Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#2826 Old 11th Aug 2019 at 4:04 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 12th Aug 2019 at 2:06 PM.
I think at least some of the frame updates are free content from the update/patch from August, not part of the pack. So you get a lot of awful clothes, some mediocre BB stuff, a career, and that seems to be it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYLRblKOCs4. The frames are a nice addition, and sometimes I wonder if they put more work into (some of the) free updates than they do for stuffpacks...

Well, maybe the posing option is a part of the pack, but considering someone figured out how to make CC poses a long while ago it may not be the most neccessary part of the pack, particularly if i turns out the posing option can only be used for ingame photographies.

EDIT: Found a video of a showcase, and the photography part does look interesting, but I'm honestly more interested in taking screenshots for out-of-game use than taking pictures to hang on sims' walls, so I still don't think it's something I'll get for my game.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2827 Old 13th Aug 2019 at 3:59 AM Last edited by matrix54 : 13th Aug 2019 at 9:41 AM.
The build mode highlight of the pack - the windows - doesn't come with a matching door. The door is similar in style, but doesn't fit like the other windows do.

Also, how do you feature a window in the promotional trailer, then cut it? Technically, there should be two windows (open and closed), since the curved window is three tiles wide. It's just gone. I don't know...
Screenshots

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#2828 Old 13th Aug 2019 at 4:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
The build mode highlight of the pack - the windows - doesn't come with a matching door. The door is similar in style, but doesn't fit like the other windows do.

Do you have something against color blind people at maxis, who work to give us their amazing hand-designed objects ?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#2829 Old 16th Aug 2019 at 5:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chax
I don't get it, why does a collab with a fashion clothing line has so little CAS content ???

Because even they knew simmers would have very little use for most of the clothes that Moschino offers

The Receptacle still lives!
Mad Poster
#2830 Old 16th Aug 2019 at 6:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chax
I don't get it, why does a collab with a fashion clothing line has so little CAS content ???

There wouldn't been room for the game play object - piece-mealed upgraded skill. A compensation/trade-off was deem necessary. Or that's what maxis would say to explain for any questionable choices.

Instructor
#2831 Old 16th Aug 2019 at 6:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
Because even they knew simmers would have very little use for most of the clothes that Moschino offers

But that itself begs the question: why partner with them to begin with?

It's like if instead of making a Katy Perry Stuff Pack when they did, they made a John Travolta stuff pack when he was far less of a current star and less beloved by simmers. Then come time to make the pack, they say "oh hey no one cares about him" so his pack is now about running an ice cream parlor.

I think they were simply on drugs when they made this game and their crippling addiction has continued since initial release.
Scholar
#2832 Old 16th Aug 2019 at 6:49 PM
I definitely don't understand why they partnered with them either - a company like H&M makes MUCH more sense, especially since they have Home collections aswell. We could have gotten new curtains and decor objects aswell as H&M clothes designs in the game. I would totally have bought that in an instant. This 'high fashion' bullshit is so stupid.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Mad Poster
#2833 Old 16th Aug 2019 at 6:57 PM
I'd much rather have a H&M pack (or any other brand with more normal, everyday clothes). Most of the Moschino stuff looks really strange and isn't something I'd ever wear, let alone put on my sims.

When people started naming the pack "mosquito" I had to look twice at the title. I hadn't even heard of the brand before this pack. I guess it's so "out there" it doesn't show up in stores where I live...
Mad Poster
#2834 Old 16th Aug 2019 at 6:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DeservedCriticism
But that itself begs the question: why partner with them to begin with?

Um sweeti don't you understand that Mosquito and EA have the same quirky mindset?? This is like synergy for them.

Mad Poster
#2835 Old 16th Aug 2019 at 7:00 PM
^ if I was gifted that one, I can almost guarantee it would get stuffed into a deep corner of a closet for quite some time, and when I did find it I'd probably try using it for washing windows...

