Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Oct 2018 at 9:39 AM
Default Lag! Gaaaaaaah!
Is anyone else experiencing lag so bad that it makes the game unplayable? My sims stand around doing nothing for hours. Heaven forbid they have to use the toilet, go to bed, actually wash the dishes in their hands, or throw something out, because then they will stand there FOREVER!!!!!!!! And what does EA say to do about it, you ask? Lower graphics, start a new game, take out all of the cc that is required to make sims 4 enjoyable in the first place, or (and this is my favorite bit) get a better computer! WITAF? Hummph. Just needed a forum to vent about this with other simmers.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 31st Oct 2018 at 9:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jjonewell1977
Is anyone else experiencing lag so bad that it makes the game unplayable? My sims stand around doing nothing for hours. Heaven forbid they have to use the toilet, go to bed, actually wash the dishes in their hands, or throw something out, because then they will stand there FOREVER!!!!!!!! And what does EA say to do about it, you ask? Lower graphics, start a new game, take out all of the cc that is required to make sims 4 enjoyable in the first place, or (and this is my favorite bit) get a better computer! WITAF? Hummph. Just needed a forum to vent about this with other simmers.

I get this thing that happens when I first go into the game and it takes forever for my sims pictures to load when I click in the households or go into manage households and when I go into CAS or into the household it goes super slow. I don't know if this is because I have maybe 250 sims in my game, but I have my sims limit set to the recommended 200 and only have like 182 in my played household list. Usually when I wait for it to load it clears up the problem but again it's very strange and never happened before the seasons patch. I also have this thing where I will give my sim a command and they will stand there do this weird, " *inhales* ahh yibs" or an, "awkward laugh", then do what they are commanded to do. It's freaking annoying. If I play a save over a long period of time I start to get the lag you're talking about. Where sims stand around and do nothing then after a while they do. It's not as extreme as your but it's bad. It's to the point where I shut.my game off and uninstall which I have done several times since seasons was released as that was when it got this bad. I just upgraded my desktop last March for this game just so my graphics card could handle it on ultra (as when played before it would shut my whole computer down when I played on ultra) so there is no freaking way I'm lowering my setting when I specifically bought a graphics card well over what is needed and when I wasn't having this problem prior to the seasons patch. I find it crazy that they automatically think it's your system causing the issues. It's fine. We all need to vent. This has been going on for months now. Not to add the bugs already in existence. I really hope this next patch update fixes a lot of these issues.
Test Subject
#3 Old 31st Oct 2018 at 11:11 AM
I've noticed some kind of delay lag or failure to perform actions whenever I get far into a game save, generally a few of generations down the line with multiple families intertwining throughout the neighborhoods. This is happening even if I am frequently creating a new save file for my game (I'm a huge fan of saving my games as V1.00, V1.01, V1.02 etc) or actively culling pointless sims to keep the sim count deliberately low (my current game got about 50sims and it still happens).
But I don't get this lag or bug all the time, but frequently enough for me to have noticed a pattern when it starts occurring in my games, it is when I get far into a game save. Never happens in new games. Whenever I notice one sim getting "stuck" like and idiot I Debug it's ass, and queue the action up again, doesn't always help on the first try but usually that sorts it out.

I got a really powerful costume build computer with always updated drivers so I highly doubt this is related to my hardware or software in any shape or form. It is something with the game, in my own case I believe, something which happens when I've played a game through a few generations.
One Minute Ninja'd
#4 Old 31st Oct 2018 at 2:12 PM
I get the same after a while. For me it's the second generation where it starts being a noticeable problem. I wouldn't feel so bad if I had to move the family to a "fresh" world, but unlike TS3, I can't save a family with the house to place, but rather split them up, in which case I lose the inventory items associated with the household. That, or I'm too stupid to figure out how to "migrate" a family intact with their home from one save to another. If there's a way to do this, please share as I haven't found it yet.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 2nd Nov 2018 at 3:58 PM
I've never experienced any lag no matter which Sims game I've played.
Scholar
#6 Old 8th Nov 2018 at 8:41 AM
I get a little lag, sometimes I get that thing where tehy stand there and do nothing, so I reset the sim and they carry on. But nothing like you described. I recently moved my game to the D drive freeing up nearly half of the almost full C so let's see how it affects the game...