Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Oct 2018 at 9:39 AM
Default Cars in Sims4
@Fresh Prince, have you stopped designing vehicles for Sims 4? If so, does anyone else have any cars for Sims 4?

Greatly appreciate it!
Advertisement
Scholar
#3 Old 28th Oct 2018 at 10:29 AM
Unless you want to be patient, it looks like they are coming, as I have heard them say about the upcoming EP is We haven't added cars in "Yet". So won't be this year.
Instructor
#4 Old 28th Oct 2018 at 11:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Unsearchably
No he just started charging money for his Sims 3 cars instead, the schmuck.

I had no idea. When did this happen?

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Instructor
#5 Old 28th Oct 2018 at 2:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
https://www.freshprincecreations.com/faq

I don't spend all of my time staring at cars when I'm playing. I can think of better things to stare at... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I've never been particularly enamored with cars myself, but still... I remember him from back in TS3's heyday. That's just sad.

Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 28th Oct 2018 at 3:53 PM
He made great vehicles for Sims 2, as well.
Instructor
#7 Old 28th Oct 2018 at 4:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SusannaG
He made great vehicles for Sims 2, as well.

Ah...better times.

Mad Poster
#8 Old 28th Oct 2018 at 4:39 PM
No he just started charging money for his Sims 3 cars instead, the schmuck.

He's only charging money for personalized/customized cars of his standard cars. Y'know... ricers. His standard cars are still free.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
#10 Old 28th Oct 2018 at 9:21 PM
I think he has, they're ripped from various major racing games. Forza Motorsport, Need for Speed, Assetto Corsa, that sort of stuff. I don't mind that some of them are paid for; they're usually just variations of freely available cars.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 28th Oct 2018 at 9:50 PM
Charging money for ripped copyrighted content already to put in a game which states by it's EULA that users and creators must not earn money off of content made from and for the game... yeah he is in the illegal teritory and not even for his own original content. That's definitely not nice.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 29th Oct 2018 at 11:55 AM
Come to think of it I don't remember him ever even mentioning where he got the models from, at least not on the site or in a readme file.

He used to have a disclaimer on the top of his old-old site (The brightly coloured one that came before the wood one) stating and giving credit to Ubisoft, EA, and Turn10 for the models. Which means his models mostly come/came from Forza Motorsport 3/4, Driver: San Francisco, and various Need for Speed games.

Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 29th Oct 2018 at 12:32 PM
There are creators that violate legal rights that EA stated with EULA but... I wouldn't mind paying for original quality content that's on par with EA's or even better... but these are just ripped models. I wonder how he has the audacity to charge for unoriginal content?
Mad Poster
#14 Old 29th Oct 2018 at 2:38 PM
It's all very easy when you don't believe in copyright. I don't; works out just fine for me.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#15 Old 29th Oct 2018 at 4:35 PM
EA would be in no position to make such a argument considering how long they were chummy with sites like TSR and allowed them to charge for content for many years.

Oh, no doubt. They totally have no room to complain if they have a problem with what he's doing. That said...charging money for mods and custom content is still kinda scummy. Patreon early access is one thing. But Fresh Prince's little premium situation is something I can't really support. But hey, at least he's not stealing other people's mods and putting them on his paysite (seriously, how is that guy still getting away with that? XD)

The Receptacle still lives!
Mad Poster
#16 Old 29th Oct 2018 at 8:55 PM
I thought about this all morning. I even asked for opinions of those that don't play sims because I honestly thought I was missing something.

In all seriousness, how is paying somebody on Patreon which is still paying for mods or cc any different than what Fresh Prince is doing? I'm not defending Fresh Prince or anybody else that puts their content behind a paywall, but I don't understand how paying Paul is different from paying Peter when even yourself said that charging money for such content is scummy.

How is the scummy factor defined?

It's different when you do what, say, Sacrificial does and lets his Patreon sponsors get early access to his mods that he intends to release for free. Everyone still gets the mod for free. But if you donate, you get it, like, two weeks early.

The Receptacle still lives!
Scholar
#17 Old 29th Oct 2018 at 11:00 PM
I thought about this all morning. I even asked for opinions of those that don't play sims because I honestly thought I was missing something.

In all seriousness, how is paying somebody on Patreon which is still paying for mods or cc any different than what Fresh Prince is doing? I'm not defending Fresh Prince or anybody else that puts their content behind a paywall, but I don't understand how paying Paul is different from paying Peter when even yourself said that charging money for such content is scummy.

How is the scummy factor defined?

Patreon is like donation I would say. Atleast in my case though I haven't made any money yet :p

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Mad Poster
#19 Old 31st Oct 2018 at 3:11 PM
There was this guy who used to make classic cars for NFS Most Wanted. Made his own models from scratch, really good ones too. I'm pretty sure at least a few of F-P's cars use those models. Don't remember what his name was, I'd go digging through NFSCars to find the mods but it's like digging through a toilet full of aids infected needles these days.

Robint76 or something very similar to that. Robin, as I shall call him, was credited for the 1972 Plymouth Fury III on F-P's site. F-P's new revision has seemingly got rid of most of the credits and disclaimers he had had once.