Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 5:55 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Calling to adopt a pet, freezes sim?
Hng, pets. So, on the occasion that I use the phone to adopt a pet, the choice menu rarely show up with the pet portraits and such, instead the sim bugs out and freezes, and then entire game slooooows down. Usually jump out of it by pausing when I can and resetting the sim. But it's getting annoying having to go to community lots/CAS for pets all the time.
Any ideas?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 6:12 PM
What mods do you have that effect phones or pets? Are they up to date to your latest EP?

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 10:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
What mods do you have that effect phones or pets? Are they up to date to your latest EP?

I don't use any mods regarding any items themselves. Just defaults, really. But all fo the mods I do use like inteen are updated fully.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 10:41 AM
Have you tried just leaving it alone for a few minutes and seeing if it fixes itself. The first time you ring it's normal for the game to slow down depending on your computer specs as the game is generating the new pets. Bit like how the game lags badly the first time it creates a witch.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~