Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Sep 2013 at 5:09 PM
Default Most of the xm sims 2 free hairs missing ?
Hi guys, first of all pardon my english please, i'm a frenchie... I don't really know if it is the best thread to post my question, but I think so... Please tell me if I'm wrong ?
Well, I've recently tried to check XM sims old hairstyles for sims 2 (nostalgia), and, sadly, it appears that they're all missing ?... I got 404 error everytime i click on the picture to get the mesh, or even the hair colors. What happened ? Will that wonderful site be available again, soon or later ? And if not, WCIF these awesome meshes that I really miss ?

Here is the site : http://www.xmsims.com/sims2/ehtm/main/index.htm

Thank you all for your help.

Dreamie -
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 25th Sep 2013 at 8:36 AM
I'd like to know if these are hosted anywhere else, too. Some of these meshes are perfect for my sims, but I can't do anything without the meshes...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Sep 2013 at 1:01 AM
The meshes I'd really like to find now, are the n°06, 08, 09, 18, 19, 36, 68, 90, 96. If anyone could share them, even in a private message, please... Thank you all :3 I saw that Peggysims is down too, now. Dunno what happens with all these sites ? That's really sad, they were so cool...
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 27th Sep 2013 at 1:13 AM
Try sending an email to Flora at XMSims, she responded very quickly when I emailed her a while back, even though she struggles with English.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
#5 Old 27th Sep 2013 at 9:48 AM Last edited by jkamartinek : 27th Sep 2013 at 11:43 AM.
I was having trouble with the site as well and Mootilda had mentioned that there was a problem with people in the states being able to access the downloads and that I would need to look into a proxy server, maybe this advise would be an answer to your difficulties as well.

I do not know how to use a proxy server so if anyone knows where the files can be found available for those of us in america, I would be grateful.
Site Helper
#6 Old 27th Sep 2013 at 6:39 PM
The wiki has a list of several proxies. That might be a good place to start.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proxy_...b_proxy_servers
Field Researcher
#7 Old 27th Sep 2013 at 7:51 PM
It has nothing to do with the state you're in. I also cannot download any of the older hair by Sue or Flora. Only death's hairs are still available as far as I see
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 27th Sep 2013 at 10:51 PM
Wow, thank you very much for your answers !!
I've had the idea to contact her but I didn't got the time yet. Think that's what I will do !
Oh, and I'm not in the US, but I can't access the site anyway. It seems to be really dead.. Sadly.
The second solution seems really complicated for my poor little brain, hehe.
Whatever, thank you again
Test Subject
#9 Old 2nd Nov 2013 at 5:40 PM
So let me ask if she answered you and did you get what you wanted? I would love to download some of old files from xmsims, but got the same problem as you. :S
Mad Poster
#10 Old 3rd Nov 2013 at 1:46 AM
I emailed her recently and got no response. I'm in NZ, so it definite isn't just an American problem.
Test Subject
#11 Old 28th Nov 2013 at 12:43 AM
I know what to do!!! Go to this link: http://web.archive.org/web/20100206...p://xmsims.com/ (Its a special one that will work!)
Test Subject
#12 Old 28th Nov 2013 at 2:09 AM
I completely forgot about the waybackmachine, and I tried it myself. It works on my end, and I was hoping for a solution to the XMSim situation.
Test Subject
#13 Old 28th Nov 2013 at 6:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by elfsnowy
I know what to do!!! Go to this link: http://web.archive.org/web/20100206...p://xmsims.com/ (Its a special one that will work!)

Thank you very much! :lovestruc I was looking for one of the XM hairmeshes almost two weeks and now I can download it! I'm just happy now! Thank you very very very much! :lovestruc
Test Subject
#14 Old 3rd Dec 2013 at 10:17 AM
hi i have a problem, can't download any hairstyles from xm sims but clothes work fine plz help me
Scholar
#15 Old 3rd Dec 2013 at 12:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mermaidprincess2013
hi i have a problem, can't download any hairstyles from xm sims but clothes work fine plz help me

Did you try the link in elfsnowy's post?
Test Subject
#16 Old 3rd Dec 2013 at 4:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by katreina
Did you try the link in elfsnowy's post?

