Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jun 2014 at 9:48 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default How do you clear the family bin?
Hi, I have a question. I have a neighbourhood that works perfectly, except that whenever you click on the family bin in neighbourhood view, the entire thing freezes with the ingame hourglass (I've waited up to an hour at a time) and then "ices over" with the circle cursor if you click on it, and I have to shut down the game via task manager. I have no families with connections to anybody in this bin (just maybe five families of fresh sims that mean nothing to me), so how would I go about clearing that out? Every other neighbourhood works fine, and I can access CAS without issue in those neighbourhoods. I just need to get rid of these families. I'm 99% sure that they have no connections to any sims in the neighbourhood, so corruption isn't an issue.

Thanks!

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 20th Jun 2014 at 10:35 PM
The only safe way to remove the bin families is to Install neighborhood templates which do not contain the bin families, so that they are never added to your neighborhood.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 20th Jun 2014 at 10:46 PM
Since they are already there and you don't want them, move them all onto a lot and either kill them or be nice and toss a simlogical prisoner tag into their inventory so they don't show up on community lots. This may or may not prevent them from coming home with your sim from work-not really sure on that. Probably best to make them quit their jobs as well.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#4 Old 20th Jun 2014 at 11:32 PM Last edited by gummilutt : 21st Jun 2014 at 1:02 AM. Reason: Fixed brain fart
Jo, I believe what DS is saying is that s/he can't do that as trying to open it will freeze the game. No way to move them into houses if you can't choose them from the bin, unless you summon them in a household and use a mod. Which is what I'd try, if I were DS. Use mods to summon them and then move them into a household. But back up game first, in case they are bugged in even more ways.

Corruption IS an issue. It doesn't matter if they know anyone or not. Even if you delete a Sim two seconds after creating it in CAS, once it's hit the sim bin, it's corruption-inducing to remove it. So deleting those families would corrupt your hood.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 21st Jun 2014 at 12:02 AM
Use one of your families in the hood and teleport them in and just kill them off or turn them in to townies. http://www.drealm.info/simlogical/s...Teleporters.htm

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st Jun 2014 at 12:31 AM
Good idea, marka93 - I'll try that now. And yes, I can't open it or the game locks up. You hit the button, the game locks up. It's not the bin families, Moo - I have clean templates. These are families I created in CAS. I like marka93's idea so I'll try that now.

This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 21st Jun 2014 at 12:44 AM
Sorry this was one of the first posts I made this morning and I wasn't seeing she couldn't open the bin at all. I would do as mark93 in that case, use a teleporter. I would be worried about corruption. I would make the game generate a new sims 2 folder and then move everything across.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 23rd Jun 2014 at 12:43 AM
I just moved all of the families into a lot via inSIMenator and am just gonna leave them there. It worked!