Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#2876 Old 18th Nov 2019 at 11:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by toxicboy
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ZGKF6WB

You can now take a vote in the first survey. I kind of liked the Arts and Crafts themed pack with knitting (finally an activity for elders). But knowing EA they would probably manipulate it so that the Fitness Watch Stuff Pack wins and its features being a new accessory for your sims and a bunch of pop-up texts and "fun" menus so you can track down your sims steps and heartbeat... Seriously though? How much more fitness stuff do we need....

The fitness watch sounds so extremely boring. I am torn between Happy Haunts and Arts and Crafts myself. However, I still would prefer an overall hobbies game pack that includes most these ideas! Bringing back a "hobby enthusiasm" concept from Sims 2 would be awesome too.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2877 Old 18th Nov 2019 at 11:36 PM
I didn't see anything in the survey that seemed interesting. I mean, another microscope and telescope? Boooring! Give me a reason to play aliens, like my own alien space ship where I can abduct sims, or do an alien invasion, and some decent alien clothes. I mean, Marvin Martin doesn't even have shoes. How can we be talking about microscopes when all the aliens don't even have shoes yet?
And there's still no time machines, not even the lame rabbit hole one from Sims 3!

Sims are better than us.
Top Secret Researcher
#2878 Old 18th Nov 2019 at 11:47 PM
I voted this and am now feeling so sad and disappointed that it has come to this where fans are choosing which of all these amazing and actually doable concepts should next pack have... and only some sub-concepts of these broader concepts will make it because it's a stuff pack so essentially EA is asking US to piecemeal our own pack knowing that they can do all of this in one pack but choosing not to because... well, profit.
Instructor
#2879 Old 19th Nov 2019 at 1:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mixa97sr
I voted this and am now feeling so sad and disappointed that it has come to this where fans are choosing which of all these amazing and actually doable concepts should next pack have... and only some sub-concepts of these broader concepts will make it because it's a stuff pack so essentially EA is asking US to piecemeal our own pack knowing that they can do all of this in one pack but choosing not to because... well, profit.

Right, why can't we just have it all?
Mad Poster
#2880 Old 19th Nov 2019 at 3:04 AM
I am not WOW at all but chose Haunts and Crafts as the most interesting choices to me.
Inventor
#2881 Old 19th Nov 2019 at 3:30 AM
It was difficult to choose between Art and Crafts and Fun-Tech (with Happy Haunts in third place). Edible art sounds like a really stupid feature, so I hope they don't go that route if Arts and Crafts is chosen. I'm very intrigued about the Grim Reaper career, even though I'm kinda meh about the rest of the features of that pack.

Science and Technology comes off as something that should be patched in for free, given the fact it offers small versions of existing objects (telecospe and microscope).
The Self-Care pack sounds boring AF. Nothing really compelling but I imagine it'll be quite popular among a certain demographic.
Lab Assistant
#2882 Old 19th Nov 2019 at 3:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DeservedCriticism
Who cares? It's a stuff pack and it'll be shit regardless of what wins. Pretty sure most of us are only showing an interest in this because it fascinates us how bad the team can fuck up. I mean again, 4 out of 5 categories have repeat content listed and advertised as though it were something new. It's astounding how bad this team can get.

True, that's why I want Arts and Crafts to win. I really want there to be more hobbies in this game. And if it does win, kids should be able to do whatever it is we get since most kids love crafts. It might be shit otherwise (and I mean Laundry Day was a good one imo so I'm holding out a little hope) but it would be nice to see kids being included, especially since they've been snubbed so much recently.
Top Secret Researcher
#2883 Old 19th Nov 2019 at 9:44 AM
Science and Tech pack looks interesting to me not because of lower sized items but because of the electrician career, fixing and building new electrical items sounds fun. You could build a business out of that.

The thing is, all of this sounds like it should be a part of one pack dedicated to hobbies and interests. Self care sounds like health and fitness interest, science and tech sounds like interest in science and tech, that ghost pack sounds like the interest in occult and arts and crafts sounds like interest in arts and crafts.
They are all together essentially actual HOBBY EP, just like Free Time for Sims 2 is, but EA's basically asking us to choose only one aspect of one of those presented hobby concepts.
One Minute Ninja'd
#2884 Old 19th Nov 2019 at 12:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mixa97sr
Science and Tech pack looks interesting to me not because of lower sized items but because of the electrician career, fixing and building new electrical items sounds fun. You could build a business out of that.

The thing is, all of this sounds like it should be a part of one pack dedicated to hobbies and interests. Self care sounds like health and fitness interest, science and tech sounds like interest in science and tech, that ghost pack sounds like the interest in occult and arts and crafts sounds like interest in arts and crafts.
They are all together essentially actual HOBBY EP, just like Free Time for Sims 2 is, but EA's basically asking us to choose only one aspect of one of those presented hobby concepts.

But if they put just one in a GP, they might possibly flesh it out enough to be decent, but based on performance to date, if they go for all three in an EP not one will have any real depth.
Instructor
#2885 Old 19th Nov 2019 at 1:59 PM
It was a hard survey because a lot of what they asked was already in the game or it will be a recycling of what we already have. For example i feel like in the science and tech theme the holographic friend would be a mix in-between the little bot from DU and the familiar from ROM. I mean the highlight was helping with homework and cleaning for your sim. I don't know most of it was hard to vote for in general because ALOT of what I read was like, "well that's I'm the game already... That's just boring... I don't like any of that and or this doesnt seem well thought out". I do like the idea of arts and crafts but it just sucks that we have to pick and choose. It's crazy when you think about what you got in older games like 1 or 2. And it's like what happened to some of the themes from last time. Like the dangerous stuff theme?
Forum Resident
#2886 Old 19th Nov 2019 at 5:52 PM
The rehash of content is bad enough, but I can see history repeating itself with EA throwing out an interesting concept and then picking the most mundane out of them all. There's only like two things that I would really consider slightly good enough to warrant a new stuff pack. And while I agree that the potential to have a more fleshed out Hobbies pack sounds like the way to go, I don't really know if even that would improve them based on pack releases this year.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Mad Poster
#2887 Old 19th Nov 2019 at 6:58 PM
Holographic friend when mention came to mind would be the virtual pet from ITF and perhaps a combination with imaginary friend.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#2888 Old 19th Nov 2019 at 7:30 PM
A thought- would a 'be careful of what you wish for' situation emerge out of this? I wonder how much a winning topic diminishes EA's appetite for a more substantial game pack?

