Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 5:29 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 10th Apr 2015 at 5:42 AM.
Default 2 tile long child's unisex bed
I have rebecah's lovely 2 tile princess bed, but it's very girly and most boys would not want a bed like that. I am wondering if there are any more around that are more unisex?
I want this for children not toddlers.

Edit: Made the title more clear.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 5:31 AM
I haven't tested this, but I found it under the Kids Bedrooms set. It doesn't specify if it's for toddlers or children.

http://www.thesimsresource.com/down...ound/id/988245/

Not-so-daily TS2 downloads @ my simblr.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 5:36 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 10th Apr 2015 at 5:58 AM.
Posting so I can see your post. (the board is ridiculous for me)

Ah sorry, I should be more clear, I don't mean 2 tile wide, I mean 2 tile long because of all of my teeny tiny houses. Here is Bek's Princess bed so you can see.http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=312770 It is 2 tiles long and 1 tile wide, the same size as a regular cot but it sleeps children.

"Please help me get another bed!" Really he did not look at all happy.

He is shoved into the corner of his parents room until his younger sister becomes a child and then they can have some bunks in the room all the toddler stuff is now in.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 7:51 AM
There's a 2-tile bed cloned from Rebecah's princess bed that matches the Hansen set by jaccirocker here

I'm not sure if this one also works for children, but she does link to the princess bed for reference/description, so you could test it anyway
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 8:31 AM
I'll give them a try. I already have the Craftmeister toddler bed so that will be easy to test.

~Call me Jo~
Undead Molten Llama
#6 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 9:17 AM
I don't know of any such beds (because I've never looked), but what I do in that situation is just use the top part of a bunk bed for the child and then stick the toddler in a one-tile crib underneath it, sitting on the bunk's middle tile. Both the bunk and the crib still work, although the animation for the kid to get into the bunk looks funny, of course. But it's only for a little while until the toddler ages up. When they do, I add the bottom piece of the bunk bed. So, if you can't find a de-princessed bed, then maybe that would work?

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 12:02 PM
Would it work with a toddler mat or bed do you think? I never use cribs for toddlers. I'll try those two suggested above but I have a feeling they are toddler only. It's a shame Beck's never made a boy's/more gender neutral one.

~Call me Jo~
Undead Molten Llama
#8 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 1:27 PM
I've used 2-tile cribs under a top bunk, and they work, too. I just like the one-tile ones because then I can stick a one-tile changing table under there, too, if the younger kid is a baby. (I don't bother with changing tables for toddlers.) Or I'll use Honeywell's "Haffa" crib and change table, which work under a bunk. So, I would think that a 2x1-tile toddler bed or mat should work. I don't use either, so I don't know for sure. But I believe the toddler beds are cloned from 2-tile cribs, yes? So I would think that those, at least, would work.

But yes, it would be nice if there was a less-girly child-size bed. For people who know how to mesh, it probably wouldn't be hard to de-princess Beck's. Unfortunately, I don't really know how to mesh, or I'd help you out.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 1:41 PM
Sometimes it's worth coming here to WCIF just to see what people are talking about. I've just downloaded rebecah's Princess Bed. Maybe my boys are soppier than yours (half of them turn out gay ), but I think they'll be happy enough with it. If they say anything, I'll tell them the blue recolour is a "Prince" bed.

Rebecah is still around. Her last logon here at MTS was on 27th March, so it might be worth suggesting a unisex version in the comments to the Princess Bed, or contacting her on Affinity Sims.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Theorist
#10 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 11:35 PM
I would think a sleep mat would work. I've used a shelf bed, moved it up and had a chair in the middle tile, 1 tile desk under the pillow end and a 1 tile dresser at the other end. All were useable. Not sure if the dresser was Merola's endtable-dressers or game 1 tile. The end table ones work where game ones don't, like bedsides. The living-room chair only works in the middle tile. The animations are a bit funky but just don't watch and you won't notice. The challenge of tiny lots gets those brain cells working and it's fun to try new ways to cram a few more things in there.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#11 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 11:57 PM
It's just a shame there is not a more gender neutral bed as not even all girls want a bed like that, let alone boys. Plenty of girls like boyish things and boys using feminine things means little. Most boys, however they turn out, would not want a bed like that.

