1 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#351 Old 5th Jul 2022 at 9:54 PM
I'm totally confused with this patch.

I've installed it and it has done nothing. Is there a reliable tutorial or set of accurate instructions to get this to work? Much appreciated.

Peace, Harmony & Balance... Libra is Love..
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#352 Old 6th Jul 2022 at 12:02 PM
Check the games config-log in documents. If it reads 4096 for memory it's enabled. It's not a guarantee to fix all game problems, but it does generally help with lag and crashing.
Field Researcher
#353 Old 13th Jul 2022 at 5:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ozuru
Hi, so i saw that no one ever posted a fix for this so I'm going to ask about it again!

So I've applied the patch, but it isn't working properly. So, I go to cut the.exe file and paste in in my CSBin folder, and the launch it from there. However it won't launch and instead I get an error code that says "Core/Activation.dll" was not found, and that's why it couldn't execute the launch. I've tried maybe pasting it elsewhere, but I get the same pop-up.

Has anyone found a fix for this? Without it, I can't apply the patch :/

Did anyone figure out a fix for the Core/Activation.dll error? I'm having that error now.
Mad Poster
#354 Old 13th Jul 2022 at 6:04 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 13th Jul 2022 at 3:43 PM.
Have you tried copy/pasting the EXE to the desktop, applying the patch there, then putting it back into the TSbin folder?

If you're using the standard install via ProgramFiles, Windows can be a pain in the behind with what you're allowed to edit and limits access to files, so edits might not save properly if done in the original folder. This method is one way to go around that.

(Also works if you're having trouble with saving changes to the GraphicRules/VideoCard files).
Field Researcher
#355 Old 13th Jul 2022 at 6:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Have you tried copy/pasting the EXE to the desktop, applying the patch there, then putting it back into the TSbin folder?

If you're using the standard install via ProgramFiles, Windows can be a pain in the behind with what you're allowed to edit and limits access to files, so edits might not save properly if done in the original folder. This method is one way to go around that.

It worked! Thank you @simmer22 . Thank you Thank you Thank you!
Test Subject
#356 Old 18th Mar 2023 at 8:41 AM
Default This hasn't fully worked for me
I tried to follow everything correctly, the patch worked and the task and everything. But the used memory ( green bar ) was still short and the Standby ( blue bar ) was still there. When i loaded into a neighborhood the houses were flashing purple due to corruption? I ignored it and loaded into a family... Almost everything in the house was flashing purple except the floors and walls and the sim was all purple, t-posing, transparent and faceless, which was quite
ominous. I tried going to another lot but that's when it crashed... IDK what happend i'm on windows 11 and ik that i followed every step precisely.
Lab Assistant
#357 Old 20th May 2023 at 3:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by melon44
I tried to follow everything correctly, the patch worked and the task and everything. But the used memory ( green bar ) was still short and the Standby ( blue bar ) was still there. When i loaded into a neighborhood the houses were flashing purple due to corruption? I ignored it and loaded into a family... Almost everything in the house was flashing purple except the floors and walls and the sim was all purple, t-posing, transparent and faceless, which was quite
ominous. I tried going to another lot but that's when it crashed... IDK what happend i'm on windows 11 and ik that i followed every step precisely.

Same problem. I built a big city in sims 2. Then I went to one of the downloaded sites to check if all the necessary custom objects are in place, and after exiting it, the game either crashes or flashes pink even with the mods disabled.
How can I deal with this problem? Maybe it's because I built too big a city?
Mad Poster
#358 Old 20th May 2023 at 4:54 PM
For me, these tweaks helped a lot, especially the ones under #1 and #2. They are part of the GraphicRules (the new one, April 2021), but you still have to make sure the boxes are ticked and that the GR files are actually changed, especially if you're on windows.

https://episims.tumblr.com/post/190...-helped-me-with

(I did the fixes manually before GRM was updated - at first I had pink soup to the extreme, with only some scraps of default replacements in, and pretty much the moment I entered the game. After the fixes I've currently tested with all my build/buy items for several hours of building and poking around in the catalogs in a new game, and so far no pink-flashing. Had one crash when doing some pictures a while back, but not sure what caused it, but I think it was after a few hours of playing).
Lab Assistant
#359 Old 20th May 2023 at 5:55 PM Last edited by Burinis : 20th May 2023 at 8:03 PM. Reason: fixed mistake
For me, these tweaks helped a lot, especially the ones under #1 and #2. They are part of the GraphicRules (the new one, April 2021), but you still have to make sure the boxes are ticked and that the GR files are actually changed, especially if you're on windows.

(I did the fixes manually before GRM was updated - at first I had pink soup to the extreme, with only some scraps of default replacements in, and pretty much the moment I entered the game. After the fixes I've currently tested with all my build/buy items for several hours of building and poking around in the catalogs in a new game, and so far no pink-flashing. Had one crash when doing some pictures a while back, but not sure what caused it, but I think it was after a few hours of playing).

