Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

New Creator Theme: Elders! - posted on 1st Sep 2018 at 11:43 AM
Replies: 4167 (Who?), Viewed: 192597 times.
Page 149 of 167
Instructor
#3701 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 4:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosawyn
The "play peek-a-boo" want toddlers will roll is unfulfillable. Doesn't matter how many times they play peek-a-boo or with whom. Only way I've ever managed to fulfill it is shift-clicking with testingcheats on.

Yep, kinda noticed this was funny when playing the little baby plantsim in Riverblossom. Dad taught her and they played together, but I wasn't sure if the wish was fulfilled. I'm restarting so I'll definitely get to test that again.
Mad Poster
#3702 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 4:38 PM
I just always took it as a want of the baby saying it wants attention. You aren't teaching it to play peekaboo. You are playing with it and it always wants to be played with.

Why is it the songs we hate the most set up permanent residence in our brains? Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://bulbizarre.neocities.org/
Theorist
#3703 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 4:28 PM
Yes, there's no teaching involved, but the want is never, ever fulfilled. Always wanting to be played with should mean the want behaves like a "be tickled" or "be played with" want, where once it's fulfilled, it simply scrolls back on.
Mad Poster
#3704 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 6:02 PM
Servos are robots..but not. In ways they are just Sims wearing a robot costume. I just discovered they can die, and leave a tombstone! Maxis managed to make them not need food or sleep, but !!!!! made them so unhappy if there are messes everywhere (which is their REASON FOR EXSTING!) they will go nuts. I can see "running amuck" as a machine breaking, but doing it because their are messes to clean?! And what's with them needing companionship? So I'm off to find the (probably nonexistent) mods to make them act like robots!

Namaste
Theorist
#3705 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 8:30 PM
I feel like Servos are robots kind of like WALL-E, which is why they crave companionship. He has his pet cockroach and eventually his romance with EVE. I suppose in a lot of ways he doesn't act "like a robot," but that's part of his charm. The massive garbage dump he lived in didn't seem to bother him, though, he just diligently worked every day to clean it. I feel like maybe that's how a Servo should behave, but of course you don't have to agree. Also, I've never really played with Servos much, so I'm probably not the best judge of how they do or should behave.
Scholar
#3706 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 12:41 AM Last edited by lordtyger9 : 25th Jan 2018 at 7:47 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosawyn
I feel like Servos are robots kind of like WALL-E, which is why they crave companionship. He has his pet cockroach and eventually his romance with EVE. I suppose in a lot of ways he doesn't act "like a robot," but that's part of his charm. The massive garbage dump he lived in didn't seem to bother him, though, he just diligently worked every day to clean it. I feel like maybe that's how a Servo should behave, but of course you don't have to agree. Also, I've never really played with Servos much, so I'm probably not the best judge of how they do or should behave.

I love Servos, I make them look like a Regular Sim.

I recommend several Mods to make playing with them easier:
Cyjon has CJ-NoRobotSneezing.package
on MTS Dolphin26 has WaterproofServos.package

SW-Servo-Charging-Station.package this is an object that recharges a Servo when the Servo uses it. It is available from the link in Ihatethemanadatoryregister's signature.

Mike 1102 has RobotsNeverBreak, but he only had it in is his OneDrive and had not made it available on MTS, I have asked him to make it available in a PM, hopefully he will answer me and then upload it.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Forum Resident
#3707 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 5:46 AM
Thunderstorms. The odd one in summer would be fine, but three or four a day, every day, in any season but winter, gets seriously annoying!

(Doesn't happen that often in every hood, but it shouldn't happen that often in any hood.)
Instructor
#3708 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 10:24 AM
I sometimes hate playing university because like, i want to be able to invite people inside, not just have them waltz into my home when they feel like it.
Like, does people even do this in real life? I just end up closing the doors...but still... special the cow guy is driving me crazy.
And lets remember these sims in university just use whatever they want. hungry? goes into the fridge and stuff face and they NEVER clean up after themselves.

I build small houses *^*
Mad Poster
#3709 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 12:39 PM
@OnayaW - you'll like the evil cow mascot trophy head: http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=7.0

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives | Check out my website!
Forum Resident
#3710 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 2:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnayaW
I sometimes hate playing university because like, i want to be able to invite people inside, not just have them waltz into my home when they feel like it.
Like, does people even do this in real life? I just end up closing the doors...but still... special the cow guy is driving me crazy.
And lets remember these sims in university just use whatever they want. hungry? goes into the fridge and stuff face and they NEVER clean up after themselves.

It's not a good advertisement for American universities, that's for sure! But if you get the Visitor Controller, you can ban them. The only Uni NPC I allow is the coach, because he/she has saved quite a few Sims from Academic Probation by forcing them to get that Body skill point in the nick of time.

