Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 21st Dec 2018 at 9:21 PM
Did you try what i suggested in buy mode? The game doesn't need to be in live mode to crash.
I can't tell weather yours is Genetic based or Object based.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#27 Old 21st Dec 2018 at 9:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jasmini
Did you try what i suggested in buy mode? The game doesn't need to be in live mode to crash.
I can't tell weather yours is Genetic based or Object based.

I just tried the going into buy mode and moving around all the hot tubs including the black expensive one. No problems.

I'm wondering if the 4GB patch actually *did* take, but it just doesn't show that it took in my config-log. Someone on that thread said she thought it was a possibility because her game also did not show a difference in memory read, but it seemed to help her game immensely anyway.

I truly don't know.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 21st Dec 2018 at 9:58 PM
Do you recall what the last thing was before the game crashed?

Was there a townie or a sim that visited the lot? This is tricky because you would have to catch that specific sim in the act.
Usually before the game crashes the game initiates a pause and then crashes or resumes. The crash would definitely not be random.
Do you have face template replacements, or default skin replacements?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#29 Old 22nd Dec 2018 at 1:12 AM
Do you recall what the last thing was before the game crashed?

Was there a townie or a sim that visited the lot? This is tricky because you would have to catch that specific sim in the act.
Usually before the game crashes the game initiates a pause and then crashes or resumes. The crash would definitely not be random.
Do you have face template replacements, or default skin replacements?

The crashes would happen right after entering a home lot. My best guess is the game was overwhelmed by the amount of sims on the lot - many of the home lots in my BACC neighborhood have a lot of sims.

I do have face templates, and I tested with and without them. They do not seem to be the issue. I do not have skin replacements.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 22nd Dec 2018 at 9:57 AM
Just to be thorough, are we talking about the lot literally crashing as soon as you start the lot from neighbourhood view? Do you get to see the lot or does it crash on the blue loading screen?
If the game crashes as soon as you start a lot, you could try summoning the sim elsewhere. The other cause might be a specific custom fridge or custom food, i learnt this crashes on apartments. Exnem custom food which dates as far as 2005, are known to crash lots specifically apartment lots, combine that with a custom fridge those will crash.

The other source could be sims tokens, they possibly haven't been deleted when they moved in the lot, or sims with no aspiration or a duped custom skin.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#31 Old 22nd Dec 2018 at 4:55 PM
Just to be thorough, are we talking about the lot literally crashing as soon as you start the lot from neighbourhood view? Do you get to see the lot or does it crash on the blue loading screen?
If the game crashes as soon as you start a lot, you could try summoning the sim elsewhere. The other cause might be a specific custom fridge or custom food, i learnt this crashes on apartments. Exnem custom food which dates as far as 2005, are known to crash lots specifically apartment lots, combine that with a custom fridge those will crash.

The other source could be sims tokens, they possibly haven't been deleted when they moved in the lot, or sims with no aspiration or a duped custom skin.

Great suggestions! I'll definitely check that out! I'm not married to having custom food. I do have to look at some of the mods that distribute tokens to sims. I forget which ones those are. That can definitely cause major problems.

EDIT: forgot to mention, it crashes a few seconds after the home lot loads. Although sometimes it crashes on the blue screen. There doesn't really seem to be any rhyme or reason, you know?
Page 2 of 2