Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 7:39 AM Last edited by Edorenel : 17th Sep 2018 at 12:21 AM. Reason: Solved/Fixed!
HELP! TSWR Won't Open on my PC.
Update 09/16/2018: Thanks to Lyralei (AKA @greenplumbboblover) over at MTS, I was able to fix TSRW! Hurray!!! How? I downloaded the TSRW Lyralei shared on her Tumblr page. Thank you!!!

Update 2: JUST KIDDING!!! Actually, it leads me straight into a different error now, which is in this screenshot below.

“Could not load game folder contents. Folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\Packages. Error: Invalid DBPF file. Magic does not match.”

TSRW decided to never open up again after I closed it to eat dinner. (I was so close to finishing a project, too!) Nothing happens when I open the program. No green splash screen like you see when you first open TSRW. No indication of it opening and working, not even in the taskbar. Complete nothingness. I’ve already uninstalled/reinstalled it, tried double-clicking on it, and right-clicking on TSRW > Open, ran TSRW as an admin… Nothing works.

HELP!!! How do I get it to open in Windows 10?

"Tomorrow may be hell, but today was a good writing day, and on the good writing days nothing else matters." - Neil Gaiman

Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 12:53 PM Last edited by Lyralei : 16th Sep 2018 at 12:55 PM. Reason: WHat is english :P
Hi @Edorenel !

One thing i always forget about are these popups that appear before the green splash screen appears. It never shows up in the icons bar at the bottom of your screen and I always have to hide all the tabs because it’s allthe way displayed in the background. Its a tiny popup asking you to fetch data to get info like the latest version, etc. that’s really the only thing i can think of that might be the problem, especially if it worked before.

Let me know if that worked! TSRW can be weird and confusing from time to time :P
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 11:50 PM
I updated this post because while TSRW worked in the beginning, as shown in the screenshot above, it now has that error pop-up.

"Tomorrow may be hell, but today was a good writing day, and on the good writing days nothing else matters." - Neil Gaiman

Scholar
#4 Old 18th Sep 2018 at 3:20 PM
You're using Steam version? So it's a little hard for me to say. But since the program is saying can't open the file, it could be because it doesn't have permission. Try opening it in administrator mode. Right click and run as admin. Maybe that would solve the problem. Maybe.

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#5 Old 18th Sep 2018 at 8:00 PM
Hi @Edorenel !

Given the time frame you deleted/edited stuff I guess it's still giving errors right? Although it seems the picture is a bit too small for me to actually read the error :/ do you happen to have either a cropped version or a bigger version? If not, I guess spelling it out will do too
Scholar
#6 Old 18th Sep 2018 at 8:43 PM
Following up on Lyralei, you can upload the image right in the forum. It's much easier as well and the picture is pretty large usually.

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Sep 2018 at 10:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lyralei
Hi @Edorenel !

Given the time frame you deleted/edited stuff I guess it's still giving errors right? Although it seems the picture is a bit too small for me to actually read the error :/ do you happen to have either a cropped version or a bigger version? If not, I guess spelling it out will do too

Ah! Sorry. The error reads: “Could not load game folder contents. Folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\Packages. Error: Invalid DBPF file. Magic does not match.”.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 18th Sep 2018 at 10:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PuddingFace
You're using Steam version? So it's a little hard for me to say. But since the program is saying can't open the file, it could be because it doesn't have permission. Try opening it in administrator mode. Right click and run as admin. Maybe that would solve the problem. Maybe.

Sadly, it has not solved the problem. I have tried running it as an admin. I still receive that same error message.