I.e. if hobbies wins, does it diminish the likelihood of a full game or even expansion pack centered around the topic? On top of that, a stuff pack hardly is enough to scratch the surface or to introduce meaningful systems (as indicated by the fact that only one gameplay object will be made, despite the fact that many of them are equally valid).

As such, I wonder if it would be in players best interest to choose the least harmful option.
Forum Resident
#2889 Old 19th Nov 2019 at 7:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
As such, I wonder if it would be in players best interest to choose the least harmful option.

What a sad state of affairs when you have to start considering that to get a potentially better pack later, you have to go with the worst idea to even have them consider doing so. And still paid content on top of that. Even when there's no guarantee that they'll even go back to any of these concepts.

I agree with you completely too in case it wasn't obvious. There's many different outcomes to this situation, and none of them seem particularly favorable.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Mad Poster
#2890 Old 19th Nov 2019 at 11:46 PM
I would like more to hobbies also and it is so sad that we think this way, pick the worst. But it is so true!
Mad Poster
#2891 Old 20th Nov 2019 at 7:23 PM
A thought- would a 'be careful of what you wish for' situation emerge out of this? I wonder how much a winning topic diminishes EA's appetite for a more substantial game pack?

I.e. if hobbies wins, does it diminish the likelihood of a full game or even expansion pack centered around the topic? On top of that, a stuff pack hardly is enough to scratch the surface or to introduce meaningful systems (as indicated by the fact that only one gameplay object will be made, despite the fact that many of them are equally valid).

Which hobbies? There like is one which is "arts and craft" (unless you count it's sub-divisions? Even if we did vote other than arts & crafts, for the sake of hoping it will provide more than three enjoyable hobbies, it wouldn't make a differene and peacemeal still would make in its way to divide activities in smaller DLC (stuff packs). In TS4 a stuff pack can be just about anything, like brooms and mops. God forbid we even suggest a FreeTime remake, as developers will be like

Mad Poster
#2892 Old 20th Nov 2019 at 7:26 PM

Which hobbies? There like is one which is "arts and craft" (unless you count it's sub-divisions? Even if we did vote other than arts & crafts, for the sake of hoping it will provide more than three enjoyable hobbies, it wouldn't make a differene and peacemeal still would make in its way to divide activities in smaller DLC (stuff packs). In TS4 a stuff pack can be just about anything, like brooms and mops. God forbid we even suggest a FreeTime remake, as developers will be like [img]

Mad Poster
#2893 Old 20th Nov 2019 at 7:36 PM

Mad Poster
#2894 Old 20th Nov 2019 at 7:38 PM

Which hobbies? There like is one which is "arts and craft" (unless you count it's sub-divisions? Even if we did vote other than arts & crafts, for the sake of hoping it will provide more than three enjoyable hobbies, it wouldn't make a differene and peacemeal still would make in its way to divide activities in smaller DLC (stuff packs). In TS4 a stuff pack can be just about anything, like brooms and mops. God forbid we even suggest a FreeTime remake, as developers will be like [url=https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=

Mad Poster
#2895 Old 20th Nov 2019 at 7:39 PM

Which hobbies? There like is one which is "arts and craft" (unless you count it's sub-divisions? Even if we did vote other than arts & crafts, for the sake of hoping it will provide more than three enjoyable hobbies, it wouldn't make a differene and peacemeal still would make in its way to divide activities in smaller DLC (stuff packs). In TS4 a stuff pack can be just about anything, like brooms and mops. God forbid we even suggest a FreeTime remake, as developers will be like [url=https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=

Mad Poster
#2896 Old 20th Nov 2019 at 7:44 PM

Maxis: Vote for arts and crafts, or anything else.
We: but we don't want activities competing in this pole. Can we please get FreeTime remake or pack revolving more than just one hobby.
Maxis team:

They're shook about this idea.

Instructor
#2897 Old 20th Nov 2019 at 7:49 PM
It's what they miss out of the survey which intrigues me. It's mostly Adult stuff. They are keeping clear of a lot of kid's playstuff or useful stuff for farming or horses so they might be saving up for putting those in separate future EPs, GPs or Stuff packs. The fact there is knitting and crafts could be that they are not aiming at pleasing those who want an Elderly stuff pack but willing to do just a little or the minimum for them.
Mad Poster
#2898 Old 21st Nov 2019 at 12:39 AM
LOL there were a few where I wanted to say I have less than zero interest in this too!
Lab Assistant
#2899 Old 21st Nov 2019 at 7:57 AM
Just to get it right.... we can choose between 5 themes, when it's chosen, we can vote within this theme for only ONE of those listed features?
Mad Poster
#2900 Old 21st Nov 2019 at 11:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fluse
Just to get it right.... we can choose between 5 themes, when it's chosen, we can vote within this theme for only ONE of those listed features?

???? In the survey I took we are asked about all themes and and subtopics in them. Just follow what it says. It leads you right through it.
Page 116 of 141