Now, if I weren't so severely techno-challenged, I could have got the words 'Visitor Controller' to serve as a link, but I'll just have to do it this way: http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=17.0
Mad Poster
#3711 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 9:59 AM
I wish that teens wouldn't invite friends home from school when they have a job to go to in an hour.
Mad Poster
#3712 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 1:20 PM
If there is anybody else at home, I use them to form a new friendship with the teen visitors
Instructor
#3713 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 2:03 PM
When sims on university just ate but goes out after a pizza .___________________________. stop

I build small houses *^*
Lab Assistant
#3714 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 5:38 PM
When your toddlers are really tired AND really hungry, and you need to feed the dumb little $&#*ers a bottle before they go to bed or pass out, but they keep playing with the $&#* activity table and you can't, for some reason, get a bottle out of the fridge while they are doing this, but when you cancel their play it takes them half an hour to stop, and then they immediately go right back to the activity table because you had it on fast speed waiting for them to stop playing, and now you've missed the window to get a bottle out of the fridge AGAIN

Seriously wtf.
Mad Poster
#3715 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 6:38 PM
Yeah...that activity table is way too addictive. Maybe the crayons aren't wax...

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS ;)
Theorist
#3716 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 7:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnayaW
When sims on university just ate but goes out after a pizza .___________________________. stop

I believe antivisitcampus from MATY stops that.
Mad Poster
#3717 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justpetro
If there is anybody else at home, I use them to form a new friendship with the teen visitors

My after school visitors usually end up playing on their own while whomever invited them over ignores them completely. Then I lose track of them totally and am surprised that they're still there when they say, it's late and I have to go.
Mad Poster
#3718 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 12:19 PM
Not so that it makes me go Grrrr, but still makes me wonder thinking about this.
A sim can call emergency on the phone when there is a fire in their home. Same for a break in. Though that same sim would probably get fined for a fake call, if another member of their household would collapse and die on the floor...

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS ;)
Lab Assistant
#3719 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 5:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charity
My after school visitors usually end up playing on their own while whomever invited them over ignores them completely. Then I lose track of them totally and am surprised that they're still there when they say, it's late and I have to go.

There's so little time for the kids to play before they leave, that this is the one situation where I use Macrotastics to make them socialize so they will become friends. Sometimes, I want my sims to be able to marry childhood friends/sweethearts when they grow up. So I'll make sure they make friends with any townies they bring home from school. If I like one as a match, then I'll have the townie age up along with my playable sim. Even sometimes I will do this if there's an especially appealing child sim that I want to have remain best friends with my playable sim. They can be roomies in college and everything!

I keep having to add more child townies when I do this but that's ok :D
Mad Poster
#3720 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 1:22 AM
I have a hack that lets children stay later. Mine weren't going home until 2am. XD Now that makes me think. I haven't seen parents pick up their kids for ages; not even at 2am. Must be the hack causing neglectful sim parents who don't wonder where their child is at 2am lol.
Forum Resident
#3721 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 2:35 AM
So you decided to throw a big wedding party. You visit all your playables first, make sure everyone has a nice formal outfit and hair do. You set up the backyard, hire a bartender (why can't you hire a DJ, too, btw?), and set up the cake and buffet table. Guest arrive, they start chatting and the party goes to Not So Bad. Then you start the ceremony and the game crashes.

"Enjoy the moment with all your might, whether it’s gloomy, whether it’s bright!"
Also known as Kelyns but you can call me KB.
Bored? Read the legacy I'll probably never finish.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3722 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 8:13 PM
i think you can't hire a DJ because he/she comes with the object
Scholar
DELETED POST
1st Feb 2018 at 8:22 PM
This message has been deleted by lordtyger9. Reason: mistaken posting
Alchemist
#3723 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 1:48 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 2nd Feb 2018 at 3:38 PM.
Pet peeve: Sims don't turn off their computer after they don't intend to use for a day. Additionally, when I forget to toggle ceiling right before the cinematic. And speaking of special moments of these, why can't I screenshot or record these clips?
Lab Assistant
#3724 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 9:00 PM
When you want to raise your Sim's skills and hobby points by doing certain activities, but can't because said Sim's fun is maxed out and they, for whatever reason, refuse to do said tasks, because apparently "I'm having too much fun to do that fun thing!". It's almost like the Fun need is not something you need to prevent from getting too low like literally every other need, but rather something you need to prevent from getting too high.
Theorist
#3725 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 9:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpelSpeedster
When you want to raise your Sim's skills and hobby points by doing certain activities, but can't because said Sim's fun is maxed out and they, for whatever reason, refuse to do said tasks, because apparently "I'm having too much fun to do that fun thing!". It's almost like the Fun need is not something you need to prevent from getting too low like literally every other need, but rather something you need to prevent from getting too high.

I've recently been having this issue with a YA sim. She needs a body skill point for her major, but even though Music & Dance is her OTH, she refuses to dance for more than a few seconds before stopping. I do have a mod in that makes dancing raise body skill. It's not that she's too tired/sweaty/hungry or anything like that. She's just, as you said, apparently having too much fun.
Page 149 of 167