. then I have a third maled named Bone who has the cream pelt. Misu gave birth to Shiro who looks kinda weird because of the combined patterns.
Test Subject
#18 Old 3rd Dec 2015 at 11:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kairabugz
So decided to try this challenge. My alpha is Zing. I decided to use the darker wolf for him. His mate is Misu. I used the normal fur for her. then I have a third maled named Bone who has the cream pelt. Misu gave birth to Shiro who looks kinda weird because of the combined patterns.
Here is the rest of the pics
Screenshots
Test Subject
#19 Old 9th Dec 2015 at 6:15 PM
OMG <3 I'm so doing this! I'll keep you posted! I'm thinking of doing some kind of role system for the hunting, like for example (on a twenty sided die) 1-2 = no food today or 6-8 = 1/4 of the hunger bar gets filled, ect. Is this okay?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 20th Dec 2015 at 3:14 PM
Sure!!! Its your game! Im sorry I havent replied in ages, I hardly ever come ontk MTS anymore
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 20th Dec 2015 at 3:16 PM
@kairabugz your pup is so beautiful!!! I love it that some people have started up this challenge
Test Subject
#22 Old 21st Dec 2015 at 3:02 AM
I love this idea for a challenge! I've already started playing a wolfpack in my sims game for a while now starting out with three wolves and two juveniles (young wolves), I used a list randomizer with a few random options to start my story off with and this was the one that came up. I haven't really made rules for myself on this one except that everything is left up to the results of my list randomizer so I don't choose what happens I only add a story to it when it come up on the list. My pack goes out on hunts once every day if they happen to find something on the lot like a bird, a deer, a wild horse, a raccoon, etc. I will enter a catch or miss into a list randomizer I have online to add some twist to the plot. If they do not find something on the lot I take it as a loss and either move on or call it a night and try again tomorrow. I also add things like injuries, deaths etc. every time they go out. Something else I do is when they dig I add the option to the randomizer that they can dig something up like a fox kill or an animal that lives under ground, if they do I push up their hunger a little depending on the size of the animal they catch. There are no towns but there are a few hunting lodges in the area. The world is separated by a creek, on one side is the game reserve where my wolf pack and another reside, and on the other side of the river is where the reserve ends and it is legal to hunt wolves and there are two more wolf packs. My pack is relatively safe from hunters on the reserve however in winter food is scarce on this side of the river so my pack has to exit the reserve to hunt, putting them at risk of being poached. I use the list randomizer every time they go out and do something to determine what happens to them. I added various things to my world like small lots with different animals living on them like a bear here and a coyote family here, just to add a little more characters to my scenery. I sometimes find them near the lakes or fields my pack goes to so it adds to the drama. I also randomly see a wolf or two from other packs so I add options of what can happen to the randomizer, pretty much I randomize everything so I'm always on my toes

The backstory to my pack is this; Two brothers, Drake and Fin, were separated from what was left of their pack when hunters ascended on the pack while they were out hunting in an open field. Fin is the older of the two brothers and is the wiser, cautious type whereas Drake is much larger than his brother and is the more dominant and aggressive of the two. They found their way onto the game reserve and ended up finding a gray female named Scarlet and her two younger brothers. They were separated from their parents during a takeover from a much larger rival pack. The two younger wolves are almost a year old but still need the training and security of a pack so Scarlet has been caring for them. She started tagging along with Drake and Fin and eventually chose Drake as her mate. In the hierarchy of the pack Drake and Scarlet are the Alpha pair, Fin is the Beta, one of the brothers Kekoa is a subordinate (midranking wolf), and Kai is the packs omega wolf. So far there has been one death in the pack, shortly after the pups turned a year Kekoa wandered off following a butterfly and didn't return. They later found his body in the woods, it looked like something had killed him, they assumed a bear or a mountain lion. So now there's only the four wolves in my pack remaining. Spring is on it's way and that means there will be pups arriving soon, super excited for this. That's all I've got so far but I'll keep you all updated
Test Subject
#23 Old 21st Dec 2015 at 11:55 AM
How do you guys create a custom world?
Test Subject
#24 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 12:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lidalisova
How do you guys create a custom world?

You can download something to make your own world or you can edit an old one. I Use this one for my pack linky .It's a large map with no roads, plenty of hills, forests, meadows, and mountains for my pack to explore with several good hidden spots for dens. It's definitely the perfect world for this sort of thing. It is completely empty though so you'll have to add lots to it.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#25 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 12:36 AM
@lidalisova- You can use Create-a-World to make your own world.
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...3_CAW_Tutorials
Page 1 of 3