Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#101 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 3:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by spidergirl79
So your dog (and possibly cat) can catch piles of feathers, which are actually collectables. I was kind of annoyed because I couldn't throw them out into the trash and the vacuum wouldn't collect them. That's why!

What you'll get:

You can sell the feathers
Advertisement
Scholar
#102 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 4:26 AM Last edited by spidergirl79 : 13th Nov 2017 at 7:16 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by almostanonymous
You can sell the feathers

Oh I know. I had a ton of extra because my dog is super enthusiastic about hunting stuff. (In the woohoo bush)
Field Researcher
#103 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 6:09 PM
Don't treat your dog to a sausage from the vendor just outside of the dog park whilst still in the park.
This unknown big dog tried to eat it first. Little Ollie doesn't stand for bullies and defended his sausage proudly.

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#104 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 8:58 PM
Here you go, the most awaited LGR review.

Lab Assistant
#105 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 1:37 AM Last edited by Pillowkitty6 : 14th Nov 2017 at 2:07 AM.
Appears my two dogs refuse to breed. Repeated attempts to encourage seemed to have made the dogs' relationship tank or at least I think so SINCE I CANT VIEW IT. Asking one to be nice to the other is completely broken. Really beginning to loathe not being able to have control over them. They also don't interact at all with one another unless to fight cause of course that single autonomous action works. May back up the save and try moving the family out then back in on a fresh save. If that doesn't work guess no puppies 4 me.

Edit: Yep new save fixed the issue.

Quote:
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life — internet and cats. 🎮 + 🐱 = 😇 Link To My Sims 3 Warrior Cat Setup
Scholar
#106 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 2:09 AM
My dog ran away for the first time. He got bit by a squirrel and is sick, and ran away. He came back very dirty. Everyone was sad while he was gone. He was only gone for about a day.

I do wish that there was a UI for the pets to see how old they are, their relationships, their traits, their quirks, ect. I completely agree on that point.

But as far as controlling them and knowing what is wrong, it's NOT that hard! It's not so scary! Its kind of like the babies! They're not that hard to care for! The game will notify you if you haven't figured it out. I haven't even been threatened to have the pet taken away (unlike babies and toddlers)

Alternatively, you can "Ask what's wrong" and the dog/cat will 'think' what they need, but often prior to your asking, they're already thinking it. I do get why people would want to see their pets needs or control them themselves, but figuring out what they need is not hard; I havent even come close to my pet dying because they weren't taken care of.

I'm not saying that I wouldn't want to control my pet, or that people's desire to do so isn't valid, I'm just saying, figuring out pet needs is a mole-hill, not a mountain.
Forum Resident
#107 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 7:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pillowkitty6
Appears my two dogs refuse to breed. Repeated attempts to encourage seemed to have made the dogs' relationship tank or at least I think so SINCE I CANT VIEW IT. Asking one to be nice to the other is completely broken. Really beginning to loathe not being able to have control over them. They also don't interact at all with one another unless to fight cause of course that single autonomous action works. May back up the save and try moving the family out then back in on a fresh save. If that doesn't work guess no puppies 4 me.

Edit: Yep new save fixed the issue.

In my experience, pets don't have to know each other to mate. Which is kind of realistic, but still odd. My cat also really despised a random stray without any reason. Their kitten would have been so cute...
Not seeing traits also bothers me. You can only see them in your sims relationship panel und not hover over them to see what they actually do. I had to go to CAS to check that.
Lab Assistant
#108 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 12:44 PM Last edited by Pillowkitty6 : 15th Nov 2017 at 4:04 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Mondenkind
In my experience, pets don't have to know each other to mate. Which is kind of realistic, but still odd. My cat also really despised a random stray without any reason. Their kitten would have been so cute...

After sleeping on it I came to the thought of, "Why have they never added an artificial insemination option?" I mean it goes along great with the idea of going to the vet. Allows you to get offspring even if the pets hate one another.