I tried that link and can't download any of the hairstyles/colours, so...
Scholar
#17 Old 3rd Dec 2013 at 7:39 PM
I just tried a few at random and they're downloading fine for me. To download the hair meshes you just click on the picture of the hair. For the colors click on the color names above the pic
Field Researcher
#18 Old 4th Dec 2013 at 9:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by katreina
I just tried a few at random and they're downloading fine for me. To download the hair meshes you just click on the picture of the hair. For the colors click on the color names above the pic

Nope, still not working the normal way. Only the newest files by death alias alex are available and those are the ones I personally like least and would never use
Test Subject
#19 Old 4th Dec 2013 at 11:54 PM
Default Thank you soooo much!!!

I use to have a lot of these hair styles several years ago. I lost them all when my computer crashed. I had stopped playing Sims 2 for quite a long while. I resently pulled out the old DVDs and loaded them all again. I too was very disappointed when I discovered I couldn't download them again. Thank you sooo much for taking the time to post this link. I know there are many of us die-hard Sims 2 players that are thrilled.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 8th Dec 2013 at 3:21 AM

ok so i go on your link and guess what? i go on hairs then i go to page 53 and download the hair mesh of hair 2 page 53 and then it says something like currently unavailable and it was different from the Not found one on the normal site i really want to download the old hairstyles! they were the best and i don't have them xm sims is my favorite cc site than isn't a forum (the one with the forum is mts obviously) but anyway i really want to be able to use Flora's Hairstyles they are so cute! but so unavailable!
Test Subject
#21 Old 8th Dec 2013 at 7:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Just_Tweens
ok so i go on your link and guess what? i go on hairs then i go to page 53 and download the hair mesh of hair 2 page 53 and then it says something like currently unavailable and it was different from the Not found one on the normal site i really want to download the old hairstyles! they were the best and i don't have them xm sims is my favorite cc site than isn't a forum (the one with the forum is mts obviously) but anyway i really want to be able to use Flora's Hairstyles they are so cute! but so unavailable!

Same here! I've wanted the hair on page 53 the most and it still doesn't work.
I downloaded a few other nice ones, so atleast I got some of them.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 9th Dec 2013 at 7:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VampireRockstar
Same here! I've wanted the hair on page 53 the most and it still doesn't work.
I downloaded a few other nice ones, so atleast I got some of them.

yeah i tested another hairstyle it was the newest one at that time and guess what? the download worked! i can't really say the same for the ones older that 53 i will test them soon but atleast the more recent ones (in the special link) work! :D
Inventor
#23 Old 9th Dec 2013 at 7:52 AM
There are some of XM's hairs uploaded here http://simscave.mustbedestroyed.org...p?topic=31093.0 in this thread. I'm mookie over there and got lazy and never uploaded the ones I mention having in that thread , but still happy to send links via pm here or there to anyone that wants the ones I have. As I mention over there , not a big fan of their textures so most of what I have is their meshes with a different creators retextures.

Shotgunning bland cucumbers since 1974
Test Subject
#24 Old 17th Dec 2013 at 10:21 PM
Default hi
hi can someone please send me the email adress for flora, i'm havign trouble accessing the contact page at xmsims thanks
Test Subject
#25 Old 27th Dec 2013 at 1:10 PM Last edited by MTimcanpy : 27th Dec 2013 at 5:48 PM.
Hello,
I've tried and downloaded some of the hair meshes there but when I play the sims the just don't even appear! Any solutions yet?
---- EDIT ----
Problem solved! I just had to download the hair colors! XD Everything's ok for me!
Page 1 of 2