Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 4:27 PM Last edited by celebkiriedhel : 9th Jul 2009 at 5:17 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime
How to restore an accidentally deleted sim? RESOLVED!
I (sorta) accidentally deleted sim in moveobjects on (when he froze talking to a toddler). :blush:

His thumbnail on the family bar has disappeared.

I've attempted to restore the game, but he's not in the earlier one either.

This is what I've tried so far:

1. Testingcheats enabled true; resetsim edward stone.
Result: Nothing happened.

1a. Testingcheats enable true; resetsim edward stone; quit (and save).
Result: Nothing Happened.

2. Sent a sim out, and called all sims home.
Result: Did not return with other sims.

3. Attempted to Call or invite him through the relationship panel
Result: no interactions available from the family panel.

I think he is still existing, as he still gets mail, exists on other people's relationships, and is on the family thumbnail when starting the game up.

I really want to restore him if I can - as he just made level 10 guitar, and he's got a bright future ahead of him.

I've looked through the list of cheats, and if there's a way to restore him using them - I've missed it.

Please Help if you can and would. Thanks very much.

Kiri

Simthing for everyone

"No Boom Today. Boom Tomorrow. Always Boom Tomorrow" - Ivanova (B5)
Having trouble with the Graphics card and Sims2? Feel free to pm me here, or in this forum at Leefish Sims 2 Graphic Cards
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 2:42 AM
Did you try hitting Ctrl + Z after deleting him?
That should have fixed the problem, but I don't think it'll work now.

<3
Test Subject
#3 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 4:26 AM
I deleted a baby sim (on purpose) but when i exited the family and returned the baby sim was back. have you tried that? maybe even restarting the game.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 12:26 PM
Hi Rock - thanks for that idea. I think you're right - it is a little too late by now. What does Ctrl+Z do?

enyline - that is what I was expecting to happen and it didn't. I did restart the game, and he hasn't come back.

Thanks for your thoughts on this though - I appreciate it!

Kiri

Simthing for everyone

Having trouble with the Graphics card and Sims2? Feel free to pm me here, or in this forum at Leefish Sims 2 Graphic Cards
Test Subject
#5 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 6:51 PM
Ctrl+Z is basically undo. I use it all the time if I move a piece of furniture somewhere by accident or if I accidentally delete a wall or something.

<3
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 3:44 AM
Ahh.... in that case... .it's all a little too late.

Thanks for helping though.

Kiri

Simthing for everyone

Theorist
#7 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 4:42 PM
If you're running Vista or Windows 7, try going into your Saves folder and right click on your saved game, then select "Restore Previous Versions". You might get lucky and one of the automatically backed-up saves is old enough to have that Sim in it.

Resident wet blanket.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 8:31 AM
Thanks GnatGoSplat - I'm on WindowsXP. But I hadn't thought about going through the system restores, I'll try that and see how I can go.

Thanks for the idea!

Kiri

Simthing for everyone

Theorist
#9 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 8:34 PM
Sorry to get your hopes up, XP doesn't have a "Restore Previous Versions" option. Unfortunately, the System Restore you're thinking of won't restore anything in your Documents folders so it's not going to help you. The feature I'm talking about is exclusive to Vista and Windows 7.

Resident wet blanket.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#10 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 8:47 PM
Does he sho0w up on the list of sims to go with your sim to rabbitholes? If so, you may be able to move him out as a separate family... but backup your save, I haven't tested this theory.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 6:12 PM
I'm not sure what a rabbithole is - but I will try the moving out method. Thanks for the idea.

Kiri

Simthing for everyone

Site Helper
#12 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 2:30 PM
"Rabbithole" is a term that people are using when talking about the community lots which you cannot see into (such as work locations, schools, stores, and restaurants), as opposed to the community lots that you actually get to play (such as the park and the library).
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 4:10 AM Last edited by celebkiriedhel : 9th Jul 2009 at 4:24 AM.
The Rabbithole visit with.... option doesn't include the sim.

Kiri

P.S.

I tried moving them out of the house - and it allowed Edward to Move, but still didn't create an action thumbnail for him.

I think he's gone forever.

Simthing for everyone

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 5:17 AM
RESOLUTION!!!

To Restore an accidentally deleted sim.

1. Save the sims.backup somewhere else.
2. Move all the non-deleted sims out of the lot, and change active household to the new home.
3. Choose Edit-Town, and 'Change Active Household', then select the original household. Lo and Behold they're back again!!!!
4. While still in edit-town, merge the moved-out sim household back to the original.
5. Return to Game.

The whole family is back together again!!!! PHEW!!!

Simthing for everyone

Test Subject
#15 Old 9th May 2015 at 11:32 PM
JUST FOR ANYONE WHO MIGHT HAVE THIS PROBLEM NOW: Do NOT quit your game. If you've deleted your sim with a cheat or by deleting an OMSP they were on and have left buy mode, then just, as they said, press Cltr Z. If you haven't left buy mode, just press undo. If you've left buy mode and stupidly pressed Save & Quit (me) don't panic like I did! What you need to do is this: while it's saving, navigate to your Saves folder and take out the saves (regular and backup) and put it on your desktop. Because you put it on your desktop and it's not in the Saves folder while it's saving, a new folder will replace it. Delete this new save folder and replace it with the old one. If you are gone past the save & quit save and have an XP computer (jk The Sims doesn't work on an XP computer) then there's nothing you can do. BUUUT, if you have a different system that has the option to "Restore Previous Versions" for folders, etc, then this will work for you. Right-click the last save folder and select "Restore Previous Versions" option. Select the last time you saved your game, before you deleted your sim. Once it is restored, replace the save folder.
Test Subject
#16 Old 29th Jul 2015 at 11:00 PM
I know this is late but I have an easy solution that wont corrupt or make you lose your game. Go to edit town mode and then merge your deleted sims with another household. Go back to the game and then re-enter edit town mode and remerge your sims with your original household and they will be standing outside of the house. I know this cuz I accidentally deleted two sims lol