There's humor, and then there's pointlessness. I think TS4 (and Moschino) are confusing the two...
Instructor
#2836 Old 16th Aug 2019 at 7:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat

-Insert money gif that can't be quoted for some reason-

Even THIS doesn't seem applicable though. The only reason for Moschino or another partner to pay is exposure. There's no way Moschino outearns H&M or Ikea. Seems like there's way more profit to be had in them, no? Like sure maybe Moschino has more motivation to pay for exposure, but I'd think those two dwarf Moschino so hard they can easily match their price without flinching.

It honestly begs the question if someone on staff wanted their own fashion label so they pushed for this since Moschino was offering Sims-themed clothing or something. I sincerely doubt they'll sell much of that shit long term and they probably already made the bulk of their profit when the label was announced.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2837 Old 16th Aug 2019 at 8:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
I don't know how much Mosquito earns; I can't be bothered to find out. Somebody must be buying their stuff as otherwise they wouldn't continue to be in business. There were a bunch of simmers that bought the plumbob earrings and according to a TS4 video I was watching this morning, somebody bought the real version of the swimsuit that has plumbobs all over it.

Skip to 11:11 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFS...annel=Simproved . So yeah, money is being spent...

Not from meeeeeee.

Instructor
#2838 Old 16th Aug 2019 at 9:40 PM
So I went to find the cost of that plumbob bathing suit (They apparently don't have it on there anymore) and came across this like seriously why? This is not worth 750 bucks... Walmart has been selling sweat pants like this since the beginning of time for like 15 bucks tops... but there are apparently people out there who buy this shit...

Literally just freaking scroll down this page I'm laughing my ass off at this because of the utter ridiculousness of these clothes... like I mean to each their own but omg... its so funny... I think I saw a shirt with a box of laundry detergent on it... I'm literally crying... I'm sorry I'm going to hell for laughing about this...

and for those of you mentioning H&M well they did a collab with Moschino as well
Mad Poster
#2839 Old 16th Aug 2019 at 11:14 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 16th Aug 2019 at 11:24 PM.
Looking at that Moschino page, I don't think they're just color-blind. I think they're pattern-blind, too

I mean... who buys this stuff anyway? There's a shirt with what looks like a box of detergent. I honestly don't see the humor, other than the clothes being way too weird to consider walking around with.

Is it really so hard to design something people wouldn't feel completely stupid wearing? Some of the clothes kinda look workable if not for the giant logo everywhere, but the rest are close to the level of... well, whatever the pictures I linked below are supposed to be (I mean, those would be great as halloween costumes, but you wouldn't wear them in day-to-day life).
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#2840 Old 16th Aug 2019 at 11:26 PM
^ I'd rather see the street-friendly line on the runway. The weird runway fashion is just a huge waste of resources...
Mad Poster
#2841 Old 17th Aug 2019 at 12:57 PM
yEAh. Even when nickle and dim motivate is behind a thing, they always execute their sinister practice in quite illogical or ineffective way. A stuff pack, but for some reason focus was put primary on gameplay, last on clothing. It would be funny if they continue with this trend of stuff packs becoming less and less about, well, stuff.

Well, at least this colab works (as I can see) for people who don't know how to not overspend on priceful shit. Simmers who still hold onto hope will certainly buy it. Then there are completionist doing it for obvious reasons. And the minority who genuinely buy it and find the price reasonable (If not on sale). As for rl clothes, well.... (combination of) rich people , those who lack spending restraining, and genuinely like it with the price tag.

Honestly, I don't see this colab doing much impactful advantage to their favor of any corporation. Moschino customers will need to be TS4 fans already to get onto the stuff pack (though it may work, but I don't see working as expected). Sims fans already voice they're not considering spending on Moschino that are over two times pricy than DLC itself. So as for the motivate of attaining new consumers won't really blow up in their favorite. Aside the crossover, I see both consumer base still buying this colab product but again it will be just stagnant (TS4 will buy the stuff pack for what item their interested in, aviant moschino customer might find the frozen bunny cute despite being unfamiliar with said mascot)

Forum Resident
#2842 Old 17th Aug 2019 at 1:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MoozyFoozy
Runway fashion is typically comical and not really bought by most people. It's not meant to be desired by the general public. Usually, high end companies will sell a more street-friendly line after a runway show.

