Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#3676 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 10:42 PM
@ihatemandatoryregister Is there anything we can do? Do you have a favorite thread on here we could post to more or something?

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#3677 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 11:04 PM
Ugh, that sucks so much! I hope you're just being pessimistic; but if not, we'll dedicate our games to you and try to provide you with reading matter.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
#3678 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 11:29 PM
@ihate **Hugs**

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#3679 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 11:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emerald1234
babies...

Pff, those are easy. Change their crappy pants & give them some MILK. Profit.
Mad Poster
#3680 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 12:41 AM
Thanks everyone. Just continue to carry on.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#3681 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 7:26 AM
The rerandomize sim generator on the batbox requires a sim with an empty queue.
Mad Poster
#3682 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 10:39 PM
Pet peeve: When I hear a youtube defines the wrong currency ("Dollars") in the game, which in return makes me violent.
Mad Poster
#3683 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 1:35 AM
Pet Peeve or more Seriously Annoying Piece of Crap That Makes Me Want to Kill Things ...

Fricking pain in the arse meshes that refuse to behave and as soon as I fix one problem it serves me up with a new one. Go DIAF you *censored*.

Ok, vent over. Now I feel better. XD
Forum Resident
#3684 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 2:17 AM
Terrain's and Beaches. I propose we get totally rid of them (just like sims 4) Stupid hills that no-one can climb up, wonky beaches that refuse to fit nicely anywhere. Don't need it, tile it all flat and then my sims can have an ordered life.

Or I could just learn harder to work with the stupid things.
Lab Assistant
#3685 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 3:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Diovanlestat
Terrain's and Beaches. I propose we get totally rid of them (just like sims 4) Stupid hills that no-one can climb up, wonky beaches that refuse to fit nicely anywhere. Don't need it, tile it all flat and then my sims can have an ordered life.

Or I could just learn harder to work with the stupid things.

This is a pet peeve of mine as well, but in my case I would rather my sims just learn how to walk over the damn terrain. I had a toddler once get loose. She found her way to the middle of very mildly uneven terrain perfectly easily, but then three different sims threw routing tantrums at me when they tried to get to her from various directions. If she was moving around fine, why couldn't they? And why can they climb up high hills with no problem, but can't walk over a tiny little bump?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3686 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 3:47 AM
Sometimes it's just one sim. I had a household, fair size and everyone but one male teen could walk back to the house unguided from the pond. I would have to tell him to go to the garden and then the house. They also had some uneven terrain out the front which he said was impassable but nobody else had an issue with it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#3687 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 7:13 PM
All the beach lots seem HUUUGGEEEE if you're making a residential lot..

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Scholar
#3688 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 10:59 PM
Having a landlord crying for no apparent reason outside a flat complex for three days solid. The exit was three squares away from where he was standing and the path was completely clear. Ended up having to move the families out of the flats...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3689 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 12:35 AM
I would have put on moveobjects and deleted his instance off the lot.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#3690 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 2:03 AM
The "play peek-a-boo" want toddlers will roll is unfulfillable. Doesn't matter how many times they play peek-a-boo or with whom. Only way I've ever managed to fulfill it is shift-clicking with testingcheats on.
Test Subject
#3691 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 1:05 PM
The fact that you cannot buy pet food like groceries, in a store. That would have been cool.
Scholar
#3692 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 2:39 PM Last edited by Emerald1234 : 21st Jan 2018 at 3:06 PM.
the fact that sims grow into the most repulsive clothes once they grow up.

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#3693 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 3:12 PM
I wish ceiling toggle button or whatever its called worked properly. Sometimes when you pan the camera from a side you can see the edge sides of the gripping titles. Speaking of when it's viewed from that angle, could have made that the top/flooring of the top story was visible when it's enabled.
Forum Resident
#3694 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 4:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
The "play peek-a-boo" want toddlers will roll is unfulfillable. Doesn't matter how many times they play peek-a-boo or with whom. Only way I've ever managed to fulfill it is shift-clicking with testingcheats on.

Yep, kinda noticed this was funny when playing the little baby plantsim in Riverblossom. Dad taught her and they played together, but I wasn't sure if the wish was fulfilled. I'm restarting so I'll definitely get to test that again.
Mad Poster
#3695 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 4:38 PM
I just always took it as a want of the baby saying it wants attention. You aren't teaching it to play peekaboo. You are playing with it and it always wants to be played with.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#3696 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 4:28 PM
Yes, there's no teaching involved, but the want is never, ever fulfilled. Always wanting to be played with should mean the want behaves like a "be tickled" or "be played with" want, where once it's fulfilled, it simply scrolls back on.
Mad Poster
#3697 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 6:02 PM
Servos are robots..but not. In ways they are just Sims wearing a robot costume. I just discovered they can die, and leave a tombstone! Maxis managed to make them not need food or sleep, but !!!!! made them so unhappy if there are messes everywhere (which is their REASON FOR EXSTING!) they will go nuts. I can see "running amuck" as a machine breaking, but doing it because their are messes to clean?! And what's with them needing companionship? So I'm off to find the (probably nonexistent) mods to make them act like robots!

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#3698 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 8:30 PM
I feel like Servos are robots kind of like WALL-E, which is why they crave companionship. He has his pet cockroach and eventually his romance with EVE. I suppose in a lot of ways he doesn't act "like a robot," but that's part of his charm. The massive garbage dump he lived in didn't seem to bother him, though, he just diligently worked every day to clean it. I feel like maybe that's how a Servo should behave, but of course you don't have to agree. Also, I've never really played with Servos much, so I'm probably not the best judge of how they do or should behave.
Top Secret Researcher
#3699 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 12:41 AM Last edited by lordtyger9 : 25th Jan 2018 at 7:47 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
I feel like Servos are robots kind of like WALL-E, which is why they crave companionship. He has his pet cockroach and eventually his romance with EVE. I suppose in a lot of ways he doesn't act "like a robot," but that's part of his charm. The massive garbage dump he lived in didn't seem to bother him, though, he just diligently worked every day to clean it. I feel like maybe that's how a Servo should behave, but of course you don't have to agree. Also, I've never really played with Servos much, so I'm probably not the best judge of how they do or should behave.

I love Servos, I make them look like a Regular Sim.

I recommend several Mods to make playing with them easier:
Cyjon has CJ-NoRobotSneezing.package
on MTS Dolphin26 has WaterproofServos.package

SW-Servo-Charging-Station.package this is an object that recharges a Servo when the Servo uses it. It is available from the link in Ihatethemanadatoryregister's signature.

Mike 1102 has RobotsNeverBreak, but he only had it in is his OneDrive and had not made it available on MTS, I have asked him to make it available in a PM, hopefully he will answer me and then upload it.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Scholar
#3700 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 5:46 AM
Thunderstorms. The odd one in summer would be fine, but three or four a day, every day, in any season but winter, gets seriously annoying!

(Doesn't happen that often in every hood, but it shouldn't happen that often in any hood.)
Page 148 of 274