The boolprop useshaders false cheat fixed the pink flicker issue. But another problem arose: the characters in CAS become very bright. Installing the Overly Bright CAS Fix mod by Lazy Duchess helps, but the flickering issue also comes back. What to do?
Lab Assistant
#360 Old 24th Jun 2023 at 6:48 PM
Memory: 4096MB
Free memory: 2956MB
My Free Memory is not budging, I followed the steps, what am I doing wrong? I keep getting Pink Sims with their arms outstretched if I play/have the game on for longer than 4 hours. Help!
Forum Resident
#361 Old 24th Jun 2023 at 9:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BaseGamePlayer
Memory: 4096MB
Free memory: 2956MB
My Free Memory is not budging, I followed the steps, what am I doing wrong? I keep getting Pink Sims with their arms outstretched if I play/have the game on for longer than 4 hours. Help!

How much memory do you have overall? If it's only 4GB then it simply can't give you more than whatever is leftover from Windows and everything else you have running.
Lab Assistant
#362 Old 25th Jun 2023 at 12:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by foxmanic
How much memory do you have overall? If it's only 4GB then it simply can't give you more than whatever is leftover from Windows and everything else you have running.

Processor AMD A6-9500 RADEON R5, 8 COMPUTE CORES 2C+6G 3.50 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB (6.93 GB usable)

System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display
Test Subject
#363 Old 13th Aug 2023 at 5:35 AM Last edited by raemelody : 13th Aug 2023 at 7:29 AM.
I just got a fresh install of the UC on a new computer running windows 10. I had the crashing issues, so I installed the patch. I successfully ran the game for about an hour, then I quit and installed some CC default replacement makeup. I opened the game, and I got pink flashing. Removed CC, now it's back to crashing. Removed all my mods, it's still crashing. So I did the data execution prevention, and it still hasn't fixed it. Does anyone have a recommendation on the next step? I have checked that the patch is working.

update- I tried looking at the standby processes in the Rammap program, and turned off the calculator that was taking up a TON of memory, but now I'm back to flashing pink. If I put my mods folder back in, I have crashing with no pink. When I remove it, I get flashing pink.

update-Manually added my graphics card (nvidia geforce RTX 3060) and had to remove the community time mod as well as Nopke's shadow fix mod. This seemed to have fixed the issue, until I tried removing shadows in the graphics.sgr and it broke again. It's still broken now even with the backup restored. Any help is appreciated, because I don't want to give up
Mad Poster
#364 Old 13th Aug 2023 at 2:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by raemelody
I just got a fresh install of the UC on a new computer running windows 10. I had the crashing issues, so I installed the patch. I successfully ran the game for about an hour, then I quit and installed some CC default replacement makeup. I opened the game, and I got pink flashing. Removed CC, now it's back to crashing. Removed all my mods, it's still crashing. So I did the data execution prevention, and it still hasn't fixed it. Does anyone have a recommendation on the next step? I have checked that the patch is working.

update- I tried looking at the standby processes in the Rammap program, and turned off the calculator that was taking up a TON of memory, but now I'm back to flashing pink. If I put my mods folder back in, I have crashing with no pink. When I remove it, I get flashing pink.

update-Manually added my graphics card (nvidia geforce RTX 3060) and had to remove the community time mod as well as Nopke's shadow fix mod. This seemed to have fixed the issue, until I tried removing shadows in the graphics.sgr and it broke again. It's still broken now even with the backup restored. Any help is appreciated, because I don't want to give up

See if this helps here: https://digitalangelsblog.wordpress...-on-windows-11/
(It is the same as for win 10 and makes the process very clear - follow the empty standby instructions).
but
I will first apply the 4GB patch and then patch George personally - and make sure you make a shortcut after that.
Mad Poster
#365 Old 13th Aug 2023 at 2:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
I will first apply the 4GB patch and then patch George personally - and make sure you make a shortcut after that.

Would do that the opposite way (Swap with George, apply 4GB, then make shortcut).

There's no point in applying the 4GB patch to the original EXE file when you're not going to use that one anyway.

---

If you've run GraphicRulesMaker at any point, check that you've run it with the proper settings.

My game went through a lot of crashing/pink-flashing until I did the steps in #2 here, which are now incorporated in GRM (they weren't back pre-2020 when I had issues... which likely caused some of the issues).
Mad Poster
#366 Old 13th Aug 2023 at 5:11 PM
Would do that the opposite way (Swap with George, apply 4GB, then make shortcut).

There's no point in applying the 4GB patch to the original EXE file when you're not going to use that one anyway.

---

If you've run GraphicRulesMaker at any point, check that you've run it with the proper settings.

My game went through a lot of crashing/pink-flashing until I did the steps in #2 here, which are now incorporated in GRM (they weren't back pre-2020 when I had issues... which likely caused some of the issues).

Of course you are right. I must be a bit scattered today. Back when I saved myself a patched version of George, so I did not actually have to apply the 4GB patch when I got my new laptop.
Page 15 of 15