Yeah, high fashion is literally an art-form. That it's absurd is the point, and the designs generally aren't intended for widespread public consumption. It's aimed at rich followers who are obsessed with owning pieces from the collection, not even necessarily with any intention of wearing them.

Which raises the question of why Maxis thought this would be an appropriate theme to base a pack around. Carl's assessment is pretty accurate: this is primarily a fashion photography addon (despite the confusing marketing), but what a strange theme to add to the game on its own. It would work much better as a small part of Get Famous or similar such pack.

Anyway, The Sims Superstar did haute couture much better :p
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2843 Old 17th Aug 2019 at 1:57 PM
I will continue to champion that the stuff pack should have been a retail add-on and much of the photography additions should have been a patch.

It’s a fashion brand. I can get more use of clothing stores than a photo studio, but I think that’s the developers key issue: they go for quick little moments of fun rather than fleshing out the core experience. We have magic but no university.

Mad Poster
#2844 Old 17th Aug 2019 at 2:27 PM
I would build a high fashion runaway for fur suits. Oh and I wouldn't buy said and any other packs that doesn't feature animal costumes to collect.

Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
Perhaps I'm letting my imagination run away with me, but on the trailer vid, 22 seconds in where we see the big room filled with stuff, at the bottom we see an acoustic guitar sitting next to a new (blue coloured) amplifier box and another bit of sound tech. Could this mean we're getting something close to an electric guitar? And, hope against hope, does this further mean a guitar can be slotted to it permanently, so that sims do not pick them up and put them down willy-nilly, play facing brick walls, all the guitar idiocy Maxis insisting we will enjoy since TS3 guitar chaos? Could we finally be going back to the better system of TS2 guitars??? Really!!!? In a stuff pack?! Nah, get real. This is Maxis. It's just hope-shattering décor and nothing more. Dream on. (Almost had me rushing to pre-order! Now that would be a first. One thing off my bucket list. Pre-order a game. Maybe Cyberpunk. Maybe. There's still time... If Keanu doesn't do it for me, nothing will. Excellent!)

If only multitasking was useful and you could direct a Sim to walk and move with the guitar.

Scholar
#2845 Old 17th Aug 2019 at 9:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MoozyFoozy
I believe Moschino likely approached them to ask for a collaboration, handed EA a pile of money, and said "Looking forward to the pack being released in a month. Anyway k thx bi."

Hmm, maybe all simmers could raise a big pile of money, contact EA and say 'Looking forward to all the improvements of the game and every feature we want. Anyway k thx bai.'
Oh wait....

Simblr
Instructor
#2846 Old 17th Aug 2019 at 11:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Apsalar
Hmm, maybe all simmers could raise a big pile of money, contact EA and say 'Looking forward to all the improvements of the game and every feature we want. Anyway k thx bai.'
Oh wait....

I see what you did there
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2847 Old 18th Aug 2019 at 12:53 AM
That honestly seems the most likely because nothing about Moschino is reflected in the pack with the exception of some (not even all) of the clothing. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was “Fashion Photographer Stuff” because Moschino was involved.

Scholar
#2848 Old 18th Aug 2019 at 1:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mspigglypooh
I see what you did there

Simblr
dodgy builder
#2849 Old 19th Aug 2019 at 7:06 PM
Mad Poster
#2850 Old 13th Nov 2019 at 2:47 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 13th Nov 2019 at 2:59 PM.
Previously, on TISHRA EP thread...

To Insert my unwanted opinion: Awful peacemeal aside, but if Arts and Craft doesn't really offer much more than the FreeTime's activity related to that exclusive hobby, then it wouldn't be worth any attention or praisal. Pointless to buy a pack that's filled with oxygen, just so we could use it to refill the empty gap of a closed lid jar.

Page 114 of 141