Legitimate surrogacy system for humans would also be nice since Sims always seems so much more advanced technologically and would allow a direct way for LGBT sim couples to have genetically related children without cheating galore.

Edit: Thank you poster below me for the mod info! Wow they really got that out fast. :lovestruc

Quote:
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life — internet and cats. 🎮 + 🐱 = 😇 Link To My Sims 3 Warrior Cat Setup
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#109 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 9:46 PM
Its finally here, not even 1 week after release lol.

A mod to control your pets!
http://sims4studio.com/thread/4254/...&scrollTo=89311
Scholar
#110 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 10:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by emino
Its finally here, not even 1 week after release lol.

A mod to control your pets!
http://sims4studio.com/thread/4254/...&scrollTo=89311

I was just going to post this! I hope Shigemi see this!
Lab Assistant
#111 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 12:17 AM
Was about to post it too. Haha!

I probably won't use it myself, but it's good for those that really wanted this. If there was a version where I was able to only view their needs, age, and skill information I would probably use that. I just don't want the challenge taken away if I do end up getting Cats & Dogs.
Scholar
#112 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 12:30 AM
NIIIIIICE! I'm going to try that myself. What could go wrong? ... I hope he comes back... haven't seen him in a while...

Anyway.... I'm not sure if this is a thing, but with Peanut the dog, I decided it was time to build a new house. Actually, I bulldozed and downloaded a new house. For about 2 days he remained 'uncomfortable' and every time I asked what was wrong I got "Peanut is feeling scared of something, he just needs to calm down". I can't say with absolute certainty but perhaps 'moving houses' made him scared for a few days? He's better now.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#113 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 12:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aparkison
I was just going to post this! I hope Shigemi see this!

Oh he/she probably been too busy spamming disagree and hugging his/her pile of salt.
Scholar
#114 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 1:43 AM
So I installed the mod in my game and it works quite well so far. I've noticed that the dog is actually quite good at taking care of its own needs, I haven't really had to use it that much. That having been said, it's still nice to know what's going on in my pets mind at times.

OH and further on the bird feathers, if you collect a second set of all of the feathers available, you can 'craft a bird sculpture' out of it. I have not done this yet but I'm interested to see what it'll look like.
Field Researcher
#115 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 2:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hiabara
Not MY PERSONAL experience, but still something I haven't seen before.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thesims/co...eat_out_of_the/

Jeez, bad enough that is a real life problem.. Note to self: If I have a sim family with a dog AND a cat, I will be sure to always get the self cleaning litter boxes.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#116 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 2:34 AM
So I installed the mod in my game and it works quite well so far. I've noticed that the dog is actually quite good at taking care of its own needs, I haven't really had to use it that much. That having been said, it's still nice to know what's going on in my pets mind at times.

OH and further on the bird feathers, if you collect a second set of all of the feathers available, you can 'craft a bird sculpture' out of it. I have not done this yet but I'm interested to see what it'll look like.

I've accidentally seen it. Do not click if you dont wanna know:
Scholar
#117 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 3:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ksstrek
Jeez, bad enough that is a real life problem.. Note to self: If I have a sim family with a dog AND a cat, I will be sure to always get the self cleaning litter boxes.

BAHAHAHA oh my god thats effin hilarious! Disgustingly accurate.

Speaking of accurate-

This is what happened when he didn't pick up after Peanut. Instant Karma.
Field Researcher
#118 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 1:03 AM Last edited by veronica55 : 19th Nov 2017 at 11:28 PM.
I have just installed and started to play cats and dogs ep. After like 2 hours of playing, my thoughts about this ep is just well, kinda "meh", kinda "ok"

