Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 11:07 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Lag only on home lot, in one save only
This is a bit of a weird one, but today I noticed that with one of my families the home lot (it's an apartment) is lagging and it's driving me crazy. When I searched around for any answers I'm just getting the usual possible causes for lag in general but as this is only happening with one family on one lot (if I send her to a community lot for instance everything is fine) I'm stumped. My other sim that I have been playing for a few months (in the same neighborhood, just a different lot) is lag free, and I checked in with a few other families in the neighborhood and there doesn't seem to be any lag issues with any of them either.

For some background, this is a single sim household and always has been. This was the second apartment complex I moved her to in the neighborhood. Lot was 3x3, 3 other apartments, nothing huge. The first apartment as far as I can remember was fine, no lag. Is it possible that moving her to a different lot is the cause and she's somehow corrupted? I got fed up and moved her again to a 3rd lot just to see what would happen and it's the same thing - lagging home lot but community lots are perfect. I'm aware that when you want to move a sim to a different neighborhood you should do it through SimPE to avoid any issues but I thought moving a sim within the same neighborhood didn't require any special treatment, am I mistaken?

I really don't want to end up losing the sim because I've played her for a while, she's intertwined with most of the neighborhood and is in a relationship with my other sim who I play a lot so I'd probably end up having to ditch the neighborhood which I built from scratch. If anyone could shed some light on this it would be greatly appreciated!

ETA: I'm playing the Ultimate Collection, downloaded from Origin.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 11:13 PM
So it's the sim lagging the lot not anything on the lot? I take it she isn't taking a lot of NPC making content along with her such as Becks farm chickens and the like? Since she is an apartment dweller I doubt that lol.

Are you using No Sim Loaded by Boiling Oil? Put that on and burn of tokens and gossip is you aren't. Then use the Bat Box and burn of trash memories and anything else you can find to burn off.

If she is still lagging after that check how much high poly cc she has on. Some necklaces run into the thousands.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 11:18 PM
When you say you moved her, how did you do that? Did you move the sim out to the sim bin or move the sim within the lot? When you're using the batbox, have a look and see if any unusual options turn up on it (have a look under 'fix' in particular). Also, do you play with Debug Mode on? If not, it's worth turning it on and again seeing if any new or unusual options turn up on the batbox (you get extra options with Debug Mode on).

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 11:33 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. I feel really stupid because I'm mainly a TS3 player and I'm not up to speed on TS2 stuff especially regarding mods.

@joandsarah77 I'm not using either of those, will check them out and see what happens thanks a lot. I did check on the CC front and just put her in a plain old maxis outfit but it made no difference. Also the apartment was basically empty so I don't believe it's any object in particular causing it. The lag also followed her to a fresh unfurnished apartment. I'm afraid I have no idea what Becks farm chickens are haha, some sort of CC?

@maxon, yeah I moved her to the sim bin and then into a new lot. It is okay to do what within the same neighborhood right? I will indeed do what you've suggested and see what turns up, thanks for the help!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 11:38 PM
Yes, you'd know if you'd DL the farm animals.

Yes, it should be ok to move a sim out to the bin and into a new lot. I do it all the time. If it's not high poly CC as suggested by Jo, it's likely there's something stuck somewhere. The easy fix for that is to move your sim out and back into a lot (either a new one or the same one) but you did that already. The other thing to say is that apartments are notorious for being flaky. Did you try her on a non-apartment lot? Have you tried playing with Debug Mode on and seeing if there's an error message?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 11:49 PM
How large was the apartment? If it has many units and you are not using a mod to stop them, the game will fill each unit with an AL social townie. Long ago I build this apartment with a stack of rooms and all these townies came pouring in to claim each unit until the place turned into a crawl.

Yeah Becks farm animals including chickens are cc. They create an NPC file so can't be removed, but I have to be careful only to place a few or the lot using them will go to a crawl.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 12:11 AM
@maxon, You know what I didn't try a residential lot just different apartments- I will try that tomorrow when I get a chance. Maybe the apartments are just gone weird, but I've never had an issue with them before and my other apartment is doing fine. I always like apartment living for my sims so I hope I won't have to give that up!

@joandsarah77, Ahhh I see, I was like farm chickens, what?? Should I know about this? Haha!
It wasn't a large place, 4 apartments in total and they were small. It was a maxis made lot actually. The last place I moved her to was just a duplex so I don't think lot size is the problem.

Anyway I'll see what turns up with batbox and debug mode, thanks again for the suggestions guys.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 12:32 AM
Okay Debug is automatically throwing up an error as soon as I enter the lot - Error with object controller climate - #904. Error: Too many iterations. Resetting doesn't work but deleting it immediately gets rid of the lag but then that means there would be no weather on the lot right? Is there any way to fix this?