Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jul 2015 at 3:38 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Game lagging in some tall buildings buildings with Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
Hi there. I was trying get the game to work on more faster NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M, but It end up impossible so far to fix it unless a patch came to fix it. Guess I only have to play on Intel HD 4600 for now.

I was having a problem on a apartment building that was tall and it gets slower and more lagging when I go up each floor. I was using the Alienware 17 R2, memory is 8 gb ram. and my cpu is the Intel Core i7 which is 2.50GHz (with a 3.5GHz w/ Turbo Boost which I'm not sure how to work clearly). Also my cpu is locked. I tried low quality settings and it still lagging. Is there anyone that can help me get this thing to work smoother and faster without lagging at all.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th Jul 2015 at 4:19 AM
You could try turning off neighbours and shadows. Myself I only use such buildings as deco. if I really wanted to play one I would knock a whole heap of stories off the top. I have 12 Ram and a NVIDEA 9800 card.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Jul 2015 at 4:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
You could try turning off neighbours and shadows. Myself I only use such buildings as deco. if I really wanted to play one I would knock a whole heap of stories off the top. I have 12 Ram and a NVIDEA 9800 card.

Does not help clear all the lag.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 4th Jul 2015 at 6:21 AM
I make a lot of skyscraper lots, so for all I know, this is a building I designed myself that you're having trouble with! What I find works best is, like jo suggested, to make sure your settings are pretty minimal, and I would also mention that if it doesn't bother you, turn on "Object Hiding," so that your computer isn't having to render a dozen floors of objects below the one you're on right now. You may also have some luck with changing your camera placement- on high structures, using a low-angle camera position (looking through a building instead of down on it) helps keep so many objects and elements from being in your view and needing to be rendered. The last thing I'll mention is just to keep in mind that even if it's a tiny lot at its base, a skyscraper can easily have just as much on it as the largest mansion, and it'll be just as hard for your computer to handle, so you're more likely to see some lag... Hope this helps at least a bit!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.