Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Apr 2014 at 2:42 AM Last edited by daphnegirl123 : 20th Apr 2014 at 2:58 AM.
Default Magical Girl- Madoka Kaname
Hi! This is my newest sim from the anime Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Madoka Kaname. I recently tried to upload her and she got rejected on terms of her being a Young Adult and the face needing work. In the anime she's an 8th grader but I had made her YA because of custom content. However, I changed her now to a Teen and was lucky that the dress I used works for teens as well. I also changed her face a bit from when I tried to upload. I would appreciate any input on her facial structure or anything else I could change. Thanks! I also made Mami Tomoe which I'll post here once Madoka is uploaded.

Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 27th Apr 2014 at 10:52 PM
Anyone have any input?
Scholar
#3 Old 28th Apr 2014 at 4:48 AM
You've made a good start! I think the eye shape/tilt is a bit off. They need to be more L) or arc shaped - perhaps level them by bring the outer corner down. I'd suggest making the nose a bit wider and flatter. (A side profile would help.) The character seems to have to always been smiling so maybe make both lips thicker up and down and turn up the outer corners just a touch. The hair and clothes look great! Mostly, I think the sim needs to look younger still.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 6th May 2014 at 1:25 AM
Great start! Madoka Magika is one of my favorite animes. A very interesting story and some plot twists I hadn't expected.

I have two suggestions: that you color the pupil of her eye a little bit darker if possible or may try another eye type/mask. With the iris and pupil at almost the same shade of pink, her eyes look kinda dead. Also, that you share an ingame picture of her smiling - while the sim must have a neutral expression, she's usually smiling in the story and it would be good to see if her smile is okay ingame.

Edit: can you share a picture of the child version, though? I'm not sure she'll look childish enough with the tall body of a young adult.

You want to know the Secret... so did I. Low in the dust I sought it, and on high. No agony of any mortal brain shall wrest the secret of the life of man. The Search has taught me that the Search is vain.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th May 2014 at 7:06 AM
Thanks for the tips and help so far! I've been sick the past week so not much energy to work on my sims.

And she's actually a teenager. I had originally
had her as a YA, but in these pictures she's a teen. I can definitely get a pic of how she'd look as a child, though. But I'm also going to try making her more young looking too as a teen, since the CC is really important to this sim. I'll have updates tomorrow, thanks!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th May 2014 at 7:40 PM Last edited by daphnegirl123 : 10th May 2014 at 8:54 PM.
I'm back! Finally, still was sick all week. Anyway, I did all the changes you guys suggested as well as just trying to make her look younger. I feel like I was definitely able to do that. I maxed out my sliders a bit more to help me with this. I was also able to get some of the accessories and such she was previously wearing as YA, and multiples of them as well. I did this with the NRASS cheats 'Adult accessories on Teens' and 'More than one accessory per category'. What else? Thanks! EDIT- I think there's a bit of distortion on the nose to fix.

Here she's smiling as one requested

Scholar
#7 Old 10th May 2014 at 10:37 PM
She's looking closer! Good work! I'd suggest smoothing out the bottom eyelid - it's a big jagged now. If you pull the eye forward, does that help? (They look really deep set.) The model's eyes appear to be just a little tilted up at the outer corner - not a lot - while the sim's eyes seem to tilt down at the outer corner. Raise the jaw as much as you can and shorten the chin, if possible. Maybe make the mouth less wide. Looking forward to an update!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 11th May 2014 at 2:48 AM Last edited by daphnegirl123 : 11th May 2014 at 3:28 AM.
Back with an update! So I fixed the eyes and some of the nose distortion. I tried shortening the face and such which I was able to a little, but too much of that and the face would get distorted. Same with making the mouth less wide. But here she is.

Test Subject
#9 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 7:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daphnegirl123
Back with an update! So I fixed the eyes and some of the nose distortion. I tried shortening the face and such which I was able to a little, but too much of that and the face would get distorted. Same with making the mouth less wide. But here she is.

I personaly prefered your first version.
Have you posted this mod already? Can't find it anywhere, am I too dumb or was it not accepted yet?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 8:25 PM
Hey, thanks. I actually really like my 2nd version vs my first or third. And no, I haven't posted it. I don't have access to my Sims 3 right now and haven't had the time to work on this sim... But I should soon! Hopefully this month.