If Rebeka was on the creators who took requests I would pm her about it but as it is it doesn't feel right to ask. Maybe if I was an active member who posted on Affinity sims, but all I have done from there is download.

~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 12:56 AM
Is THIS the princess bed you're all talking about?

I can try my hand at modifying the mesh over the weekend / next few days if you're willing to be patient. It'd be my first real attempt at doing anything with Milkshape other than silly stuff for my own personal wants. That and I have prior commitments this weekend.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 1:06 AM
Yes I linked to it in post 3# above.

Really?! Oh goodness yes. Take all the time you need.

~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 1:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Yes I linked to it in post 3# above.

Really?! Oh goodness yes. Take all the time you need.

Oops, sorry. I haven't slept well in four or five days, completely skipped over your link. I'll keep you guys updated on my progress once I start working on it.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 1:16 AM
I know how that feels, I am a terrible sleeper and chronically tired.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#16 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 2:45 AM
Rebecah is on hold for requests at the moment because of RL issues.

http://www.affinitysims.com/IPB/top...ebecah-on-hold/
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 5:10 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 11th Apr 2015 at 1:24 PM.
Even if she was open I don't like asking on sites I don't post on. Just seems, I don't know, rude?

@siletka the Hansen bed works. So don't worry about messing around with the mesh on the other one.

He's much happier.

~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#18 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 7:44 PM
Since this toddler bed works for children, would other toddler beds work too? Many times I've had adults or teens queue actions to sleep or relax on toddler beds. Always canceled it so I'm not sure if they actually could use them without problems.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 8:09 PM
I'm still gonna give it a shot, since you can't have too many beds.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#20 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 10:08 PM
That is true.

I'll have to test out the other toddler bed that I have but I don't think they allow anyone other then toddler to interact with the bed except for an adult to put a toddler in the bed, although in most cases they can't and they place the toddler on the floor.

~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 2:56 AM
Step one: Export mesh. Fail. Either the guides I'm following are wrong, or I'm missing something important but can't manage to export the mesh. Hooray!

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#22 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 3:00 AM
Oh dear. If I had any clue about meshing I would offer help, but I know as much about that as rocket science, none.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#23 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 3:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by siletka
Step one: Export mesh. Fail. Either the guides I'm following are wrong, or I'm missing something important but can't manage to export the mesh. Hooray!

How did you try to export the mesh? Did you open SimPE and click on the Geometric Data Container (GMDC) under the Resource Tree on the top left? Then right click on the line that shows up under Resource List and pick Extract and it should give you the option to save it somewhere.
Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 3:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
How did you try to export the mesh? Did you open SimPE and click on the Geometric Data Container (GMDC) under the Resource Tree on the top left? Then right click on the line that shows up under Resource List and pick Extract and it should give you the option to save it somewhere.

Clicked on the Geometric Data Container, then to the right it had two entries. I right-clicked both and picked Extract, and it gave me text files of some kind?

Other than the AnotherCastleToddlerChildBed file, thats the stuff it exported.

If that's correct, I have no idea which file to work with. Or how to properly import it into Milkshape. All the guides I seem to find are out of date / wrong.

Mad Poster
#25 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 4:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by siletka
Clicked on the Geometric Data Container, then to the right it had two entries. I right-clicked both and picked Extract, and it gave me text files of some kind?

Other than the AnotherCastleToddlerChildBed file, thats the stuff it exported.

If that's correct, I have no idea which file to work with. Or how to properly import it into Milkshape. All the guides I seem to find are out of date / wrong.

There must be two separate meshes for the bed. You'd have to open them in Milkshape to see which is which. In Milkshape click File - Import - Sims2 UniMesh Import V4.09 (not the split import) and find the 5gd file where you saved it and open that.
Page 1 of 3