Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Aug 2014 at 5:50 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Twikkii Island Occupied hotel won't load
My Specs:
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Core i7 @2.67 GHz
15 GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series - Driver ver:8.970.100.1100

My sims are on vacation at Twikkii Island. They're staying in a custom hotel. They are on day 1 of a 3 day vacation. They went surfing and then I saved the game. When the game finished saving, it went back to gameplay but my sims were frozen. I could still hear the ocean and see the waves. I forced shut down the game through the task manager and then reloaded the game.

I went to their residential neighborhood to play them. A window popped up to say they were away visiting another lot. I clicked yes to play the lot. Then the Twikkii Island loading screen came up and after a while it changed to the lot's loading screen. 30+ minutes later, it's still on that screen. The hourglass is still moving. I shut down the game.

I reloaded the game and this time I went to Twikkii Island first and entered the lot. Again, the lot wouldn't load. This is my first time using this lot. I downloaded it today.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 12:28 AM
Problem solved! I deleted the surfing CC. I was able to get on the lot. My sims were still in the water but had no surfboards. One problem that I did notice was that one of my sims was up in the air. I made her walk and she came down but that behavior didn't stop for the rest of their vacation. For instance, she ate in the air and slept in the air. At random times, she would just walk and then stop in the air. Now that their vacation is over and they're back home, I haven't witnessed her going up in the air anymore (fortunately!).
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 3:50 PM
oooo - eeek. Unfortunately, that surfing mod can cause corruption problems if deleted.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc