Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Sep 2018 at 12:28 AM
Vampire Recipes with Garlic?
How does my Vampire in Sims 4 create a Sunlight Reversal Cocktail (which requires 2 garlic) and others if, as a vampire, I am unable to use garlic? Is there a trick? I have a mod to give me garlic in-game. That didn't work. I tried buying garlic at the market. That didn't work. Oh, the garlic is in my inventory, but nothing I do will get my Vampire to add it to a recipe or for the recipes to even see I have it! If I try to grow my own, the garlic plant changes instantly into an onion plant. I realize garlic is a vampire's nemesis, so why put it as an ingredient in their drink recipes? Is there a fix?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 27th Sep 2018 at 7:53 AM
Give the vampire a human slave duh.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Smeg Head
#3 Old 28th Sep 2018 at 8:17 PM
Personally, to get round this, I modded all the vamp drinks to be something that can be generated on Drinks Trays or in a special fridge. Cutting out the garlic middle man. Though, for normal play, is it possible to get a Vamp Perk that negates the garlic effect? I could be wrong and memory playing tricks on me, but is there such a perk? And If not, Why Not!!!

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Field Researcher
#4 Old 29th Sep 2018 at 5:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
Personally, to get round this, I modded all the vamp drinks to be something that can be generated on Drinks Trays or in a special fridge. Cutting out the garlic middle man. Though, for normal play, is it possible to get a Vamp Perk that negates the garlic effect? I could be wrong and memory playing tricks on me, but is there such a perk? And If not, Why Not!!!

Yes there is a perk to negates the garlic power it is one of the first I get all the time.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Nov 2018 at 8:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1

I had the perk selected, but didn't help. I think my game was glitched? I started a new vampire, chose that perk and it works great now. Must be gremlins!
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 13th Nov 2018 at 9:05 PM
Method 1: Immune to garlic vampire reward costs 1 point.
Method 2: buy garlic "seeds", only open them before you make the sunlight reversal.

Sims are better than us.