Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jun 2023 at 8:02 AM Last edited by NatAgain88 : 4th Aug 2023 at 8:41 AM.
Default Instance Numbers of all District Icons, World Animation Icons and their Spritesheets
Hi there

i found all the instance numbers of all current neighborhood / district icons as well as all Residential and Destination World Animation Icons and their Spritesheets (little Animation that pops up for 2 seconds while you rest on a world with your mouse)

They can be found in the Client folder of your installed Sims 4 game (not the folder from Documents)
Windows: \The Sims 4\Data\Client
Mac OS X: right click on The Sims 4.app, Show Package Contents → /Contents/Data/Client

These icons are either in ClientDeltaBuild6.package or ClientDeltaBuild7.package or ClientDeltaBuild8.package

However to save anyone the search, i made a PDF for easy copy/paste the instance numbers…

Here is the link to download my PDF
(Edit: updated for Chestnut Ridge)

The Sims 4 creators have put these icons randomly in the mentioned packages, but i added an extra column in the PDF for you to see which icon is in which package.

In case you do not know how to replace the icons and animations according to this list, here are a few hints for you, please let me know whether anybody needs a more detailed tutorial and i will do that, as soon as i find the time:
1. You will need Sims 4 Studio (S4Studio) to open and search the above mentioned packages for the instance number provided in the PDF (its probably best to make a copy of the packages)
2. In S4Studio click on the icon you want, hit “Batch Export” (Do NOT change the name given, otherwise you will have to add the instance number again later), save it where you can find it
3. edit the exported PNGs in a picture editing software that can handle transparency (if you edit a World Animation, make sure the left and right side of each layer is loopable)
4. in S4Studio create a new empty package
5. in the created package, click on “Batch Import”, choose your editet PNG with the same name from the export, repeat this step for all PNGs you edited
6. save the package and put it in your Mods folder (make sure Mods are enabled in game settings)

Best wishes to You all and happy modding and picture editing
natAgain
2 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 8th Mar 2024 at 11:10 PM
Hey could this be updated for Tomarang? Thank you
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Apr 2024 at 12:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LunarBritney
Hey could this be updated for Tomarang? Thank you

Thanks for your request. Unfortunately the EP “For Rent” is the first pack with a new world that does not interest me at all, which means i’m not yet sure whether or not to buy it. Anyways, i will update this as soon as i find the time. Depending on my decision, i will add the instance numbers to the PDF or add a short tutorial to this post on how to find any new District Icon, World Animation and Spritesheet quickly. If You can’t wait i have a hint for You to finding it quickly by yourself: In Image Viewer open the mentioned packages ClientDeltaBuild (6 / 7 / 8) and filter for corresponding sizes (District Icons: Custom 40 x 40 // World Animation: Custom 512 x 512 // Spritesheet: Custom 2048 x 2048). Hope that helps. Happy simming!
Test Subject
#4 Old 24th Apr 2024 at 9:05 PM
Instance Number for Tomarang can be found in ClientDeltaBuild7
The number: D80F8D63515E137

It contains all 5 DST Images