-Pet body animations are nicer and smoother than in previous games but I don't like the animation of the pet taking the ball and dropping it on the floor. It's very off.
-Pet customization is also nice, but it's limited here and there like I couldn't make my dog's head as large as I wanted.
-I am a dog person, there are tons of cat specific furniture and stuff but nothing for dogs. Not one single type of a doghouse to place in our garden? Seriously? I mean really?
-Real dogs do not automatically walk nicely and calmly on leash. I would expect my dog the pull the leash all the time. That kind of a mechanic could add some humour and realism to the game. Imagine the dog pulls the leash, makes your sim fall, drag on the ground, you need to teach him to walk properly etc.
-I like that teaching the dog tricks doesn't take forever. It's easy and smooth.
-Somehow my sim's dog won't go out and pee by himself. Instead he sobs untill the sim tells him to go pee. The game lacks some kind of a wc training feature if I'm not wrong.
-The pet beds could have been more cute and variable. Not many choices, not good.
-I like the new homey cozy furniture.
-The vet feature is good. It's a new thing, different from the previous games, I like it.
-Collars and clothing are very limited to choose from, almost empty.
-The whole expansion is just very blunt. It's like Ok, we give you Cats and Dogs, here are the cats, here are the dogs and that's it. Where are the artistic fun details? I'm not entertained to be honest. A lot more things could have been added to the game related to pets. Like male dog agression=dog fights, hiring a dog trainer, attending dog shows, earning trophies, breeding and selling pets as a business, more toys and treats to buy in cute boxes, signing up for a barkbox, may be building customizing dog houses, leashing multiple dogs at a time, walking like cesar millan...etc etc that kind of stuff would add more fun to the ep.
-Overall, it's not great, not that bad either. Kind of meh, kind of ok.

Sul Sul! Hooba Noobie?
Scholar
#119 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 4:37 AM
^You have to take your pet outside to pee and encourage them to do so before they get the idea that potty must be done outside.

I don't like the pet beds either. Dog house would have been nice!

I love the furniture and CAS/CAP in this set.

I love the vet/career, but I dont think it should have been like the restaurants where it is "rated". What I would have loved to have seen is the vet hospital to work like the doctor's career (so no rating) and instead had a GROOMING center, and THAT would have had the rating.

Overall I'm enjoying it.

This dog is rolling in a pile of fish. I guess the new town is a fishing town?

A dog sleeps upright when plagued by the cone of shame.

The guru who made this vomit pile must have had a cat because let me tell you, the bits of food, grass, and mucous is the most accurate puke pile Ive ever seen!

Apparently, rolling in paint will turn into garbage.
Test Subject
#120 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 5:33 PM Last edited by SimOllieTS3 : 20th Nov 2017 at 1:32 AM.
I haven't played that much yet, but I like how the new town looks. However, why the hell did EA make it so small? As far as I remember, we can have up to 5 neighborhoods in a world, and up to 5 lots per NH, thus maximum 25 lots per world - this is still not too much space, so why not use the capacity to the fullest? I'd love to build many lots in that town within one savegame, and i'm pretty sure many people would like it too. The NH's are isolated by loading screens anyway, so it's not like the system has to render the whole town at once.
Now, the color wheel. Oh, how I wished to have at least that in TS4, if not full CASt, but nope, all we have is swatches, and many sims' hair colors are unnaturaly staturated. From what I've seen in all iterations of this game, the devs and the designers don't know (or, rather, don't care) about how darker shades of blond, natural shades of ginger, and lighter shades of brown hair really look. The sims were restricted to having cartoonishly vibrant hair colors. And now we get this color wheel feature, finally, to create more subtle shades if we want to, but only for pets. Major disappointment. I would like to see it released for everything, but, nope, I think I am setting my expectations too high.
Now, uncontrollable pets. i'm okay with the lack of direct control over their actions, but at least the pet info panel should be here, like it was in TS2.
The objects from build/buy mode are nice, and many CAS items are, too. However, EA has added to the massive randomization issue by having these pet accessories and clothes. It is ok to see an owned dog in a sweater, but a stray dog in a swetaer? - Hell no, that's too much.
I 've seen people go nuts in both positive and negative ways over those unrealistic custom stencils you can put on pets' fur. Again, no big deal for me, some people like creating fantastic sims and pets, so it is nice to see EA cater to this audience, but, again, I don't want to see randomly generated strays or even owned pets with those flowers, hearts, and other crap on their fur. Not in my game, please.
Forum Resident
#121 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 6:01 PM
So I finally tested CAP and it's surprisingly underwhelming tbh

I feel like all the functions were available in TS3, so it's nothing revolutionary. Still not bad though and I do like the premade breeds. But creating my own pets (especially the fur pattern) is kind of complicated imo. I found the whole stamp/drawing tools a bit weird and not really intuitive. There are also no helpful tips for it at all (like the stencil tool confused me a lot). TS3 had tips for basically everything. You could easily look it all up in-game.
There are stamps, but most of them are stars or other things that I personally would never use on my pets because I like to keep it kind of realistic. Or if I want to create an alien pet then I still wouldn't use the stamps because I don't want leaves or crabs or bunnies on my pet. Personal preference I guess and maybe the majority of players likes it, who knows.

And the brushes are just random spots and lines that I could just do by hand (except the cheetah spots and tiger stripes), so it feels like random fillers to make it look there's a lot to choose from.

The really underwhelming part is the stencils and clothes though. The stencils are just a handful of tiger/cheetah patterns and some random spots. And the pet clothes are really just around five pullovers, three derpy outfits and three weird hats. They sold that as the biggest thing ever, but it's so empty. I really thought there would be more silly costumes available. I don't even want them, but I'm still shocked how empty that section is.

I know I'm biased because I'm not a big fan of TS4, but I still thought CAP would be a huge thing. Unfortunately it seems just as empty as the rest of the game to me
Field Researcher
#122 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 9:22 PM
^You have to take your pet outside to pee and encourage them to do so before they get the idea that potty must be done outside.

Yes, I have done that several times. I leash him, go outside, encourage him but he won't learn. He won't pee inside the house and he also won't go pee outside unless my sim tells him to do so. Weird.

Also is there anything I can do with the fear of tv ?

Another thing that bothers me, when I leash the dog, the collar disappears which is super weird. Actually the dog spins and literally undresses the collar. How on earth can you leash a dog without a collar ? LOL

Sul Sul! Hooba Noobie?
Instructor
#123 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 3:14 AM
I absolutely love the new neighbourhood,and the pets are very fun,cute and realistic. I also like the CAP and all the different breeds,-so far so good. What bothers me is all the strays and ghosts. It´s heartbreaking to see and hear them all the time and its to much of it. And the fact that "my" pets gets dirty a lot for no reason and needs a bath every day makes me annoyed, especially when I trained both owner and dog to full. They also get sick very often imho. The red-nose syndrom mostly. All in all I feel that the overdid the vet-clinic thing, it becomes demanding and repetitive after a while. I did place some cats with single sims in San Mushyno, it works well. They seem to stay calmer, cleaner and healthier outside of Brindleton Bay for some reason. I suppose we can remove the clinic all together and play pets more like in the sims 2,or so I hope. My overall first impression was complete infatuation with the shores and the light in the new world, so I would probably buy the pack just for that reason.

"The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory. "
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#124 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 5:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by veronica55
Yes, I have done that several times. I leash him, go outside, encourage him but he won't learn. He won't pee inside the house and he also won't go pee outside unless my sim tells him to do so. Weird.

Also is there anything I can do with the fear of tv ?

Another thing that bothers me, when I leash the dog, the collar disappears which is super weird. Actually the dog spins and literally undresses the collar. How on earth can you leash a dog without a collar ? LOL

Have you tried changing his leash through Create a Pet?
Mad Poster
#125 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 10:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by veronica55
I think there is one more step after showing the where to go. When they are sitting by the door, use the option to "encourage them to relieve themselves" and they should go outside at that point.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Page 5 of 6